Need ur opinion abt my girl name

Aha have a idea, what about having 2 first name? Kyra-Melika Amanda C? And nickname her "KM"

If you don't use Melika as much anymore then friends will get used to the baby name being Melika. The name has special meaning to you and your husband. That is much better than a common name. Common name is aweful, mine is Jennifer, in middle school I have a class with 8 EIGHT Jennifer's. AWEFUL! So I think Melika is special and unique. But do what makes you feel happy because a name is life long. God Bless your new baby and Congrats!

That name does sound nice, but I can see why it would be confusing since the name is spelled almost the same.

What other names have you thought of?

no I don't have other names..Only Melika that I like..for girl names. And Samantha but I don't want Samantha. My best friend's daughter name is Samantha.

Naomi ?
Teoka ?
Talitha ?
Bethany ?
Shirley ?
Kalysa ? (Or Kallysa ?)
Orana ? (Or Oranna ?)
Nevaeh ?
Makayla ?
Layla ?
Jayla ?
Aliyah ?
Amaya ?
Alondra ?
Kimora ?
Shayla ?
Annika ?
Jamya ?
Tamara ?

I can't think of more names. What do you think of any name you like? :)

PS - I'll check your PM a bit later. Right now, I need to go and sleep.

So, goodnite. :)

I am sorry for waste ur time to list the names but sad..no I don't really want any of those names for my daughter. Thanks for trying to help.

I am sorry if I being picky, everyone.

Aha have a idea, what about having 2 first name? Kyra-Melika Amanda C? And nickname her "KM"

no I don't want Kyra at all. I think it's dumb reason..I am not sure if he wanted that cuz of tv show but I asked him where he get that name Kyra? He said tv show, there is his favorite actress, she's really HOT!!!!!!...I felt uncomfortable to name my daughter Kyra cuz of hot woman. So no thanks.

If you don't use Melika as much anymore then friends will get used to the baby name being Melika. The name has special meaning to you and your husband. That is much better than a common name. Common name is aweful, mine is Jennifer, in middle school I have a class with 8 EIGHT Jennifer's. AWEFUL! So I think Melika is special and unique. But do what makes you feel happy because a name is life long. God Bless your new baby and Congrats!

Oh thanks for the comment and ur opinion. I like that. Yea I don't like common names either. I think I will go with Melika.

Well pick the names and hold them till your daughter's born...then you both can decide from there how the name will fit her. Some people isn't too sure till baby's born.

Yeah that's what I am planning to. I have a paper for baby creditable, but I left it blank till baby's born. :)

Why dont you ask your son what name he would like to call his sister?

no I don't have other names..Only Melika that I like..for girl names. And Samantha but I don't want Samantha. My best friend's daughter name is Samantha.
Ah, okay.

Try thinking of other alternatives.

I do have a few friends whose names were spelled too unusual and they wished their parents didn't do that.

In fact, I was at the mall with one of them a few weeks ago. She was disappointed because no one sold novelty items with her name on them. If she wanted her own name, she had to pay more to have it custom made or engraved. :(

An idea: You could look up baby names in your or your bf's ancestry language. For example, my ancestry is Flemish so unusual female names would be:
Cecile,
Elodine,
Emmerence,
Gabriella,
Idaline,
Irma,
Ivonia,
Leontine or Leonie,
Lianne,
Margareta,
Malvina,
Zoe,
Zulma
Of course, my grandmother name is Angel!

Another idea: You could combine your and your bf's name to make an unique name. For example, I knew someone named Ricann because her parents names are Rick and Ann.

Good luck in coming up with a name that you and your bf would like and Congrats on on having a baby!

It would be an easy name otherwise someday she has to tell a clerk or salesperson to spell her name correctly again and again. How about Jennifer, Julie, Amanda, Elise, Dana, Denise, Dora, Abby, Ellen, Emma, Erica, Eva, Kathy, Mabel, Olivia, Wendy, etc...?

My family's first names in first letter with J except my father with R.

I am sorry for waste ur time to list the names but sad..no I don't really want any of those names for my daughter. Thanks for trying to help.

I am sorry if I being picky, everyone.

How it would waste my time?? No, I was glad to help! :) if you turn all names down, no problem.

I can offer more names ;)

Okay, how about this...?

Talitha
Abigail
Jelena
Alexis
Alessandra
Makayla
Mikayla
Camila
Jayla
Amaya
Cassandra
Kimora
Camilla
Kathleen
Katherine
Athena
Danika

Okay, I now can't think of more names. So, if you turn down all of those names, don't worry. I can do my best to think of more female names to make an offer. :)

Ah, okay.

Try thinking of other alternatives.

I do have a few friends whose names were spelled too unusual and they wished their parents didn't do that.

In fact, I was at the mall with one of them a few weeks ago. She was disappointed because no one sold novelty items with her name on them. If she wanted her own name, she had to pay more to have it custom made or engraved. :(

Yeah, same with Damien, i never seen any items have his name on it. So it should be fair to daughter. Because my name have on all items..but my sister's name Cayla don't have it. Only Kayla. She got jealous of me that I always got items with my name on it. She kept complaning to my mom about not fair abt names. So Damien and Melika both are fair.

It would be an easy name otherwise someday she has to tell a clerk or salesperson to spell her name correctly again and again. How about Jennifer, Julie, Amanda, Elise, Dana, Denise, Dora, Abby, Ellen, Emma, Erica, Eva, Kathy, Mabel, Olivia, Wendy, etc...?

My family's first names in first letter with J except my father with R.

I don't want common names. :) Wow, sometimes I like to have all same first letter names in family but couldn't do that, toolate.

How it would waste my time?? No, I was glad to help! :) if you turn all names down, no problem.

I can offer more names ;)

Okay, how about this...?

Talitha
Abigail
Jelena
Alexis
Alessandra
Makayla
Mikayla
Camila
Jayla
Amaya
Cassandra
Kimora
Camilla
Kathleen
Katherine
Athena
Danika

Okay, I now can't think of more names. So, if you turn down all of those names, don't worry. I can do my best to think of more female names to make an offer. :)

I do like Danika. I did asked Ray about that before, he said no. He want Melika. so. I guess it's just Melika.

Back