My Step Son is Deaf

Here in Texas it is a 2nd drgree felony, also more years can be tacked on because Cody is handicapped, so he may be facing 20 years and a $10,000 fine
Cody is also going back to the Doctor today, the area where he was hit has been running a fever, so the Doctor wants to see him today

:eek2: Yikes!! Twenty years?! At least this will give the young man some serious time to think about his actions. I have no problem with the fine, providing Cody gets part of it. If not, then Family Dollar pays all medical and psychological for him indefinately. No excuses. No appeals.

I'll get Cody back on my prayer list. Please let him know that everyone at AD is pulling for him. In addition, please, Barry, keep us informed on how he's doing and the progress on the case.

Cody Goodnight

I'm very sorry to hear about Cody's condition.

What's going on with this guy who have done the assaulted? Is he still remaining in jail as for right now?

Have Family Dollar Store been losing business as of what happened with your step-son? I would be frighten to even shop there after knowing what one of their employee did.

No he is out on bail, Grand Jury hearing November 1

WOW that is very sad and AWFUL ! that UPSETS me !!! u guys need to sue the store ! and the assaulter ! and make sure he gets to serve HARD TIME in prison ! thats an assult with weapon that assaulter has NO SENSE !! and NO RIGHTS to do that !!!!!! that makes me very FURIOUS !!!! cuz if that had happened to me then the store and the assaulter will be sorry !!! time for a BIG LAWSUIT !!!! Hope everything goes well and hope that Cody gets Recovered and gets better no major damages or brain damages at all ... sorry about what happened that is NOT RIGHT ! anyways please keep us updated thanks .

Cody?

I am curious....What happened at the court last week (November 1st). I hope the male cashier got sentenced to prison!!!!

Please share information with us.

Thanks!

I am curious....What happened at the court last week (November 1st). I hope the male cashier got sentenced to prison!!!!

Please share information with us.

Thanks!

:welcome: to alldeaf.com, cookiebug! Enjoy the forums and feel free to post away!!! :cool:

Cody Goodnight

It has been awhile since I have posted anything here, but nothing has been happening with Cody, his attorney ask us not to discuss the case with anyone, so I can not post about that, Cody is starting to think it is all BS, as nothing is happening on his case, and the people from the deaf community that called and promised him things never called or showed up when they said, one gentleman called and said he would be here right after the 1st of the year with a videophone that never happened, another called and said he was getting Cody a free cell phone so he could text, that never happened, he is about to say the hell with it.

Have you called them back about VP and free cell phone? Or just buy him a sidekick or blackberry so he can stay in touch? Deafpagers.com - #1 for wireless needs just a thought, ok.. :)

I hope everything will be solved and get respect that Cody deserved. I hope he is doing good. :)

First and foremost, I hope Cody is okay. I understand his disappointment in people not keeping promises.

Secondly, I hope the criminal case is proceeding against the self-centered, totally arrogant man who felt justified in lashing out at being "dissed," and that he gets the "dissing" he richly deserves with a vengence. This kind of behavior, particularly against us deafies, needs to be exposed.

I also hope Cody is pressing a civil suit against the store. They really fell down on their training and supervision.

What happened to Cody is extreme but the underlying attitude happens to us deafies all the time. I'm continually looking up into angry eyes and suddenly abrupt manners of store personnel. Never mind that lots of them ignore customers by talking on their cell phones or to each other while "attending" to customers.

Good luck to Cody.

All Deaf and Hard of hearing people are qualified to received a free video phone. Just fill out an application, if your step-son has high speed connection.

Sorenson VRS

Wow.. I heard about this story On the Tampa Bay Fox news channel. I hope everything works out for Cody. and Shame on the people that breaks promises.
I hope Cody is adjusting Ok. I'm sure the man that assaulted Cody will serve some time or have to pay restitutions. After that I would not give up, I would also file a Civil Suit to have the man pay for pain and suffering.

It is a shame that a person feels "dissed" because a person doesn't talk to them. Deaf Or Hearing.. It is no excuse to assault someone.

Back