no cussing club, would you still cussing or not?

oh no not true.... cussing is a new modern language to strongly express our emotions/thoughts/etc. :whistle: WHAT THE F*** YOU LOOKING AT?

Ah, I forgot. The exception is made for those who were within the military. Anytime anyone says, "Who the fuck are looking at?" is, to me, upset that I'm looking . . . and isn't saying it with laughter.

i saw on TV news, i think a few month ago.
i remembered something about this.

would you use cussing words? or not?. some people still using bad words in public.

i thought it was good idea not to use cussing in the environmental for the kids or teenagers or adults. even for Ddeaf/Hhoh.

until i saw the hulk here on nocussing (tall wrestler guy with blonde hair, i bet you know who), i remembered him say cussed and bleep on shows before. i was puzzled.

what do you think about this?.

here's the link: http://nocussing.com/

It is not the words, it is the intent behind them. You can be just as 'nasty' without using 'cuss words'. Words themselves have no power until meaning is placed on them.

I feel that 'cuss words' have their place in society, but should not be abused due to so many people having their own connotations of them. Children should not use them until they learn the 'fine points' of this, and it should not be said around them, as it could lead to 'bad habits' which get them in trouble.

I personally try not to swear excessively or around people who do not appreciate it, but the stigma of people swearing always being 'dirty' or 'uneducated' is entirely untrue, and unfounded. Any link there is coincidental, perhaps being based on education, but in the sense that the person has not learned how to use the words appropriately. The words themselves are not indicative.

It is not the words, it is the intent behind them. You can be just as 'nasty' without using 'cuss words'. Words themselves have no power until meaning is placed on them.

I feel that 'cuss words' have their place in society, but should not be abused due to so many people having their own connotations of them. Children should not use them until they learn the 'fine points' of this, and it should not be said around them, as it could lead to 'bad habits' which get them in trouble.

I personally try not to swear excessively or around people who do not appreciate it, but the stigma of people swearing always being 'dirty' or 'uneducated' is entirely untrue, and unfounded. Any link there is coincidental, perhaps being based on education, but in the sense that the person has not learned how to use the words appropriately. The words themselves are not indicative.

Ah! The Theory of Symbolic Interactionism. Very good!

Ah! The Theory of Symbolic Interactionism. Very good!

I wasn't aware that it had a name... Haha.

Anyway...
Furthermore, some people continue to use such words as a result of exclusive and hard training which is difficult to adapt from when out of that setting.

For example, police and military use 'psy-ops', psychological manipulation. Many military personnel need to be 'hardened' and 'squared away', prepared for nearly any situation, especially if they are going to see combat. I think they may have cut back on this in 'official training', but it is still used between peers. Police may use it as a way to evoke reactions from you, so that it is more difficult to hide your true intent. If they go easy on you, it is easier to lie, or even resist them unexpectedly, and they have to work harder to figure you out. Of course it can be abused in both scenarios, but it also does have its place there.

I believe in the freedom of speech,I will cuss if I feel like it,but most of the time I don't.

Thats my situation also. I'm no angel (who is anyway?) but if I'm forced to nail my point using sailor's french. I would.

I find cursing and trash talking very therapeutic

So do I! :twisted:

But, I don't swear around the kids. I also make sure that when I'm online, the children don't see anything they shouldn't.

I also don't swear alot around my parents. But, when I'm with friends, my language can be pretty bad! :giggle:

So do I! :twisted:

But, I don't swear around the kids. I also make sure that when I'm online, the children don't see anything they shouldn't.

I also don't swear alot around my parents. But, when I'm with friends, my language can be pretty bad! :giggle:

I know. <wink>

I don't cuss in the house or to the public... All what I do with my movement is *shake my head* or :roll: in quiet way and walk off...

I never, ever cuss. *finger crossed behind back*

Well, sometimes I do.

Ok, ok. I do a lot.

Hell, I do it all the damn time!

Yep, you hit it on the nail, on the head... One particular person, I can't stand her constant cussing, is my ex's niece... and she is 17 of age... Should have had her mouth washed out with soap, and water...

Soap and water, is the "Old School" way, back then when we used to get a taste of soap. after cussing!

My My! Even today, even young kids are already cussing as early as 8-9 years old... Now ain't that a shame? cuz it goes back to the adults, that brought it up in the first place, and then kids get wind of it... then it is unrepairable.... or irreversible...

People who salt their language with curse words forget that the words are expletives--words which convey an absurd meaning or no meaning at all. Cursing really only shows a lack of vocabulary to express what we want to . . . so we rant in words with no meaning.

People who salt their language with curse words forget that the words are expletives--words which convey an absurd meaning or no meaning at all. Cursing really only shows a lack of vocabulary to express what we want to . . . so we rant in words with no meaning.

Very good! Just the finest point, of all the conversation on cussing, so far! :)

Hey, no cuss or yes cuss, whatever we do.

We DID cuss period, no questions. Know why? at first thought, "bleep" in your mind instead of tell the cuss word. you CUSSED it, period.

end of discussion.

Back