My Deaf Family

somedeafdudefromPNW

Reaction score
Here's the pilot episode for them.

ASL is captioned.

Spoken English is captioned. ASL is translated via spoken voice for those who don't want CC.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Gc85nQK8w&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - My Deaf Family "Pilot"[/ame]

Enjoy.

It's neat. Someone already put it up here in one of the anything threads.

I think I saw an ADer, I forgot his username, from CA (not Authenic) at 8:07.

What a cute family.

I wonder if it is better being hearing in a Deaf family than being Deaf in a hearing family. :hmm:

deaf in a hearing family would not be better because you are far more likely to be left out. Then again, he felt somewhat left out because they can't hear the things he like. Such as music.

Last edited:
Awesome

I have known Les and Brigette frmo the Gally days. I admit that I am surprised that they have five kids! :)

I wonder what the non signing granparents think about this, now it is shown to the whole world they don't sign and they don't be much of their son because of communication problems.

More likely, they already know about how they feel. Most parents do so they probably expect them to talk about their upbringing. (In fact, some of them don't care, they still think they made the right decision and that their child is just overreacting)

I think I saw an ADer, I forgot his username, from CA (not Authenic) at 8:07.

you too?? I thought I saw him too! the basketball scene. NorCal. He surely looked quite :mad2:

Wow, that was neat! I liked that family. I think it would make a great show for TLC-my family would watch!

oh I forgot to share my input about the video. I thought it was cool. That hearing son will eventually come to peace about living in both worlds. For a long time, I was confused and frustrated because of miscommunication and "injustice". Half of time - I viewed my deafness as a hindrance. I'm very glad I've come to a complete peace about my deafness couple years ago - all thanks to Alex and AD!

:ily:

oh I forgot to share my input about the video. I thought it was cool. That hearing son will eventually come to peace about living in both worlds. For a long time, I was confused and frustrated because of miscommunication and "injustice". Half of time - I viewed my deafness as a hindrance. I'm very glad I've come to a complete peace about my deafness couple years ago - all thanks to Alex and AD!

:ily:
:aw:

I wish there were more videos like this one about various deaf families. Are there any in Auslan too?

They need more views and such to get the attention of TLC, and hopefully they'll adopt it on TV. They have a Facebook page, a Twitter page, and a whole bunch of other stuff in hopes that it'll catch the eyes of the networks. I really want this to get on TV, so I might actually watch something!

Back