My Back Yard Paradise

Very cool! Thanks for keeping us updated on the progress! :)

This is the first year we have had wild roses blooming. I am thinking I like them so much I am going to try for more.

Even though the wild rose is the state flower of Iowa, I had to send away for seeds, and that has taken a couple of years to get that result.

I've heard some perennials are like that, especially biannuals.

I'm glad you finally got them blooming this year! :)

You have nice bunch of sedum. At first, I thought that your picture of some kind of cactus red flower. I think that many cactuses have yellow flowers. Anyways, nice wild roses.

You have nice bunch of sedum. At first, I thought that your picture of some kind of cactus red flower. I think that many cactuses have yellow flowers. Anyways, nice wild roses.

Thanks. Too hot today to really enjoy it, but there are even more of those roses blooming.

I could use a bit of your backyard paradise right about now!:lol:

So when is the next AD barbecue at Bott's house?

:)

So when is the next AD barbecue at Bott's house?

:)

It's pretty small, and the fences are for me because I don't like people to look at me.

Probably no one expected that honest confession, but I am happy to share in pictures. :wave:

mr2wkw.jpg

Joe

vhs5d2.jpg

Tomato plants

2v81khw.jpg

Green rose, first blooms

i like it, but its not my 'taste' but yes i can share the love of growing own's tomatoes i grow enormous BeefSteak tomatoes, and Full Rainbow types, and Brocollis,silverbeet, and potatoes, and more. THis time im going to make my own raised vege garden. Paint the walls, fences, panels indeed brings out the colours and show off the greens plants, and yes i can see its becomes a serene yet imaginative place a place to have peace, thats the whole philosophy of a backyard garden should be! ...
i prefer a more formal look, and well i cant have too many in the yard as 2 big dogs roaming about...so yeah...for myself i have to be aware of that. Colours for me is too much lol, ok maybe im boring...but I wouldnt and could never insult, its really good, as i do know a small number of creative people, the need to externalise the creative self is like a person who chose to wear black clothes or jeans or more colours, its just like that pity not enough people realise that...so Good on you
love it esp that you're not a 'follower' so go, cheers!

Now, you'd need to steal some gnomes LOL

Gnome habitat

30kroef.jpg

This gnome is seventeen years old. He lived for years in the yard, but faded color. So I repainted him about ten years ago, and I was so attached that I couldn't let him go outside anymore, and he now stays on a bedside table as a bracelet holder. :lol:

2ephkcw.jpg

I love your pictures, Botts. That gnome is adorable!

I'll have to post some pictures of my tomatoes. The plants are getting HUGE!!! It's in a big pot on our deck. We've got cherry tomatoes and larger tomatoes in the same pot. So far only the cherry toms have been ripe enough to eat, but the larger ones are coming along nicely and should be ready soon.

I had no idea how big this thing would get. It's like the Green Giant that expanded to take over the whole landing.

I love your pictures, Botts. That gnome is adorable!

I'll have to post some pictures of my tomatoes. The plants are getting HUGE!!! It's in a big pot on our deck. We've got cherry tomatoes and larger tomatoes in the same pot. So far only the cherry toms have been ripe enough to eat, but the larger ones are coming along nicely and should be ready soon.

I had no idea how big this thing would get. It's like the Green Giant that expanded to take over the whole landing.

that is cutest picture adobrable dog :D

Thank you both! :)

I would love to see your tomatoes BG. We have so far only harvested cherry tomato also.

I'll post some later. I'm off to swimming and weight work-out right now. Will be back later this afternoon.

steal more, make 2 lots, blues and reds just like Gnomeo and Juliet LOL

I just found your thread Botti, and I must say, I like the "Alice in Wonderland" theme you have going. I saw the 3 tomato cages by the blue wall and was wondering where the plants were, until I saw the three potted plants ;)

Good job!!!

Back