MSNBC: Texas to let teachers bring guns to school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jillio, will some one please address the issue of the example we are setting with the children by carrying guns into their classrooms, especially at young ages...

You are the best person I know to adress the psychology of that. Since kids learn from example,, what are we saying to our future generation?

We, in effect, are teaching our children, through this example, that a violent response is the appropriate response. Modeling of violent behavior and/ or acceptance of such has been shown in numerous studies to correlate with increased violent behavior in children. The younger the child, the more pervasive the impact.

They are often not aware that their child is the one that is displaying at risk behaviors, either.

and the teacher knows any better??? if the parents can't recognize warning sign from their own child, then how can a teacher recognizes a warning sign out of 30+ students who rotated the classes every period????

We, in effect, are teaching our children, through this example, that a violent response is the appropriate response. Modeling of violent behavior and/ or acceptance of such has been shown in numerous studies to correlate with increased violent behavior in children. The younger the child, the more pervasive the impact.

can you please cite that? :laugh2: hhmm nah forget it. I don't know about you but - it sounds like a horseshit :blah: If that's the case - then we should ban UFC, American Gladiator, WWF, action movies, Mortal Kombat games, etc. Oh yea - we should even imprison/penalize parents who spanked or even act out in quick physical violence like throwing a plate.

Sounds like you're an intern for Jack Thompson. :roll:

can you please cite that? :laugh2: hhmm nah forget it. I don't know about you but - it sounds like a horseshit :blah: If that's the case - then we should ban UFC, American Gladiator, WWF, action movies, Mortal Kombat games, etc. Oh yea - we should even imprison/penalize parents who spanked or even act out in quick physical violence like throwing a plate.

Sounds like you're an intern for Jack Thompson. :roll:

He who srtikes first has run out of ideas. Remember the old Chinese Proverb. Evidently, resorting to personal attack is the way to let us all know that you are out of ideas, and in fact, ran out of ideas eons ago.

And, yes, off the top of my head, you might want to check the studies of Piaget, Erikson, and any other developmental psychologist you care to investigate.

Oh, your parents threw plates? That explains a lot.

and the teacher knows any better??? if the parents can't recognize warning sign from their own child, then how can a teacher recognizes a warning sign out of 30+ students who rotated the classes every period????

More objectivity, and training. Very simple.

And you still can't cite that law, can you, jiro? Did you think if you started with the unwarranted and irrelevent attacks, I would forget that you are refusing to answer several direct questions?

We have intensive training in child pychology, sociology, behavior managmeent/modification, and much more. We are more likely than most parents to be able to recognize the warning signs.

Remember, many parents are in denial about their children most of the time so if a teacher points out the warning signs, more likely they wont be followed up by the parents.

Thanks to my educational background, I was able to recognize the signs of language delays in my son by the time he turned 1 years old. Many of my family members, espeically my mom asked me how did I recognize all the signs. Simple as that...my teaching background gave me that kind of insight.

We have intensive training in child pychology, sociology, behavior managmeent/modification, and much more. We are more likely than most parents to be able to recognize the warning signs.

Remember, many parents are in denial about their children most of the time so if a teacher points out the warning signs, more likely they wont be followed up by the parents.

Thanks to my educational background, I was able to recognize the signs of language delays in my son by the time he turned 1 years old. Many of my family members, espeically my mom asked me how did I recognize all the signs. Simple as that...my teaching background gave me that kind of insight.

Exactly. Jiro, without an educational background, cannot seem to grasp the simple concept of that.

He who srtikes first has run out of ideas. Remember the old Chinese Proverb. Evidently, resorting to personal attack is the way to let us all know that you are out of ideas, and in fact, ran out of ideas eons ago.
She who speaks with nonsense proverbs and smart-ass comments to deflect the attention from her is properly screwed. Remember the old Korean proverb. :laugh2: ok ok I'll be nice. Here's an old chinese proverb for you -“A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom.

And you still can't cite that law, can you, jiro? Did you think if you started with the unwarranted and irrelevent attacks, I would forget that you are refusing to answer several direct questions?
ignoring my long post, huh? I see..... yup it hurts, I know. That's what happens when you are uneducated about gun & its culture and your judgement is clouded with unfounded fear.

Oh, your parents threw plates? That explains a lot.
and....? a rather odd sense of humor you have. Does that mean I am a potential gun shooter.... even though I have no history of mental illness.... or criminal record.... :confused: :dunno: Not sure if you can find any single parents who have never spanked their child once in their life.

so no response to my Kopel post? trying to bury it with bunch of your useless posts? :dunno:

More objectivity, and training. Very simple.

Exactly. Jiro, without an educational background, cannot seem to grasp the simple concept of that.

really? that simple? makes me wonder why this is not simple enough for whole schools to adopt this concept.

an old Haitan fool once said.... "A monkey never thinks her baby's ugly." :hmm:

If teachers set an exmple of bringing guns to school, is it telling the children that they should live in fear?

If someone nuts out, I doubt that a single teacher is going to stop the attack. Most of the attacks that I have heard of were well thought out before hand, and one lowly gun in the hands of a fearful teacher probably would not have diverted much, if any of the violence. I still worry that as long as we focus on protection instead of looking to cure the problems that cause the violence, it may only propogate more violence, and more fear, and that my friends, can cause kids to have mental problems.

Teachers are one of the biggest examples in a child's life. We do need to think about setting a proper example..

Absolutely. One does not attempt to cure pnuemonia by injecting more bacteria into the body, and one cannot cure violence with more violence.

Absolutely. One does not attempt to cure pnuemonia by injecting more bacteria into the body, and one cannot cure violence with more violence.

I'm not sure why you're correlating guns as "more violence." That is for criminals. What about the law-abiding citizens? We stop the violence from escalating. so how do law-abiding citizens stop from becoming a victim of violence? use some old chinese proverbs? Please don't confuse yourself.

I'm not sure why you're correlating guns as "more violence." That is for criminals. What about the law-abiding citizens? We stop the violence from escalating. so how do law-abiding citizens stop from becoming a victim of violence? use some old chinese proverbs? Please don't confuse yourself.

Shooting someone with a gun is a violent act, no matter who pulls the trigger, jiro. Killing someone even more so.

we all know that Switzerland is famous for being one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world and also one of the lowest firearm related crime rates in the world.

Switzerland and the gun

THANK YOU FOR THE LINK! You just gave me an ammunition. In fact - you just gave me a mortar round! :laugh2: From same author from the source you cited -
David Kopel - "What America can learn from Switzerland is that the best way to reduce gun misuse is to promote responsible gun ownership."

My good friend is from Switzerland and he has 2+ firearms in his household. He barely touched it (only used it for mandatory training). My aunt is married to Switzerland guy and they too have gun in their household - hardly touched too.

You have unfounded fear of us gun owners in here like to shoot and play with guns frequently... and we're trigger-happy at anything that spooks us.

Again, you have failed to substantiate your claim that the law dictates that all Swiss households have guns. So you have supported nothing. Likewise, there are many variable that contribute to cultural differences in societal attitudes between the Swiss and the Americans. You are attempting to show cause and effect when it is not possible for you to do so.

Your credibility has already been destroyed through your inability to answer direct questions and to substantiate your made up and ridiculous claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back