Obama Fried Chicken

Well....we can send Jiro to the restaurant since he is the closes and he can report back to us how the food tastes? :lol:

Jiro, how about it? :lol:

Well....we can send Jiro to the restaurant since he is the closes and he can report back to us how the food tastes? :lol:

Jiro, how about it? :lol:

hmmmmm :hmm: it's at 110 ST. NICHOLAS AVE, NEW YORK, NY... which is about 15 min from me by bike. weather's extremely nice today. i better get going, si?

hmmmmm :hmm: it's at 110 ST. NICHOLAS AVE, NEW YORK, NY... which is about 15 min from me by bike. weather's extremely nice today. i better get going, si?

Get a passerby to take your picture there!!

How do you reacts this?

Do you feel insult or offensive over those US food product here at Lidl in Germany because this is American´s stereotype foods?

Do you feel insult or offensive over those US food product here at Lidl in Germany because this is American´s stereotype foods?

I don't see what's so stereotypical or offensive about it. That is what the American food is like.

I don't see what's so stereotypical or offensive about it. That is what the American food is like.

Exactly but some Americans see different as you... They feel being insult and offend over German company sell Obama chicken finger in Germany and accuse German company as racism? ridiculous!!! :roll: Germans including my boys were like WTF? They really have no idea that Obama chicken finger consider to be racially offensive.. Oh yes, my boys questioned me because they know I work for US Army. I explained them that I have no idea until I learn from watermelon thread at month ago. It was like hit my boys real hard... I am typing on my oldest son´s behalf... He think that the people need life... and only racist thing is the people who find something racist out of nothing... Maybe they should take look at themselves and ask "Why am I thinking like that?"

We use good common sense when we see Obama chicken finger everywhere in supermarket that Europeans love Obama...it's profit German company´s business to boost enconmy... and don´t understand why Americans consider it as a racial offensive.

Yes, my son is right that I also think the people need to a life, too. Americans should be proud that any company in different countries feel so good about President of the USA. I guess they don’t know that white people eat lots of fried chicken too... :roll:

German Fried Chicken: Tender, Juicy Obama Fingers Hit the Shelves - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

I ask the question to myself...

How about KFC? Should all KFC's around the world and America also close down because they sell fried chicken?

How about Uncle Ben? A black man on front of "Uncle Ben" packet of rice for YEARS since I was a little girl...? Racism?

Would you accuse TV producer as a racist because they film a black person with fried chicken on TV commerical ?

I will be back later for reply some posts... I have to go now to have a drink of coffee with my hubby...

Yea you got a point there, I have been going to Oktoberfest for years and I've seen banners where it says "Traditional German Bratwurst and Sauerkraut" I'm sure Germans don't find it insulting. If they found it insulting we wouldn't have Oktoberfest anymore, but we still have them. :)

Of course Germans do not feel insult over those German stereotype foods but feel good that many people from different countries like to eat German stereotype foods and also boost German´s good self-esteem to know that many people from different countries celebrate German festival with German foods to honor Germany... :P

Ok..I will tell u a little story..may have some relevance or may not.

Before the inauguration, my coworkers came up with the idea for a potluck for that day. Everyone agreed and someone said the potluck should be fried chicken, green beans, and other soul food dishes. Everyone thought that was a great idea. The night before Inauguration Day, I was making my dish and my hubby asked me what it was for and I told him and how we came up with the theme to honor Obama. My husband said it was racist and I was shocked.

Now, as I read this story, it does make me wonder if black people in general find it offensive and if they do, then that's their right. I am not a black person so I cant dictate on how they should feel or what they can or cant protest on.

You and your co-workers are wonderful people and thought positive of Obama. It doesn´t mean that you and your co-workers are racists because you all doing to honor Obama with black stereotype foods but positive thoughtful of you and your co-workers. Everyone must know the difference instead of pick on racism only... It´s a real pity when anyone think negative about stereotype foods. :(

To honor Obama and it's consider racist? Okayyyyyyyy... :ugh: The word racism is so overused people have truly lost the meaning of that word. I'll have to ask my neighbors if it consider racist, since they're black also.

Look at this one, there's another one that they consider racism. Hairy uproar over drugstore Obama

More to this story by pressing the link above. ;)

But I think some people are overreacting... It´s a real pity that some people are not proud what they are. :(

Oktoberfest is a celebration originated by Germans for Germans to celebrate foods and traditions of the Germans. Bratwurst and Sauerkraut are both traditional German foods. That is a fact, not a stereotype.

Now, if they put up a sign saying "Hitler's Bratwurst and Sauerkraut" I imagine you would see some pretty quick protesting of the implications of such a sign.

The business owner would lost their profit if they add "Hitler´s Bratwurst and Sauerkraut" because it would put the people off and will think the business owner is the fan of Hitler.

Yes, Sauerkraut, Bratwurst and beer is German tradition but also stereotype as well.

German Recipes / Food

German Stereotypes :: Soccerphile

Most German farmers are German stereotypes (I would say its similar as American "redneck" in Bavaria, Germany... They eat stereotypes foods at old tradition and beleive those foods, they eat is keep them strong and energy. It doesn´t offend German stereotypes but proud that we like their foods.

Anyway, about Hitler... Of course we know that Hitler was a vegetarian but it doesn´t bother us... It´s people´s problem for their ignorants to think negative too much if they remind or pick on vegetarians over Hitler...

Obama has barely settled into the White House and people are making Obama so famous. Obama seems everywhere-- in almost every products. There is absolutely nothing--nothing racist about it. I don't think the owner is saying that Obama loves fried chicken or it's black people's favorite food, It is to only tell you what they are serving in that restaurant and there are some people who are already made assumption that the owner is racist because of his sign. I think he just want his business to successful, because Obama being so popular nowadays and thinks it's easy to sell when they named him on signs, or products.

Yes, that´s right.

I don't know if a majority of black people would consider it racist about our potlock but before that, I never gave it much thought and now since then, iam more careful about things like that cuz of cultural sensitivity. I can't say that I agree or disagree since I don't know what it is like to live life as a black person. Maybe my hubby is the odd one but since this issue about the fried chicken has others protesting, it makes me wonder.

My case was just one example so it doesn't have a heavy influence. Just was providing one experience relating to the topic.

It´s a really pity... :(

It´s really sad that black people don´t know how much white people like to eat black stereotype foods. :(

Here in Germany, I feel free to honor any stereotype foods to visitors... They feel good that I think of them...

I guess that I would be more careful if I am in the USA. :(

Example of all, I cook cornbeef with cabbage sometimes.. This is Irish stereotype foods... - I honored Irish friends with those Irish foods... They said that those foods I cook to make them feel home... No once offensive or insult by them.

I was shocked too and after that I thought long and hard about it and realized that I could be responsible for contributing to the stereotyping. Maybe Obama would take offense that he is being honored by a stereotpying kind of food? Never know.

Not really...I will respect if Obama feel offensive by those product "Obama fried chicken" etc and ask to remove it but he doesn´t.

If Obama take offensive then he would say something but he doesn´t yet. Like he did with dolls... Remember? He and his wife asked doll company to stop to use their daughters´s name.

Not really...I will respect if Obama feel offensive by those product "Obama fried chicken" etc and ask to remove it but he doesn´t.

If Obama take offensive then he would say something but he doesn´t yet. Like he did with dolls... Remember? He and his wife asked doll company to stop to use their daughters´s name.

thing is - the company can afford to stop producing dolls. The fried chicken store owner doesn't. he cannot just simply change the sign because it cost him $5,000. That's a lot of money to him.

beside - there are plenty of poor merchants along the street in NYC selling $5 black hoods with "OBAMA" on it. one could see it as racist because a black person wearing black hood could be misconstrued as a thief or drug gang.

thing is - the company can afford to stop producing dolls.

No, it has nothing do with "can afford to stop produce the dolls" but respect. Obama and his wife CAN sue doll company if their wish are being ignore and continue to produce the doll with their daughter´s name for money.

The fried chicken store owner doesn't. he cannot just simply change the sign because it cost him $5,000. That's a lot of money to him.

No, the owner will say that it´s illegal if he use Obama´s full name. What and how he did is a legal because he use just Obama, not full name. Have you see PowerON´s link at his post that there´re Bush fried chicken? What about this?

beside - there are plenty of poor merchants along the street in NYC selling $5 black hoods with "OBAMA" on it. one could see it as racist because a black person wearing black hood could be misconstrued as a thief or drug gang.

Kind of "Obama" products is everywhere in many countries including Europe around the world because they :bowdown: Obama.. Obama is like superstar to them... It appalled to the world that USA consider it as a racially offensive because nobody consider it as Racially offensive but USA. We feel that Americans use those word "racism" to pick something because they have black president. :roll:

The company trading on the name "American Way", not offensive to me. I do find it funny that they promote all those products as being typical American Foods. Curry is India, Bagettes are French, and so on - but America has adapted many foods from other lands as part of our diverse restaurants and likes and dislikes.

Obama is like superstar .......... Americans use those word "racism" to pick something because they have black president.
An ill conceived honor given to one man by European and Middle-Eastern countries.
Yes, the observations are correct in that the word "racism" is used entirely too much in America and rarely in the accurate definition.
Most who are immediately offended and throw out the race card have two things going on - maybe three. 1. they do not know what racism is, 2. they can make a buck off of the throwing out of the term, 3. they can get out of trouble they caused by throwing out the race card.

Also, where terms are used inaccurately - Obam is not black -- he is of mixed race, caucasion and middle-eastern. He just uses black because of the benefit to him.

I read all those this topic is good discuss about that...

I have similar like that happen when I was in school. Yes.. bad move...

Of course, I am white by the way...

When that time I was school for Deaf campus and live resident dorm. I happen walk by, the student complaint why do that guy, who is black, ate chicken fried almost EVERYNIGHT! I just say that to person front of him. Its what common in some what culture in Black Culture ate most of time is FRIED by document in history in past that may be bad habit that need change themselves or educate themselves. So while I point the television show who also Black talk about the health while he decide to eat fried chicken. While I am in middle of explain about that different of culture in Black people around the world. I got beat up. I laugh and again I got beat up...

They were shock that I got beat up and laughing about it because its culture and what do he expect...

Ah... next morning, I explain to him. He aware of that and sorry about that last night he beat me up. Afterward, he decide to eat right food...

Did you go? If so--how was it? And we want pics! :)

Did you go? If so--how was it? And we want pics! :)

my plan got suddenly changed when my mom told me to drive her to Woodbury Mall which was an hour away :mad2: Looks like I'll have to try again this weekend.

Ok, exactly what is wrong with associating chickens and watermelons to blacks?

Asians have noodles and soy sauce.

Italians have pasta and tomatoes.

Americans have burgers and pies.

So, exactly what's wrong with blacks having chicken and watermelon?

Back