My most theaters won't care about me

Ohh so thats what they call it..RWC..hmm. I gotta learn more about the theaters captioning. The RWC made me dizzy one time. I guess because I wasn't used to it. But i pefer the captioning to be on television..oh well

Sitting in the middle can help, You want the caption display to be the same distance from you as the movie screen, that way your eyes don't have to shift focus so much.

I ever wonder every movie theater have digital projector that have subtitle selection to turn on subtitles upon request??

Catty

Two weeks ago, my son told me that our local will add captioning at Digital Projector. Right now, one room is re-model. They will have IMAX. I asked him about IMAX with caption? He had no idea about caption at IMAX.

Two weeks ago, my son told me that our local will add captioning at Digital Projector. Right now, one room is re-model. They will have IMAX. I asked him about IMAX with caption? He had no idea about caption at IMAX.
I've asked the same thing.

What they all usually say is that they don't have the technology for IMAX theaters.

Since the projectors run differently in IMAX theaters than they do in regular theaters, the captioning has to be done the same way as well. Since it's not the theaters that do the captioning, then you should be complaining to the people who do the captioning... not the theaters who provide the captioning.

Why don't you watch the movie at a regular movie theater first with OC, then watch it at an IMAX movie theater later without OC since you already know what's going on. :)

Who care?

Rental dvd movie is way cheaper than theater.

Cheap food? Home
Cheap drink? Home
Pause/replay/rewind? Home
Save gas for drive? Home
Big screen? Theater

Home is won.

Gas price went up and suck for theater and more complain over CC.

Home still win.

Complain really waste your time and nothing to help for CC like gas price. :roll:

Went to see movie - Indiana Jones last weekend. I notice captioning become more clear than before. Instead of white, it's yellow font and more bright. I guess they must have change new bulb and change color. So awesome, although, I enjoy the movie theatre.

I always dislike going to the movie theater, and I always try to decline going when my mom or brother want to go because I realize that if I am not getting information from the screen, then why waste money when it's just 4 dollars to rent it with captions? I feel that it'll be a waste of someone else's money just so I am present there.

I started to become frugal because movie theaters won't offer captions so easily. The captioned films are offered somewhere far away that I am unwilling to go.

Sometimes I am seen as anti-social because of it. It's not that, and I'd go if they had captioning. Recently, I went to a movie theater dreading going because we thought it would be an american film, but it was a foreign movies with subtitles. I left feeling better.

I don't understand why can't movies have subtitles or captions? I mean, it doesn't bother those that have to watch foreign films. It's an excuse, so I think it's such a waste of my time to be bothering your senators or movie theaters to have captions on. I am not going to waste my time with that. Why does it have to be so difficult? It's about time that we don't have to fight about this anymore.

We have a theater that charges like 4 dollars a movie, but I doubt they'd consider captioning because they are a cheap movie theater. The other theater has gotten really expensive that we never go anymore since we saw how high they charge. My hard earned money going to see a film when I can get it for 4 dollars when they come out? No!

However, I'd support encouraging places like Disney World or museums to caption their films, so we can understand what their museum is all about. I hate that some museums are now having those Walkie-talkie like type of device that you press a number to replace tour guides. Talk about also removing jobs from people? Some things are becoming so technical. I have had some tour guides look at me strangely as to why I am looking at them when they talk.

Went to see movie - Indiana Jones last weekend. I notice captioning become more clear than before. Instead of white, it's yellow font and more bright. I guess they must have change new bulb and change color. So awesome, although, I enjoy the movie theatre.
The one I saw had white fonts that was hard to read except during dark parts of the movie. :(

The one I saw had white fonts that was hard to read except during dark parts of the movie

*sigh* That's why it's just so frustrating to deal with having movie theaters have captions.

I stopped going to the movies many years ago. I went recently, though, to see the stephen king one w/ my dad and brother. The Mist. My gawd, the ending sucked so bad, it will probably the last time I waste the money (on that anyway)!!!

I stopped going to the movies many years ago. I went recently, though, to see the stephen king one w/ my dad and brother. The Mist. My gawd, the ending sucked so bad, it will probably the last time I waste the money (on that anyway)!!!

Oh yeah! That's true. I think almost all movies have sad at the end of the story. No good.

It was refreshing to see an anti-Hollywood ending for once. When it comes to a Stephen King story, it usually lacks a happily ever after ending.

The ending was pretty good if you ask me. A big smack in the face was what the audience just needed.

It was refreshing to see an anti-Hollywood ending for once. When it comes to a Stephen King story, it usually lacks a happily ever after ending.

The ending was pretty good if you ask me. A big smack in the face was what the audience just needed.
I agree.

When I saw that movie, I was like... WTF!? Heh!

Reminds me of Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, etc. :)

That's why I don't go to the theater a lot. Just couple of times a year whenever a group of hearing friends and I get together, that way any one of them would interpret.

Back