Movement under way in California to ban divorce

Stupid idea, I agreed. Perhaps California is in economy distress and want to find ways to reduce population? Maybe their idea to ban so that people would move out of state to get divorce. I really don't know but I know they are in economy messed up. But again it is STILL bad idea because it would encourage more people to have babies out of wedlock, and encourage people to cheat. So Prohibitions won't work.

This should make one step back and examine themselves before they start taking the rights of someone else away. I would find it hilarious if all the gays ganged up and voted to ban divorce just the same way as the straights ganged up and voted to ban same sex marriages.

probably a revenge ban.

But seriously, I think the term marriage should be left to the church. And everyone just have the term union instead in the gov't. (that is, change the word "marriage" to "union" )

:shock: uh, what year is this, please.....

Yes, it IS quite hilarious <one opponent's take on it there>
but also does have very rightful place in jillio's category!
:thumbd: !!

Well, the article says that it was on Nov. 30th ( yesterday ). Just brand new article. Today is December 1st.

Yeah. It is much better to forbid a woman to divorce an abusive man. Sooner or later she will be able to get out of the relationship. All she has to do is stick around until he kills her. (sarcasm for anyone who missed it.)

Like there isn't enough misery in the world without revoking a person's right to say, "I made a mistake. This isn't working, and it is destructive to both of us to pretend that it is."

She can still get an annulment based on the grounds of abuse while he goes to prison.

Historically, marriage was always an economic decision.

To be honest, there isn't a lot of reasons to get married in the first place nowadays. Women now have the same rights and they are catching up wage-wise. Other than tax breaks... and that it's cheaper to raise kids while being married... what incentives are there?

The only ones I see that get married either are having kids... or they fell for the romanticized idea of marriage.

This is why I see no reason to ever marry.

Well, if they should decide to ban divorce, then it will prevent dads from being deadbeat fathers. No child support.

And, also I can see the other side, too about abuse, if they should decide to ban divorce. It's very dangerous to harm the family who can not escape from the abuse... any type of abuse could affect their mental and health. It could cost them their life. It's not good for the kids, too.

I am just wonderin' WHAT is really behind it that they want to ban divorce ? What's their specific reason ? Are they hungry for tax ? Still lookin' for more tax in smallest things ? :hmm:

I still find this hard to believe that they are considerin' to ban divorce. :ugh: We are livin' in THIS CRAZY WORLD nowdays!

Yeah. It is much better to forbid a woman to divorce an abusive man. Sooner or later she will be able to get out of the relationship. All she has to do is stick around until he kills her. (sarcasm for anyone who missed it.)

Like there isn't enough misery in the world without revoking a person's right to say, "I made a mistake. This isn't working, and it is destructive to both of us to pretend that it is."

I can see the murder rate going up to.

Women... stock your pantry with rat poison.

Ahhh... are you talkin' about arsenic ? That will make a woman a murderer. :nono:

That's why id rather marry a robot(link) than a human woman. Too many crazy gold diggers who just want your money and will divorce or kill you for it. :aw::eek3:

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/Police-Katy-woman-tried-to-hire-hit-man-to-kill-her-husband-70459567.html

Police: Katy woman tried to hire hit man to kill her husband

http://mensnewsdaily.com/glennsacks/2009/08/09/woman-hires-hit-man-to-kill-husband-oops-its-a-cop/

Woman Hires Hit Man to Kill Husband; Oops! It’s a Cop

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/16/crimesider/entry5092114.shtml

Woman Hires Witch Doctor Then Hit Man to Hurt Hubby

I edited my above post, re-read it. I am willing to have a girlfriend(she must meet my numerous requirements) but just not marry her. We will date, be romantic and cuddle for the duration of our relationship however long it lasts.

Would you prefer the revolver then? And have your hubby spend the rest of his life in jail?

Remember the movie, "The Burning Bed" ? :hmm: That man feeds his wife "evil" and "hate" thoughts to kill him, because he verbally/physically abused her. He asked to be killed for hurtin' his wife. He never thought of what was comin' to him that night, because he was asleep! He didn't think that she would do ANYTHING to physically hurt him. She poured gasoline in his bedroom and threw a match with fire she striked on the fire.... her and her children ran to the car outside and drove away while his bedroom was exploded. He never knew what happened to him. :shock:

I edited my above post, re-read it. I am willing to have a girlfriend(she must meet my numerous requirements) but just not marry her. We will date, be romantic and cuddle for the duration of our relationship however long it lasts.

I omitted the links when I was quoting you. :)

Back