need a sign definition

artist616

Reaction score
the sign I see is similar to the sign for "sign." Only with palms facing each other and hands in an "i" Can anyone help me?

artist616 said:
the sign I see is similar to the sign for "sign." Only with palms facing each other and hands in an "i" Can anyone help me?
What is the movement of the hands? Alternating, back and forth? That could be "interview". Or are the hands actually moving in circles like "signing"? What was the context of the sign? That is, what is the rest of the sentence, or what topic was being discussed?

If you want to look up signs, another good site is www.aslpro.com .

Cheri said:
Here's the ASL Website to search for the sign that you are searching for. Click here

That's a great site but it doesn't allow you to search through signs for their English definitions, only the other way around.

I recommend "The American Sign Language Handshape Dictionary" for all ASL learners. It's a great "reverse dictionary" that is arranged by handshape and will let you find out the answers to questions like this (not that I'm saying don't ask here!), as well as learn the differences between all those groups of signs that are easy to confuse, like SUMMER, UGLY, and DRY.

Interpretrator said:
That's a great site but it doesn't allow you to search through signs for their English definitions, only the other way around.

I recommend "The American Sign Language Handshape Dictionary" for all ASL learners. It's a great "reverse dictionary" that is arranged by handshape and will let you find out the answers to questions like this (not that I'm saying don't ask here!), as well as learn the differences between all those groups of signs that are easy to confuse, like SUMMER, UGLY, and DRY.

Yep that's true, Some of the signs in that web site isn't the exact same as mine, just half/half pretty much. ;)

I also recommend "The Joy of Signs" That was my first sign language book that I learned from a very long time ago. I think I still have it or does my twin has it. :dunno:

Interpretrator said:

I second that. I have that book, too. Very "handy". ;)

Back