My best friend's mom

I'm truly sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend's beloved one... :(

Pass my deepest symathpy to her and her family... Our thoughts goes her and her family... :(

I'm very sorry for your loss. :(

I will pray that the Lord comfort you, and the family and other friends. :hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's best friend passing away. You and her family are in my thoughts and prayers as well. :(

Thank you everyone. My friend sent me a picture of her mom...I am trying to get it resized online so it can be accepted here on AD but it seems not to be working. Will keep trying....

Mary Ellen Weekley
Mary Ellen Weekley was born August 8th, 1939 in Norwich CT and passed away on April 8th, 2007 after a lengthy battle with Parkinson's disease. Raised in Tucson, she graduated from Tucson High in 1957. On September 7th 1957 she married Melvin Weekley, her beloved husband of 49 years. She is survived by Melvin and her 4 children, Mike, Mark, Doug and Julie, as well as 5 grandchildren, her sister Lorna, and brother Robert. A Visitation/Rosary will be held Thursday evening, April 12th, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Heritage Funeral Chapel, 6830 W. Thunderbird Rd in Peoria. The funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Jerome's Parrish, 10815 N. 35th Ave in Phoenix with reception to follow.
Published in The Arizona Republic on 4/11/2007.
Guest Book • Funeral home info • Flowers • Gift Shop • Charities

azcentral.com | obituaries

Thanks everyone...reading her obituary this morning really hit me and I just cried. I wish I was with my friend and hold her. She just paged me saying that they arrived in AZ last night and now on the way to see her dad. She hasnt seen him yet. I told her that I just wanted to hold her tight and cry with her. I feel bad that I cant be with her. Oh well.

Just found out that my best friend's mom finally passed away last night after a long battle with Parkinston's. Hard to believe that she is gone...I have known her since I was a year old. I just feel so bad for her dad cuz they would have been married for 50 years this August. I may fly to AZ for the funeral so I am waiting to get word from my friend.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this...happy that she is not suffering anymore cuz the past year was hard on her with her health deteriorating to the point where she needed 24/7 care and sad that I wont see her again. She was like a 2nd mom to me. I just worry about her dad.

My friend will fly from PA to AZ tonight and will stay with her dad for a few weeks after the funeral to make sure he is ok. 50 years...will be very hard on him. :(

i am very sorry for the loss of your dear friend... i konw what it feels like to lose a 2nd mom... cuz i lost my 2nd mom to cancer :tears:

my thoughts are with you and your friend's family!
:hug:

understand about felt happy and sad! bec some of us dont like see people suffer too long!!!

Peace and Hope everything go well ! :):):)

Sorry that your bestfriend passed away.. but your bestfriend is in haven now... no painful.

Back