My most theaters won't care about me

Our local, they have two rooms for rear-view captioning. They had 6 devices (rear-view). Now, they have 3 device. I asked them what happpen... They said that someone stole or missing.

Also, almost zero deaf people show up at movie. They know me and my wife always show up at movie with Caption.

Recently, I told you that my son works at AMC.

I asked my son, "what kind of equipment for caption at movie?" and how much cost install equipment?" He guess $8,000 to 10,000. He will find out what brand?

I tried to google and found some info.
MoPix – Frequently Asked Questions

Good information at WGBH - Media Access Group
They need your feedback about rear-view at WGBH - Media Access Group - Questionnaires

See some available movies with Caption at MoPix – Motion Picture Access

Last one... I never hear this story before. That's new to me.
Let you see story about special eyeglass at near end story. Link: DeafDC Blog » Regal Cinemas Considering New Movie Captioning Technology

I understand why they spend lot of $$ on CC equipment. Still not enough deaf people show up. They lost lot of $$.

I found some theaters has open captioning but those movies that I will
be not enjoyed, such as drama, children. I want comedy, horror, and
Iron Man. I heard about Rotten Tomatoes reviews that said "Iron Man"
is best superhero movie! But, unfortunately, closed captioning or
open captioned is not listed there! :mad: I was boycott theaters if those
movies that I am unenjoyable movies, theaters can't make money because of it.
I wish most theaters should be rear-window captioning at least 3 per
screening rooms, and least 2 screening rooms for open captions. :mad:
I hate to waiting until DVD comes out. Uggh...!
I'm a big Iron Man fan. Collected tons of IM comics. I'm going to the movie anyway. I'll probably know the story anyway.

I, too, think it sucks to have to wait for DVD releases.

I think it would be cool to have the movie studios offer an online release to deaf people who regester with them so they could pay to view it on their PCs when it comes out at the movies.

Last night, my friend told me that they have Iron-Man with captioning. He went there to watch the movie in Philadelphia.

Last night, my friend told me that they have Iron-Man with captioning. He went there to watch the movie in Philadelphia.
I just checked the Regal Cinemas website. You're right, it's listed as OC in some places. It will be a matter of time before it arrives to my city. :)

Who care?

Rental dvd movie is way cheaper than theater.

Cheap food? Home
Cheap drink? Home
Pause/replay/rewind? Home
Save gas for drive? Home
Big screen? Theater

Home is won.

Who care?

Cheap food? Home
Cheap drink? Home
Save gas for drive? Home
Big screen? Theater

Home is won.
Of course...

Unless you have a VIP pass that lets you see a movie for $6. ;)

I usually like to wait for DVD. But time to time, it's something to do with friends or date. ;)

I haven't gone to a movie theater for 9 years. Some movie theaters made me feel sick. I think that it has to do with the air system, or the germs. I also remember how sticky on the floor where I sat on a chair at the movie. Yuck!

I would rather to rent one and watch it. It makes me cozy with a blanket and drink a hot chocolate milk at home.

Movie theaters and the performances (the plays) are not the same. The plays are more interesting and alive persons on the stages.

I agree with you. I like to rental a movie at blockbuster and watch at home. I haven't go to theater for 4 years now. I prefer watch at home. I can save my money instead go to theater. They are so expensive!

Who care?

Cheap food? Home
Cheap drink? Home
Save gas for drive? Home
Big screen? Theater

Home is won.

I haven't gone to a movie theater for 9 years. Some movie theaters made me feel sick. I think that it has to do with the air system, or the germs. I also remember how sticky on the floor where I sat on a chair at the movie. Yuck!

I would rather to rent one and watch it. It makes me cozy with a blanket and drink a hot chocolate milk at home.

Movie theaters and the performances (the plays) are not the same. The plays are more interesting and alive persons on the stages.
I've never really had any problems with things like that. I guess the theater you went to had a bad cleaning staff? :dunno:

I've only had to deal with sticky floors and messes a couple times and that was when the whole theater was packed with deaf people for an OC movie. :(

My son works as assistant manager at AMC in South Jersey (outside from Philadelphia). This summer, he will become boss. This morning, he asked me anything movie with Caption. We give him list what we will love to see movie like Ironman, Batman, X-Files II, etc.

They have screening rooms for rear-window captioning. Not many deaf people show up at movie at near Cherry Hill Mall. Most deaf people go to see movie with caption on wall in Philadelphia

Wow, you're lucky if your son will be boss anytime soon, so he would can their own schedule for captioning? How impressive? I am proud of you!
I am envy of you. :( Ha-ha.

I think it's great that closed captioned movies are already widespread across the Nation but with having a rear-view captioning, it is definitely bothersome. I hate sitting in the chair trying to find the comfortable spot to watch the movie and the rear view window is not in the right align. I have to keep adjusting it in order to enjoy the movie. I also have to squirm around in my chair. By the end of the movie, I probably have missed some parts just because I was trying to adjust the rear view window or fidgeting in my seat to get a good view. It's frustrating. Personally, I like the open caption movies than the ones that are rear-view.

I am bothersome with rear-window captioning, because it get shaken when
my mother sat near me. I don't like that. I wish they would give
with open captioning at least 2 screening. Oh well.

Who care?

Cheap food? Home
Cheap drink? Home
Save gas for drive? Home
Big screen? Theater

Home is won.

I agree with you! I love watching DVDs at my home because I can
rewind if I missed that word on the captioning or SDH.

I ever wonder every movie theater have digital projector that have subtitle selection to turn on subtitles upon request?? Just exactly like DVD player that you can turn on English subtitle. If they do have built in subtitle in their player in theaters, Then why not use it for deafie upon request!! Just a thought..

Catty

Recently, I told you that my son works at AMC.

I asked my son, "what kind of equipment for caption at movie?" and how much cost install equipment?" He guess $8,000 to 10,000. He will find out what brand?

I tried to google and found some info.

Good information at WGBH - Media Access Group
They need your feedback about rear-view at WGBH - Media Access Group - Questionnaires

See some available movies with Caption at MoPix – Motion Picture Access

Last one... I never hear this story before. That's new to me.
Let you see story about special eyeglass at near end story. Link: DeafDC Blog » Regal Cinemas Considering New Movie Captioning Technology

I understand why they spend lot of $$ on CC equipment. Still not enough deaf people show up. They lost lot of $$.

I have thought about same thing regarding of polarized glasses to view "invisiable" CC. It'll be very nice to have that technology.

I feel that Movie theater co are not trying hard enough to understand deaf need. They do not have to blow all the money on equiptments if not enough deafie coming.

They HAVE digital player but do this equiptiment have subtitle to use upon request exactly like DVD, too bad for hearing people if they don't like it on the screen, ADA laws sorry!!. So any deafie visit any theaters can enjoy just like everyone and save theater BIG buck over modifying equiptment to meet deafie need!.. I feel that Theater BigWig don't have common sense that deaf people are part of economics to help theater profit!!

RWC (Rear Wall Captioning) really SUCKS BIG TIME!! I hate the most is the gooseneck thing that stuck on armrest cupholder and it doesn't stay up I wish for, no matter how hard I push down (I'm a muscular guy that can breaks automotive tools but can't seem to keep gooseneck down on cupholder without breaking a cupholder!!). Also people behind me is getting in the way of RW screen and I can't read it. I had to move to next seat with my wife where no one sitting behind it. BUt still people walks by and it blocks the RWC. It's plain NO GOOD!! I can't enjoy movie without any hassle. So I would NEVER will go to any movie w/ RWC!!! I'm sticking with Open Captioning whenever available in Olathe AMC 30 Theater...

Basically we wait till DVD movie out for rental and we rents it.... That's more enjoyable and save money just like any bloggers above me say so...

Catty

I ever wonder every movie theater have digital projector that have subtitle selection to turn on subtitles upon request?? Just exactly like DVD player that you can turn on English subtitle. If they do have built in subtitle in their player in theaters, Then why not use it for deafie upon request!! Just a thought..

Catty
That is how they do the captioning at theaters.

Most theaters will pick one screen for OC movies. That room will be modified with a second window for use of the captioning.

I've been to a few OC theaters and they are all set up that way... all in the same room.

What they do is deliver the captioning from theater to theater, not the whole movie.

I went to one OC movie once and the captioning didn't show up. They forgot to turn it on. I told them about it and they apologized... then immediately turned it on. I could see it appear without even having to adjust the movie. ;)

Maybe, some theaters do it differently... this is just what I've noticed myself.

Yeah, I know the feeling.

They've reduced captioning for great movies and focused on boring movies. I wonder if there's a reason behind this?

Perhaps, greater movies cost more money to caption?

Last time I hear someone saying that subtitle service to add in the movie for theatre is about $10k to $20k. And the movie have to be at least $20 million budget or beyond that may required to add.

Back