My new HA's! (With a pic, I hope)

Wow, I wish they were that cheap here, I would have all kinds of colors, lol. But, my audiologist said that the Lucite/Acrylic earmolds would be best for my hearing loss. Its ok though. I don't mind that the acrylic is hard. I just liked some of the other designs of the other materials. Oh well. :)

:hmm: my loss is around 92 dcb.. and I wear soft earmolds .. hard earmolds caused more feedback than soft earmolds did.

:hmm: my loss is around 92 dcb.. and I wear soft earmolds .. hard earmolds caused more feedback than soft earmolds did.

Hmm, I wonder what it is about my hearing loss then. I only have a 55-60 Db hearing loss. I don't have problems with feedback or the hard earmolds, just the Easy-T on these aids is difficult to get used to. I like just being able to put the phone up to my other aid I had, but these have a special thing that when it gets activated by the magnet on the phone I have, it goes "doo-do-doo" and I have to keep the phone really still or else it keeps doo-do-dooing in my ear and I can't hear anything, lol. Oh well, its ok, I will have to see if I can get used to it. :)

i have 1 soft earmold that nobody can see it in my ear, and one 1 hard one...

i love the soft ones better .. less feedback for me. the hard one drives me crazy. when i smile, laugh, eat or talk, it leads to feedbacks. people would assumed its their cellphone or something. I hate it. I'm suppose to be going back and get some new ones and will ask for the soft ones again.

i love the soft ones better .. less feedback for me. the hard one drives me crazy. when i smile, laugh, eat or talk, it leads to feedbacks. people would assumed its their cellphone or something. I hate it. I'm suppose to be going back and get some new ones and will ask for the soft ones again.

good luck on new earmolds :) I hate feedback as you do.. especially when I want to listen to music with headphones :ugh3:

Really interesting, I'll ask my audiologist about those soft ear molds when I see her next month..:ty:

ear molds here cost 80 bucks...

btw Helidore1983, is that your little puppy in your avatar? it looks soooo cute!!

yup yup, thats my puppy, he is such a little devil, lol. He just started puppy training classes though, and it seems to help . . . some . . . hehe.

Hes about 4 months old. And right now hes chewing on a toy. At least it is a toy, lol.

yup yup, thats my puppy, he is such a little devil, lol. He just started puppy training classes though, and it seems to help . . . some . . . hehe.

Hes about 4 months old. And right now hes chewing on a toy. At least it is a toy, lol.

Awww he's a cutie, is that golden retriever?.. Forgive me for the off-topic here, couldn't help but stare at your litte cute puppy there...:giggle:

Aw... he's so cute.

Thanks to all . . . My puppy supposedly is a Chow Chow / Labrador Retriever mix, but I don't think he really is. I think he is more like a Pomino, which is a Pomeranian-American Eskimo mix, I have a pic of one at 5 months that I got off of the internet and he really looks like him, and I am kinda hoping thats what he is. :)

That's interesting to see an earmold cost is $70. in my country, I can get an earmold for $17 (usa dollars)

Lucky you. But currently I get my HAs and earmoulds as well batteries for free. According to Aussie policy, deaf peeps from babyhood to 26 recieve free hearing care.

I heard that it cost $50 for one mould and $70 for two here, but not sure if I'm correct. But yeah, yike!

Lucky you. But currently I get my HAs and earmoulds as well batteries for free. According to Aussie policy, deaf peeps from babyhood to 26 recieve free hearing care.

I heard that it cost $50 for one mould and $70 for two here, but not sure if I'm correct. But yeah, yike!

you are more lucky ! free hearing aids :jaw:

I had to wait for exactly one year to change my hearing aid.(I should say I was 31 at the time )

Im in the wrong country, I think :| How do they delegate that and how good of products will they cover? is it just dependant on needs?

Im in the wrong country, I think :| How do they delegate that and how good of products will they cover? is it just dependant on needs?

Well, Doug, I'm not a expert at this, but from my observance is if you've been deaf from birth or child then you're automatically assigned free hearing aids and so on but then when they turn 26, depending on their circumstances, they'd have to buy HAs from now on and every time they go to Hearing Service they would have to pay for hearing test, earmoulds, repairs and such.

I met a deaf/usher person who was over 26 at the time and I noticed she had hearing aids on and I asked her how much did it cost her. She said it was free because of her condition. I can understand that.

If one's on pension or SSI as you call it then they're entitled to free HAs, test, earmoulds, batteries and minor repair.

As for the quality of HAs they'd provide, I'd have to say they have a budget to work within so they cannot go off and outfit every deaf person with the most expensive HAs. I assume they're middle ranges.
They tend to give us Siemens. I don't know if it's a brand popular in the US.

They do use Siemens around here in the US, I don't know how much though. I got a used Siemens one when the Lions club gave me one. I am on SSDI and it was very hard to get help with my hearing aids, until I found the people who gave me my loan. But that doesn't help the fact that they were $2000/ear. Oh well. :)

Well, Doug, I'm not a expert at this, but from my observance is if you've been deaf from birth or child then you're automatically assigned free hearing aids and so on but then when they turn 26, depending on their circumstances, they'd have to buy HAs from now on and every time they go to Hearing Service they would have to pay for hearing test, earmoulds, repairs and such.

I met a deaf/usher person who was over 26 at the time and I noticed she had hearing aids on and I asked her how much did it cost her. She said it was free because of her condition. I can understand that.

If one's on pension or SSI as you call it then they're entitled to free HAs, test, earmoulds, batteries and minor repair.

As for the quality of HAs they'd provide, I'd have to say they have a budget to work within so they cannot go off and outfit every deaf person with the most expensive HAs. I assume they're middle ranges.

Now that is very nice !!!! I envy you!

in the USA, we have a rehabilitation that helps deaf people get free hearing aids only if they are working or going to school. They will not provide free hearing aids if you're just sitting at home as a housewife or stay at home mom.. I started working over a year ago and I got free hearing aids because i'm "working" now.

the ear molds is about 80 dollars for both ears. its pretty high. I'm waiting on getting new molds soon.

I used to have Siemens now I have digital Oticon. pretty popular ones in the US now.

my ear molds were 80 i think and my ha was $1400 CAD my batt usually lasts about 2 weeks if im lucky, i wish i didnt have to charge my fm so much tho lol...I have acrylic molds as well but i dont get any feedback since i dont have a higher loss. my audi said that its usually a preference of wat the audi likes to use as materials and he said softer materials are usally for higher losses.
oo and off topic but ur dog is really cute i mite be getting a puppy too:)

Now that is very nice !!!! I envy you!

in the USA, we have a rehabilitation that helps deaf people get free hearing aids only if they are working or going to school. They will not provide free hearing aids if you're just sitting at home as a housewife or stay at home mom.. I started working over a year ago and I got free hearing aids because i'm "working" now.

the ear molds is about 80 dollars for both ears. its pretty high. I'm waiting on getting new molds soon.

I used to have Siemens now I have digital Oticon. pretty popular ones in the US now.

Now I just envy you, lol. I live in Virginia, and DRS wouldn't help me. (department of vocational rehab) I am a full-time student trying to get off of disability, and they just let me get the 1 hearing aid from the Lions club that my social worker that wasn't related to DRS referred me to get. I needed 2 hearing aids, so that wasn't very much rehabilitation! But I did appreaciate the 1 hearing aid, even though DRS didn't help me get it. I had to get a loan to get my new ones, and it takes about 1/6 of my income a month. Better than nothing. :)

Siemans would be a very practical decision for brand covered by gov't. They are a multibillion dollar company mostly because of their other wonderful engineering feats. This helps them be able to offer their Hearing aids at more fair prices for fairly good quality products. I don't have siemens hearing aids, but have heard nothing negative about them.

"I used to have Siemens now I have digital Oticon. pretty popular ones in the US now."I wear Oticon HA's too. like em

Back