Need your well wishes and healing thoughts

steph9700

Reaction score
My husband had to bring me to Princeton Hospital here in Birmingham Wednesday afternoon. I have had to stay since then and will be here at least through Monday. My family Dr. found gallstones and referred me to a surgeon named Dr. Dewitt. He told me if things got worse before he could schedule my surgery next week for me to come into the emergency room and he would check and see what needed to be done. I got here in extreme pain and they went ahead and admitted me. I'm upstairs now in room 6131 and the phone number to the room is 205-783-7631 I probably won't answer it though, my husband will if he's in the room... like a good bit of us here I can't hear too good on the stupid thing so I'm using my cell phone mainly with the text messaging. They can't get my blood pressure regulated, it is staying really low so they can't give me much pain meds to help me. I'm on liquids only until Monday but for the last two weeks I've been on soft stuff like cream of chicken and tomato soups, oatmeal, things like that for the last 2 weeks so they could get all the tests done they wanted to do before giving me a surgery date. He came in this morning and said he wanted to do some more blood work and that he wanted to do a sonogram of my heart. He said he was going to do the internal scope down my throat as well as the regular thing on the outside. He's keeping me through Monday then he is going to decide if I need to stay longer or not depending on how I do in surgery that morning. I will let you guys know if anything changes or happens as much as I can. The network wireless here at the hospital won't let me on Facebook or Myspace to update on it but it will let me come here and do that Twitter thingy update so I'm going to try to update it a little bit as I can as well. I think the twitter is set to update both Myspace and Facebook for me but if not you can follow me and get the "tweets" on it, (if you have it as well) my screen name is steph9700 on it just like it is on here and pretty much everything. If you want to find me by email address on something or want to send me an email its steph9700@att.net

Well wishes to you steph. Gall bladder surgery is relatively easy to recover from. You will certainly feel much better afterwards.

I'm very sorry that you're not feeling well, especially during this time of year. I hope you can get the gallstone problem resolved soon. I will pray for your speedy and complete healing. :hug:

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :hug:

Wishing you a good recovery and you'll be out soon :)

Steph, I will be praying for you and get well soon. Do get all the rest you need.

Wishing you very warm wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope all goes well with getting your blood pressure regulated and the gallstone taken care of. My dad had gall stone surgery and did very well. Blood pressure issues are a really scary thing to have to deal with.

Take Care and you are on my prayer list both at home and at church.

My blood pressure has been really low but I'm thinking it's been because of me having to lay still in bed instead of moving around. I found out about 30 minutes ago that I could have gone home Wednesday evening and been able to have soft foods like (chicken & dressing with cranberry sauce) if the tech guy that was supposed to my heart test wouldn't have left 2 hours early. He knew he had a few more patients but decided to clock out and leave anyway, then he decided since it was a holiday for everyone else he would take an EXTRA DAY off meaning he had off yesterday after leaving 2hrs early the day before then didn't show today because he felt like it. Because of him I have had to lay in this room since Wednesday night and eat Popsicles and drink broth all the way through the weekend to Monday. The surgeon, Dr. Dewitt said he would have let me go home and be on a soft diet until Sunday night if the guy would have done it when he was supposed to. Since I used to be a nurse and showed I could work my own I.V. he said he could have let me do my own antibiotics. I would have had 4 more days of real food and 5 more nights in my bed getting real rest if it wasn't for his lazy actions. When he gets here in the morning, (if he decides to show) I think I'm going to wind up getting kicked out of the hospital or get him fired or both, I am super pissed off right now:rl: Thank you guys for wishing me well, it does help. I think getting mad has helped my bloodpressure too, she just came in and checked it and it was 110/75 which is great, I guess things happen for a reason but it still doesn't make me less mad at that dude!

My husband just recently has his gallbladder removed because of inflammation and gallstones. He felt alot better now. gallbladder Surgeries today should be pretty simple unless you have a different type of surgery (there are two different surgeries, if yours require an open surgery, you more like have to stay at the hospital and have longer time to recover).

Hope you recover quickly.

Sorry that you're stuck in the hospital. Dreadful place to be! I hope that you recover quickly and that you can go home soon.

Never hurts to have people thinking good thoughts for you, so here is lots of them from me.

I am very sorry that you are so sick. I will pray that you recover completely and quickly.

ohhh, am sorry to read about your illness! Please know that we are thinking of you here. I know it is very hard to be in the hospital and perhaps especially so if one is themselves medical professional. Hope you get better soon:hug:!

I hope you get well and have a speedy recovery. :ugh: Gallstones are a nuisance and need to take it or them out otherwise if left longer, it could be death. I don't want that to happen to you. Being in the hospital can be a pain or sometimes it can be a breeze while you are recovering. I do hope you can come home and recover for a while and then have to go back for surgery. I agree with you so that you don't to wait before surgery. I am on your side. :cool2:

Hoping you'll get well soon. Also have your blood pressure elevated to normal level. My blood pressure is normally low, so you'll be okay.

If you have to underrgo the surgery then I pray it'll be a success.

Hang in there and keep cool.

I got home at about 6pm (central time) this evening, (Dec. 1st) and feel crumby but a lot better kind of crumby. they took me downstairs for surgery prep at 11am yesterday morning then got me on the table at 1pm. I was back in my room by 4pm. When he came in to talk to Tony about how I did in the surgery Tony recorded it for me and played it back when we got home. of course he did evening rounds about 7pm last night and came around this morning about 9 for a final check and release me. He said my gallbladder was huge and that they took out 21ounces,(that's almost 3 cups:shock:), of stones that varied from dime to nickel sized. He said it looked to him that I should have had my gallbladder removed like 6 years ago possibly. I still feel really rough but I feel better too if that makes any sense? I am still having the gas issues from them pumping my belly full so he could look around and get it done right. He wanted to make sure nothing else looked like there was anything wrong with it. Thank goodness all he found was the huge gallbladder! Thank you guys for all the warm and well wishes, they helped so much!

Back