New

julysrain

Reaction score
Hi I'm new I'm Haylee (or JulysRain). I'm hoh and progressively so w/in 9-10 years will be profoundly deaf. I've got basic ASL skills and am learning it via online courses and books. The only class offered around here is one I tested out of (basic stuff). I'm waiting on more testing to get fitted for a hearing aid so for now am relying on speechreading till later this summer (gotta have more audiograms done first, cuz of changing loss).

:)

:wave: :welcome: Hello julysrain and welcome to Alldeaf. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
I hope you will be able to find the right ASL class for you. In the meantime, keep practicing with books and dvd's.
Look forward to your postings!!! Have a good one!!! ;)

Hi julysrain, good to have you on the Forums with us. Enjoy the summer and keep up the good work on the ASL skills. Wish you all the best. Look forward to your postings.

Hello there

Welcome to ALLDeaf and enjoy your stay here ;)

Welcome to AD, Julysrain! Hope you enjoy it as much we do! :D

Hey Haylee!!! Gosh, isn't it great that we have more and more hoh and late deafend folks learning and becoming fluent in ASL? Maybe Deaf culture will actually EXPAND!!!!

Hello &
14.gif

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf julysrain! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!! ;) How long have you been learning ASL?

Roadrunner said:
Hello and welcome to Alldeaf julysrain! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!! ;) How long have you been learning ASL?

Hey everyone thank you for the welcome! I am so slow in answering anyone LOL

I've been learning ASL off and on for about seven months and now I'm learning it as quickly as I can! I also found a class nearby ~ even if I already know what they teach I can use the practice and it would be so nice to meet other people!! I know the woman running it is active in the Deaf community around me so I am hoping to meet other people thru the class.

Last edited:
Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us. :thumb:

Back