No proxy vp number

What is Sorenson gonna do with the DeafVP.com site? Delete the whole directory and make people to register again, etc?

AT&T and Go America (i711/IP-Relay) are going to allow people to register for the assigned numbers sometime in July. I wonder, since Sorenson has not announced when they would follow AT&T and Go America, how would this work on Sorenson VPs?

Authentic, no - that's not dbarovian on the video. That's the dude who owns deafvideo.tv - dbarovian just found this off youtube and thought that you guys would know what's going on. ;)

What is Sorenson gonna do with the DeafVP.com site? Delete the whole directory and make people to register again, etc?

AT&T and Go America (i711/IP-Relay) are going to allow people to register for the assigned numbers sometime in July. I wonder, since Sorenson has not announced when they would follow AT&T and Go America, how would this work on Sorenson VPs?

Yes, Right. MVP and new VideoSign 3.0 will be coming soon. Hovrs will give new real phone number when you will register. I think that you already have real number to give it into Sorenson vp.

No, DeafVP.com is not a "proxy directory" Proxy directory is a server that handle vp numbers when you call other vp callers.

DeafVP.com will stay intact and when we see changes from SorensonVRS then we all will update our information on DeafVP.com anyway...

so again proxy directory does not equal DeafvP directory.

IP-Relay already provide real number with local area code I have had it for several years. IP-Relay.com although when hearing callers call the number, IP-Relay contact you via IM on any device, desktop computer, SK, BB or whatever that use AIM

So will this affect ppl who do computer webcam to vp then? Thanks for the info.

Thats what I thought too.. I wonder if it will affect to the people with webcam and computers?

So will this affect ppl who do computer webcam to vp then? Thanks for the info.

Yes, new Hovrs VideoSign 3.0 includes purple number (10-digit real telephone number) to call Sorenson VP, OJO, MVP, VPAD, etc.
FCC is requiring all VRS and IP users to register to get the TN. FCC is also asking for comments on verificaiton procedure - and hinted that best to leave it up to the VRS and IP providers to determine that, but did say VRS and IP providers need to be very sure that the TN given to the VRS or IP users are the legit users, not not a scammer. This one is gonna be interesting and a real challenge for VRS and IP providers. A couple VRS providers have told me that it is “impossible” to have a foolproof verification procedure. Being eternally optimist, I think it is possible to get at least 95% and that would greatly minimize scammed relay calls. We’ll see how all this plays out.

Rock2Hal, I know that you still have problem with VideoSign 2.5. Hovrs support said that some customers had problem with it in Windows Vista operation. They said that new VideoSign 3.0 will work with Window Vista. I hope so.

Last edited:
QUOTE=Rock2HAL;1020714]Me too. TY for the info.[/QUOTE]

:welcome:

IP-Relay already provide real number with local area code I have had it for several years. IP-Relay.com although when hearing callers call the number, IP-Relay contact you via IM on any device, desktop computer, SK, BB or whatever that use AIM

That's true, it has been downgraded to just AIM after they have merged with GoAmerica. They used to be able to call you on a video phone, but now they can only contact you by AIM. That kind of sucks.

Back