Not Again!

Oh, I tried to taste fruitcake. I was like Ewww!, I would never eat that fruitcake again. And cherry covered with chocolate, it was okay. I'd rather eat cupcake with chocolate, strawberries or blueberries. ;)

cupcake_1.jpg

speaking of cupcakes, my favorites are strawberry, coconut, lemon, chocolate and chocolate fudge.

The cold meat that is always sliced and served with cheese. Here it is called "summer sausage" which makes no sense at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I can not stand the smell or texture.
I guess you can give 'em to me... I love summer sausage. :D

I'm so happy I didn't get any chocolate cover cherries or fruit cake this year :D

me neither...haven't seen fruit cake or chocolate covered cherries this year...I'd rather take summer sausage anyday over those. ;)

Several years ago, I had to bite one small fruit cake. It taste yuck. I don't like it. Chocolate cover cherries are so good to taste. yummy!

The cold meat that is always sliced and served with cheese. Here it is called "summer sausage" which makes no sense at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I can not stand the smell or texture.

i happen to love summer sausage.

what i can't stand though is fruitcake and chocolate covered cherries.

pumpkin pie is okay as long as i have a small portion of it and it is covered with whipped topping or ice cream. otherwise it is way too sweet for my liking.

We got a box full of different kinds of chocolates...maybe chocolate covered cherries are in it..will go check!

Nah..they are chocolate covered nuts...never had them.

My aunt always sends this kind of cheese from Seattle that I am crazy about. Guess she didnt send it this year. :( Probably a good thing anyway since it is VERY fattening anyway.

Fruit cake!? YUCK! :barf:

Cherries covered chocolate, GIMME! I love those stuff but had to limit 1-2 pieces. yes they are sweet but I love it. MMM!

I make homemade chocolate covered cherries every Christmas. My father loved them, and I used to make a batch for him every year. Now I have friends that start asking me for them around Thanksgiving! I soak the cherries in rum before I cover them in fondant and chocolate.

I make homemade chocolate covered cherries every Christmas. My father loved them, and I used to make a batch for him every year. Now I have friends that start asking me for them around Thanksgiving! I soak the cherries in rum before I cover them in fondant and chocolate.

I never had homemade the only ones I had were in a box from the store.

Where does one get fondant, Jillio and are some fondants different than others; as in more malleable, stiff and hard, etc, etc?

i am not a huge of fruit cakes myself. however my mom did make homemade fruit cake and they tasted NOT bad! My mom put real good brandy in it that made me a very lightly tipsy. She didnt make them this year that we siblings asked mom not to make for this year. =) we rather her to use $$ on something else so useful. being retiree people aren't cheap. you know.

bought cake taste so AWFUL!!!!!

Back