MSNBC: Texas to let teachers bring guns to school

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a problem if you, deafie, visit in your old school, someone scold at you for not allowing inside the school when you are walking in and not aware of what's going on so he has to pull out his gun and shoot you. What are you going to do about it?

This is not a cop-like scenario. I don't think you understand the mindset of armed citizen.

1. Armed citizen (with CCW) is usually much more trained and knows better when or when not to use gun.
2. We frequently go to firing ranges to hone our skills.
3. Cops is trained at MINIMUM level except S.W.A.T. which is why they're bad shooters and trigger-happy.
4. Cops are constantly high with stress. Armed citizens are not.
5. We have element of surprise, cops do not
6. We are trained to react to the situation if the gun is SEEN.
7. Cops are trained to use "PREEMPTIVE" strikes.

most importantly....
8. Cops get blanket protection (most of time) even though it's over-killed or excessive
--> WE DO NOT. Thus - we are less trigger-happy than cops, more accurate than cops, and have better decision-making skills than cops.

your deafie situation is an example of gross responsibility as a gun carrier. Please educate yourself more on guns.

You would say different if you have children.

actually no. I know what it takes to be an armed citizen with CCW and know what kind of requirement/qualification required it takes to bring gun to school. I trust more on armed citizens than cops.

actually no. I know what it takes to be an armed citizen with CCW and know what kind of requirement/qualification required it takes to bring gun to school. I trust more on armed citizens than cops.

I wouldn't trust either armed citizens or cops, no matter what the reason is. Sometimes citizens will go postal out of the blue. I just hate being around people who have guns next to me.

Your perception belies your position. My question belied my position. Still, you have not fulfilled the question: when you create a battlefield, how else can you expect?

I will defend myself. How can anyone teach a student, within that atmosphere, anything but to be a soldier to fight wars beyond living circumstance? Are we, purposedly, being trained for something other than to be educated citizens?

that's the purpose of CCW. they won't know unless some ultra-liberal asshole within administration leaked the information. Chance is you've walked/passed by at least 10 CCW in a month at common places like shopping malls, works (except certain places), or parks.

I wouldn't trust either armed citizens or cops, no matter what the reason is. Sometimes citizens will go postal out of the blue. I just hate being around people who have guns next to me.

yes... but unlikely. if the armed citizen goes postal, another armed citizen would shoot him down. end of story. no problem. better than nobody stopping him and waiting for cops to come.

refer to my previous post - "Chance is you've walked/passed by at least 10 CCW in a month at common places like shopping malls, works (except certain places), or parks." that's the beauty of CCW.

7. Cops are trained to use "PREEMPTIVE" strikes.

That capitalized word is a military word, a perception and additude that is, wrongly, prevalent with the police community.

Prevention is the word that they are taught. In the case that they, whether out of panic or outright ignoring, #8 of your list is employed.

You live by the sword; you die by the sword.

yes... but unlikely. if the armed citizen goes postal, another armed citizen would shoot him down. end of story. no problem. better than nobody stopping him and waiting for cops to come.

refer to my previous post - "Chance is you've walked/passed by at least 10 CCW in a month at common places like shopping malls, works (except certain places), or parks." that's the beauty of CCW.

Well, there still will be problems. Once they go postal, they will kill a few innocent people....end of story. :P

Well, there still will be problems. Once they go postal, they will kill a few innocent people....end of story. :P

better a few than many :cool2:

a Texan Minuteman with a belt buckle size of the WWF Championship shooting down any illegal trepassing on his property. :roll:

Wasn't there an issue of gung-ho "minutemen" along the Mexican border that shot before asking? The program was, quickly, stopped by the feds because of the over-eagerness of said enlisted persons?

Hmm, what if it was me that got shot down. :hmm:

<sobbing next to your body> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY KILLED THE TREE MAN!

<sobbing next to your body> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEY KILLED THE TREE MAN!

:laugh2: Reminds me of some movies with a person standing on kneels saying that.

You know Police Officers killed/hurt unarmed people because they "thought" unarmed people have weapons in their pocket, handbag, etc is common in America............

I bet the teachers would do the same...

Free country?

It´s scary thought...

Wasn't there an issue of gung-ho "minutemen" along the Mexican border that shot before asking? The program was, quickly, stopped by the feds because of the over-eagerness of said enlisted persons?

not my problem. this is about CCW at schools. But I'll comment on it. Minutemen are a gross example of irresponsible group of vigilantes who took advantage of our Amendment 2. if we have a teacher who is minutemen member at school, i will stage a fucking huge protest to get him kicked out of school. if i have children there, i will bring them to another school.

I doubt.

You know Police Officers killed/hurt unarmed people because they "thought" unarmed people have weapons in their pocket, handbag, etc is common in America............

Free country?

It´s scary thought...

I have a t-shirt that says "Freedom is Not Free" Sad, eh?

Free country?

It´s scary thought...

It's all about appearances and, then, some. European society . . . appearances are, similarly, valued.

Free country?

It´s scary thought...

nope! we don't "thought." Why would we think like that at schools? We shoot when we ACTUALLY see gun. Keyword - SEE SEE SEE SEE.

STOP COMPARING SCHOOL TO COP'S JOB!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back