NRA's new video game

Not to be rude, (again, dont take this the wrong way) but you started a thread a while back about having some issues. Maybe those were caused by the games and you didn't realize it. Something to think about. :dunno:

I explained a lot of things and I feel that information that I gave to you are sufficient. See my post #108 in other thread.
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...rb-ratings-legally-binding-4.html#post2143576

It is parent responsibility to monitor the child's behavior and the game companies will not going babysitting the children. The parent has enough authority, such as deny to own the game console or make severe restriction to play video game. There is ONE most important advice - parent must monitor the child's behavior when they play violent games, especially Doom 3, Call of Duty, GTA, Rage, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead, etc. If parent finds the child's behavior as not normal so discontinue the play video game and rehabilitate to child's behavior, also must understand about video game isn't real. It is biggest part of parent's job to take care of the children.

I'm not going support the government to punish us for let child goes wild because of lazy and irresponsibility parent who supposed to do the job for child. I'm not responsible to take care of all children over the world.

US Supreme Court ruled that regulation on video game is unconstitutional and it is waste of time to pass the regulation, so the court will strike rest of them down. It will be much worse if you are trying to politicize the video game and more game companies will going involve with political system to protect their interest, even they can get voters to elect the pro-gamer representative that will going gridlock the US chambers, so will serve as zero benefit for you.

There is only one solution - you have to replace the US Constitution with authoritarian constitution that allows government to have greater authority to regulate everything. That's extremely impossible in US and the society will change over the time.

I explained a lot of things and I feel that information that I gave to you are sufficient. See my post #108 in other thread.
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...rb-ratings-legally-binding-4.html#post2143576

It is parent responsibility to monitor the child's behavior and the game companies will not going babysitting the children. The parent has enough authority, such as deny to own the game console or make severe restriction to play video game. There is ONE most important advice - parent must monitor the child's behavior when they play violent games, especially Doom 3, Call of Duty, GTA, Rage, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead, etc. If parent finds the child's behavior as not normal so discontinue the play video game and rehabilitate to child's behavior, also must understand about video game isn't real. It is biggest part of parent's job to take care of the children.

I'm not going support the government to punish us for let child goes wild because of lazy and irresponsibility parent who supposed to do the job for child. I'm not responsible to take care of all children over the world.

US Supreme Court ruled that regulation on video game is unconstitutional and it is waste of time to pass the regulation, so the court will strike rest of them down. It will be much worse if you are trying to politicize the video game and more game companies will going involve with political system to protect their interest, even they can get voters to elect the pro-gamer representative that will going gridlock the US chambers, so will serve as zero benefit for you.

There is only one solution - you have to replace the US Constitution with authoritarian constitution that allows government to have greater authority to regulate everything. That's extremely impossible in US and the society will change over the time.

I applaud your genius! :)

Adam Lanza, the perpetrator was adult and he was free to play game whatever he wants. He has mental issues and his mother didn't seeking the help him at earlier. The video game was really bad idea for him, but I want to know whoever influence him to play the video game - mother or himself. Again, he was adult and not much thing to stop him.

There is nothing for government to stop and they can't pass the unconstitutional law to tell us to not play video game because dangerous to the society. :roll:

that's why we have to step in and be somebody's parent because it's a moral thing to do... and it's a right thing to do.

well hey - me either. I don't like more government regulation but it's not their fault to tell us what to do. it's idiots' fault for letting it happen.

I would love to abolish a federal speed limit (which is currently at 55 mph) and let people drive at the speed they can handle in a safe manner but no.... people are just too stupid with no common sense to drive in a safe manner therefore the government imposed a speed limit.

I do not care if you want to smoke till your lungs fall off or if you want to get high in your own home but the industry is too corrupted to not produce tobacco with dangerous chemicals and people are too stupid to not do it in public area.

The federal speed limit was already repealed in 1995, so return to state's decision.

yes why not? the obesity rate is out of control because of lack of regulations... meaning the companies do not care about our health as long as they're making money.

millions of people are dying every year. MILLIONS!!! how can we not stand by and do nothing about it? don't you want millions of people to be smoking safer tobacco without these dangerous chemicals like formaldehyde? The founding fathers certainly weren't smoking their tobaccos with these junks.

if companies use their common sense and not let their greed clouding their judgement.... then regulations would not be necessary.

we must take action because as a society, this costs us because dead taxpayers aren't paying taxes anymore.

we already are. that's why we banned trans fat.

obesity = a heavy burden on us taxpayers therefore... we must address this issue.

Well, the government can't tell us about whichever we should eat, or force food companies to offer healthily food only on market as take all junk food off the market.

It is citizen's responsibility to take care of their body, if they screw up so the government isn't going help.

You'd have a one-way ticket to paradise! Lol I'm just kidding. I'm happy we had a healthy debate :D

And I don't need the Ten Commandments, if I want to covent thy neighbors wife, I'm sure people wouldn't object! Lmfao.

I crack myself up!

Same here, I'm from Alabama and don't follow the Ten Commandments because I'm not religious person, however I just follow the law.

The federal speed limit was already repealed in 1995, so return to state's decision.

they only repealed federal speed limit CONTROL.... meaning all states had to have up to 55mph speed limit until '95.

but there is a federal speed limit for interstates and a state is free to disregard it but by doing so, they will risk lose a federal funding for interstates.

Well, the government can't tell us about whichever we should eat, or force food companies to offer healthily food only on market as take all junk food off the market.

It is citizen's responsibility to take care of their body, if they screw up so the government isn't going help.

I didn't say a government should tell us what to eat and what not to eat. I'm saying a government should tell food companies what NOT to use as part of ingredients.

I do not care if a company is producing sodas but I do care what they put in sodas. If we do not have any federal regulation, then they're free to use any harmful ingredient simply because they can and nobody's telling them what to do. and you won't even know....

that's why we have federal regulations requiring them to disclose the ingredients. and telling them which ingredient/chemical they can't use.

HFCS should be banned along with trans fat.

Same here, I'm from Alabama and don't follow the Ten Commandments because I'm not religious person, however I just follow the law.

I don't need laws or commandments to know what's right and wrong. The bible should be one page - "try not to be a cunt"

Lol

they only repealed federal speed limit CONTROL.... meaning all states had to have up to 55mph speed limit until '95.

but there is a federal speed limit for interstates and a state is free to disregard it but by doing so, they will risk lose a federal funding for interstates.

Incorrect, federal government didn't set 55 until 1995 because they increased to 65 in late 80's until 1995.

What is federal speed limit on interstate? In here, speed limit for interstate is 70 MPH and some states like Texas has higher than 70 MPH.

I didn't say a government should tell us what to eat and what not to eat. I'm saying a government should tell food companies what NOT to use as part of ingredients.

I do not care if a company is producing sodas but I do care what they put in sodas. If we do not have any federal regulation, then they're free to use any harmful ingredient simply because they can and nobody's telling them what to do. and you won't even know....

that's why we have federal regulations requiring them to disclose the ingredients. and telling them which ingredient/chemical they can't use.

HFCS should be banned along with trans fat.

Sure, it may not stop citizens from bad habit with food. :(

HFCS is less harmful than artificial sugar, also you need present the expensive study case about HFCS and turn it to FDA for review. If FDA determines that HFCS is bad so they will ban it.

HFCS is cheaper because of government's subsidies on corn and more profits for soda companies.

Incorrect, federal government didn't set 55 until 1995 because they increased to 65 in late 80's until 1995.

What is federal speed limit on interstate? In here, speed limit for interstate is 70 MPH and some states like Texas has higher than 70 MPH.

District expected to announce speed limit increases - WTOP.com
WASHINGTON - The District of Columbia Department of Transportation will announce a change in speed limits on several major roads.

Sources tell WTOP the District is preparing to increase the speed limit on at least two roads and possibly more over time. The announcement could come as soon as Friday.

Mayor Vincent Gray had said he would look at raising speed limits when he announced recent changes to speeding fines.

Several major roads including the Southeast Southwest Freeway and Interstate 395 currently have posted speed limits of 40 mph and both have speed cameras that generate thousands of tickets.

Residents and several council members had complained the speed limits were too low. Council Chairman Phil Mendelson called the camera on the southeast portion of the freeway "a very bad speed trap."

The D.C. Council is considering legislation that would require DDOT to review speed limits across the city. Because some of the major roads receive federal funding, the city may need federal approval before changing those speed limits.

Sure, it may not stop citizens from bad habit with food. :(
you are not understanding me.

I'm not concerned about people with bad eating habit. The government has no business in it.

I'm concerned about companies PRODUCING food with harmful chemical/ingredients.

HFCS is less harmful than artificial sugar, also you need present the expensive study case about HFCS and turn it to FDA for review. If FDA determines that HFCS is bad so they will ban it.

HFCS is cheaper because of government's subsidies on corn and more profits for soda companies.
HFCS has already been proven to be a contributing factor for obesity. The government should encourage companies to switch to sugar cane.

you are not understanding me.

I'm not concerned about people with bad eating habit. The government has no business in it.

I'm concerned about companies PRODUCING food with harmful chemical/ingredients.

HFCS has already been proven to be a contributing factor for obesity. The government should encourage companies to switch to sugar cane.

First, I understand about what are you saying, but I make otherwise statement - it will still not stop citizens from eat fatty, junk food because like you said - the government has no business.

The food and beverage companies will not abandon the HFCS until the federal lift the protectionism law (trade restriction) that protect the US sugar companies. Whenever federal attempt to lift the policy, the US sugar companies send lobbyists to the congress, so you need to beat the US sugar companies. Also, we may need end the government subsidies on corn, so could make HFCS costs more.

Back