obama affirms free market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obama is also pushing to reduce health care costs by almost two trillion over the next ten years. That ought to have a rippling effect.

Yep, that's very true. I just wonder if it would ripple out in good or bad way.

Not just Obama but congress also.

A Democrat-controlled Congress one person short of a fillerbuster-proof majority. It was all Democrats who signed those spending bills while 3 RINOS sided with them. Technically it was two since Specter jumped boat and is now a Democrat.

Yep, that's very true. I just wonder if it would ripple out in good or bad way.

His goal is to knock out private insurance companies worth trillions and see that the establishment of a single-payer, socialized healthcare system gets installed and that health care and doctor care be under the control of the govt. He said that was his goal back in 2003.
The Democrats Backdoor to Socialized Healthcare | Verum Serum

Another thing what they don't you about the so called 2 trillion dollars in "savings" which is a saving over 10 years or a saving of $200 billion dollars a year. Ooh, yeah. Right. And leave you with no choice to choose a private doctor of your own choosing. The govt will do that for you. And then you'll have to pick a number and wait in line like the rest of the people.

How ObamaCare Will Affect Your Doctor - WSJ.com

So, what's the solution? Stop spending and halt the economy or keep spending but get ourselves in deeper debt?
Good question. There's really two options- more federal government or less federal government. I would opt for less federal government.

The economy isn't going to come to a grinding halt if the government cuts down spending. That's because the government doesn't actually create wealth- only the private sector does. The government raises revenue by forcefully taking it from the private sector. To some extent, that's necessary for defense, infrastructure, etc., but at some point, it's counterproductive. Government, by nature, is wasteful and inefficient. My solution would be to loosen its grip on the private sector. That mostly involves cutting taxes and simplifying the tax code. That frees up the private sector to do what it does best- create wealth.

Hoover's and then FDR's interventions in the economy are what made the Great Depression so great and last so long. I've heard a lot of comparisons of Obama to FDR, but if his policies are supposed to work like the New Deal, we're in for a very rough decade ahead.

Good question. There's really two options- more federal government or less federal government. I would opt for less federal government.

The economy isn't going to come to a grinding halt if the government cuts down spending. That's because the government doesn't actually create wealth- only the private sector does. The government raises revenue by forcefully taking it from the private sector. To some extent, that's necessary for defense, infrastructure, etc., but at some point, it's counterproductive. Government, by nature, is wasteful and inefficient. My solution would be to loosen its grip on the private sector. That mostly involves cutting taxes and simplifying the tax code. That frees up the private sector to do what it does best- create wealth.

Hoover's and then FDR's interventions in the economy are what made the Great Depression so great and last so long. I've heard a lot of comparisons of Obama to FDR, but if his policies are supposed to work like the New Deal, we're in for a very rough decade ahead.

Exactly. As they say, necessity is the mother of invention. Private companies do a better and more resourceful work than what the govt cannot do. Incentives are not built in and so there is no need to do the extra work and creativity to find better alternatives that can be done more efficiently.

Agreed.

CNN is certainly more "fair and balanced" than Fox.

Yup. It's my main source of news even though it appears to be right of the center. Media Matters For America seems to think so too. Its' mission is to monitor any conservative misinformation and to provide resources to rebut false claims and to take direct actions against the offending media insitutions.

Ok I just read one of the links and I am going to rectify any errors on my part. It looks like I may have to do so.

Error: I retract my statement about CNN. I was wrong.

Last edited:
Yup. It's my main source of news even though it appears to be right of the center.

To me, CNN seems Centrist. They appear to have political views that fall right down the middle when it comes to both parties.

MSNBC on the other hand, is far more liberal. Two programs which prove that are "The Rachel Maddow Show" and Keith Olberman's "Countdown." I happen to like MSNBC and am a huge fan of Rachel's show.

To me, CNN seems Centrist. They appear to have political views that fall right down the middle when it comes to both parties.

MSNBC on the other hand, is far more liberal. Two programs which prove that are "The Rachel Maddow Show" and Keith Olberman's "Countdown." I happen to like MSNBC and am a huge fan of Rachel's show.

I've just read the links I provided and I have egg on my face. so I will rectify my mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back