My new HA's! (With a pic, I hope)

Helidore1983

Reaction score
I said I would post something about my hearing aids when I got them. I got them Friday, they are red, with red glitter earmolds, Unitron Element 8 + Easy T Power BTE's, and they are really awesome except for the fact that my audiologist wanted me to try the automatic volume control. I don't like that because trying to get used to certain sounds is horrible with it, they don't adjust automatically like I thought they would, so when I see the audiologist in a week, I will have him do some changes.

Anyway, I am trying to attatch a picture of the HA on here, but I don't know if it will work. Hopefully it will! But if not, I will keep trying!

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• My Unitron BTE HA.jpg
    My Unitron BTE HA.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 76
They look great. Looks alot like mine. I also have a red see through Phonak Eleva. it also has automatic programming but I hate it when it changes, it seems to try to pick up things I dont want to hear instead of trying to pick up what I want to hear. I usually end up setting it to Music since it works alot like the older anaolog hearing aids. It picks up everything and not try to shut down background and I like it alot better since it dont seem to be able to pick up sounds correct under automatic settings. Hope your hearing aids work out great for you.

congrats on your new aids. as for automatic volume , I too use digital hearing aids with compression and I don't use volume control wheel much .. this is related to digital compression (WDRC).. your brain will get used to compression to some degree over time .it took my brain six or seven months to get used to digital compression.

Great!

That is awesome! Enjoy. How does it sound?

They sound great, I just have to get used to the automatic volume control, and get used to wearing two hearing aids instead of one, lol. Although, sometimes I think they are demon possesed (lol), because sometimes when there is no real sounds, it sounds like aliens talking. My audiologist said it would sound a little "tinny" for the first week, so I am thinking that may be what the noise is. We'll see! :)

Take care~~

Cool HAs! Looks like you not only have new HAs, but a great fashion accessory, too!

Dang! I want to change my HA to different glittery colors...does that cost more?

Congrats!

Dang! I want to change my HA to different glittery colors...does that cost more?

Congrats!

Hey there shel, I believe it depends on the audiologist. My suggestion is to check and see if your audiologist goes and negotiates with many different companies. The most popular brand with these "unique" colors and combinations seems to be Westone, but I contacted them and they wanted like, $70/ear, which is way outrageous to me, and my audiologist got mine through Starkey, which was way cheaper, probably about $70/pair, I believe is what he told me, but he is the type of guy who will negotiate and tell the companies "Hey, I can get this at such-and-such price from company so-and-so, what can you give it to me for?"

So like I said, I would check with your audiologist. Mine went through Starkey, who in turn, has a LOT of the same cool colors that Westone offers, for the cooler price, lol. But, go to Custom ear plugs, hearing protection & in ear monitors :: Westone to check out the colors, its awesome what they have out there. The only thing that sucks is that some of the cool colors I like, don't come in the material that I need, which is the Lucite/Acrylic kind, so I can't get every kind out there, but I like the glitter, it looks cool, and isn't like "HEY LOOK AT ME!!!" lol. I have the red hearing aid for that ;) .

I am starting to get used to the volume level, but they still don't seem to be adjusting like they should. Maybe I just don't understand how they actually do adjust on their own like that. Oh well. Hehe. :)

Take care~~

Wow, I so love your new hearing aids, I haven't seen anything like this before, lovely color too, it looks like your ear mold has some hot pinkish color in them...

Wow, I so love your new hearing aids, I haven't seen anything like this before, lovely color too, it looks like your ear mold has some hot pinkish color in them...

Thanks so much, yeah they are cool. The picture isn't too great, its red glitter in the earmold, they are pretty awesome, but I think they need to fix something on the right one, its hurting my ear, my other one didn't do that, so I think maybe there is a stray piece sticking out or something. It doesn't really look like it but it kind of feels like it when I rub it, so I will ask the audiologist about it on Friday. :)

I love the way they look! Very fashionable and unique. It's great that they have a range like this :)

I hope the audie can get on top of the sound quality problems soon for you though.

Awesome! Lucky you!

I'm going to get a new pair of HAs in few weeks, I've chosen silver because I thought colour's a bit too much. I wish I had those glitter earmoulds! But here they only provide earmoulds in variety of colours but no glitter and whatnot.

I've heard about Westone Lab and their earmoulds, way cool! Yea, I agree that $70 per earmould's outrageous. For a pair, it's somewhat reasonable, I guess.

Enjoy your new HA and earmould. :)

Awesome! Lucky you!

I'm going to get a new pair of HAs in few weeks, I've chosen silver because I thought colour's a bit too much. I wish I had those glitter earmoulds! But here they only provide earmoulds in variety of colours but no glitter and whatnot.

I've heard about Westone Lab and their earmoulds, way cool! Yea, I agree that $70 per earmould's outrageous. For a pair, it's somewhat reasonable, I guess.

Enjoy your new HA and earmould. :)

That's interesting to see an earmold cost is $70. in my country, I can get an earmold for $17 (usa dollars)

Wow, I wish they were that cheap here, I would have all kinds of colors, lol. But, my audiologist said that the Lucite/Acrylic earmolds would be best for my hearing loss. Its ok though. I don't mind that the acrylic is hard. I just liked some of the other designs of the other materials. Oh well. :)

Back