My thoughts on Deaf Education

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Chinese kids can do it. because of some of kind of motivation. WE NEED TO BE JUST LIKE THEM!

I'll try it out on my highly motivated little Chinese whiz kid in the morning, but I have a sneaking suspicion the Cauchy-Schwarz Inequality et al is a bit beyond her. Never know though... we're heading over to MIT this weekend where Li's going to be a guinea pig and try out a new ASL-based math & science interface designed for signing deaf kids.

Make sure to pass on that attitude to your children :) We all need a lil' dose of Asian parenting here and there :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Of course! :D My bf think i am bit strict but ohhh well :giggle: i just dont want my kids in future have same childhood that i had. So yep. i am gonna passed it down to my children in the future.

I'll try it out on my highly motivated little Chinese whiz kid in the morning, but I have a sneaking suspicion the Cauchy-Schwarz Inequality et al is a bit beyond her. Never know though... we're heading over to MIT this weekend where Li's going to be a guinea pig and try out a new ASL-based math & science interface designed for signing deaf kids.

Great. i hope you would learn something :D

CSI (cauxhy schwarz inequality really isn't too bad,) :) Just learn it with her, and go over basic inequalities like arithmetic geometric means first, xD I'd gladly tutor her when I go over to MIT research program, PRIMES (assuming I get in, :( )

CSI (cauxhy schwarz inequality really isn't too bad,) :) Just learn it with her, and go over basic inequalities like arithmetic geometric means first, xD I'd gladly tutor her when I go over to MIT research program, PRIMES (assuming I get in, :( )

With any luck someone from here will think to send your posts along there so they can judge your character. :wave:

well i hope you will get in but if not, obviously fate have something else stored for you! :D

W00T!!! That means I will be seeing you and LiLi soon!! Don't worry, I can tutor your kiddo in math and science, starting with basics and then up to the Cauchy-Schwarz Inequality et al :) I would also want to check out the 3D dictionary :)

I'm always up for stronger emphasis on better math and science education, especially for the deaf students. I think deaf people could do very well in technical and STEM areas as I've never experienced discrimination or job-seeking problems related to my fields. It's all about what's in your brain and not what you can hear or not. :)

With any luck someone from here will think to send your posts along there so they can judge your character. :wave:

No doubt. I'm sure that the message will be received if he makes it to the interview process. :roll:

If you had done your research you would know that there are deaf students in many colleges across this country.

There is a lot you don't know, and telling you doesn't seem to solve that problem.:cool2::cool2:

I don't think you are a stupid kid. I know you are an annoying teen ager with a way too high opinion of himself and a way too judgemental opinion of others. You are setting yourself up for a very lonely and difficult life, indeed.

BTW: you spelled my screen name incorrectly.

I'm feeding a troll at this point, jilly

I asked you again and again, but you refuse to give me any data other than "there are many, and I my son goes to college". I can count the numbers in the top ivies very easily, it's not a lot, and that's fact, not subjective like most of this debate is.

I feel like einstein when i compare myself to you, but no I am not a genius. I'm a slightly above average kid, who doesn't make up facts. No there are not many deaf students in high caliber schools. If you wanted to change it to "just colleges" i couldn't care less, because a good 25% of these colleges are automatic acceptance. My ex bf goes to one of those colleges, so don't say I am disconnected from reality.

Woooooowwwww...

I love math and all, but.... I've never seen anyone use it as a weapon to show who is "smarter" in a debate about deaf education.....

Off the top of my head, all the top colleges I can think of have deaf, and many bilingual deaf at that. I don't even know of a single large/top college that doesn't. What a weird twist of this thread ...

I asked you again and again, but you refuse to give me any data other than "there are many, and I my son goes to college". I can count the numbers in the top ivies very easily, it's not a lot, and that's fact, not subjective like most of this debate is.

I feel like einstein when i compare myself to you, but no I am not a genius. I'm a slightly above average kid, who doesn't make up facts. No there are not many deaf students in high caliber schools. If you wanted to change it to "just colleges" i couldn't care less, because a good 25% of these colleges are automatic acceptance. My ex bf goes to one of those colleges, so don't say I am disconnected from reality.

And I am engaged in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. :cool2:

Honey, you aren't even in the remotest area of reality. But that's okay. It is your age and your developmental stage. We expect such from adolescents.

You need to make a scrapbook of all this and review it when you are middle aged. :(

No doubt. I'm sure that the message will be received if he makes it to the interview process. :roll:

Welllllllll, you never know. My cousin went to MIT and he is kind of an asshole. MIT made him even more of an asshole. :)

You need to make a scrapbook of all this and review it when you are middle aged. :(

Talk about an embarrassment. Maybe we should send it to his mommy so she can show it off like baby pics.:lol:

Welllllllll, you never know. My cousin went to MIT and he is kind of an asshole. MIT made him even more of an asshole. :)

Now that is a really scary thought in this instance!:lol:

Hey, did you know that there are only 2 colleges you could have possibly attended? And never, ever would it have been a high calibre school?

Woooooowwwww...

I love math and all, but.... I've never seen anyone use it as a weapon to show who is "smarter" in a debate about deaf education.....

i dont want to debate about who smarter about deaf education. I am just showing concern for deaf education for all deaf.

Talk about an embarrassment. Maybe we should send it to his mommy so she can show it off like baby pics.:lol:

But you have to wonder, where did the attitude come from in the first place.

I am actually staggered . Really my parents were not perfect, but I thank them for imbuing me with compassion, and empathy in spite of my several handicaps.

Woooooowwwww...

Only someone not experienced in the art of debate.:giggle: And with a humongous need to feel superior in the process.

But you have to wonder, where did the attitude come from in the first place.

I am actually staggered . Really my parents were not perfect, but I thank them for imbuing me with compassion, and empathy in spite of my several handicaps.

You have a good point. Maybe it was his parents who convinced him he was so special.:cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back