Most annoying statuses on FB

I have a friend on Facebook whose status says:

"Suicidal - Standing on the edge of a cliff".

So I poked him...

The whole poking thing got scarey for me ;) I think some people treat it like some weird mating ritual. Couple of summers ago a guy I went to highschool with poked me. So I poked him back, figured he wanted to get my attention to talk to him. Then he pokes me agon, so I poke back, this went back and forth for awhile and I'm like wtf is doing. Well apparently he must have took my poking back as acceptance to his little mating ritual I had no idea I was participating in because later that afternoon he texted me a pic of his very erect penis. :eek3: oh hello!!!! Zomg yeah, so I pretty much don't do the whole poking thing, delete.

I just checked facebook and indeed the poke feature is STILL there. I've never used it nor have I ever been poked. What an awkward feature. How would you react to being poked, "Hi um.... I see you poked me....."

It's also annoying when I get a friend request from someone I don't know and they don't even bother to introduce themselves or tell me where they found me.. Just "Bam here's my friend request" Nothing more nothing less. Do these people actually expect to have friends like this?

The ones where the headline is 90% if you won't repost this, but I know the 10% who will..

I usually report them as annoying...

Yes, I do have a bad temper and a low annoyance threshold. :P

I'm starting to despise Facebook. I think I actually liked MySpace better,due to being more blog like. Some kind of add or something keeps showing up on my Facebook called Tough Mudder. Yay for those who like it,but I'm not into to it and Im tired of seeing Tough Mudder in my news feed or whatever every day.

The whole poking thing got scarey for me ;) I think some people treat it like some weird mating ritual. Couple of summers ago a guy I went to highschool with poked me. So I poked him back, figured he wanted to get my attention to talk to him. Then he pokes me agon, so I poke back, this went back and forth for awhile and I'm like wtf is doing. Well apparently he must have took my poking back as acceptance to his little mating ritual I had no idea I was participating in because later that afternoon he texted me a pic of his very erect penis. :eek3: oh hello!!!! Zomg yeah, so I pretty much don't do the whole poking thing, delete.

Should have tagged it back to his fb page! :giggle: Oh man, what is it with guys and being inappropriately up front? You know, one evening at university, a guy litterally exposed himself to me on campus! "How cuuuuute!" Try reporting this one, just hit his ego instead! :roll:

(Yes guys, there is a difference between consensual seduction and unwanted advances.)

Another Facebook group I didn't like around Thanksgiving time was some group that pledged to boycott every retailer open on thanksgiving forever. I tried to reason with this group,telling them that if they boycott a store forever all that will happen is that employees will lose the hours they work due to the boycott. I know it stinks to work thanksgiving, my husband is a book printer,he worked thanksgiving,and my 2 kids worked at Kohl's on thanksgiving day,and night. they didn't mind though,because they needed the money for school. I asked this group if they would boycott a hotel,because they are open on thanksgiving and Christmas. The group said no,because a hotel is not the same as retail. I tried to tell them that a business is a business,that hotels aren't a charity,but they didn't get my point.

Last edited:
The ones where the headline is 90% if you won't repost this, but I know the 10% who will..

I usually report them as annoying...

Yes, I do have a bad temper and a low annoyance threshold. :P

I repost the ones that make fun of them :) I remember seeing one about stupid people and attacking penguins? :D

Hit like if you love Jesus or just keep scrolling. Sigh

And since I don't repost the ones about loving my mom, dad, brothers and sisters everybody probably thinks I hate them too ;)

Hit share if you have a beautiful daughter......

I've seen people post this I want to "noooooooo, your daughter is fugly, stahp, just stahp"

Hit like if you love Jesus or just keep scrolling. Sigh

And since I don't repost the ones about loving my mom, dad, brothers and sisters everybody probably thinks I hate them too ;)

Those Jesus ones! I live in Tennessee so I see this one all the time. One day my daughter saw me like one of those Jesus pics, and she asked me why did I like it? I told her I was scared if I didn't like it something bad would happen. My daughter said " Mom,I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't have a Facebook,nor is he tracking who likes him" I promise I'm not crazy,but living in the south and having religion crammed down your throat when your a young child will scare you for life. Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus, but in Tennessee you don't get told about the loving Jesus, only the fire and brimstone type sermons, at least in my experience.

Last edited:
Those Jesus ones! I live in Tennessee so I see this one all the time. One day my daughter saw me like one of those Jesus pics, and she asked me why did I like it? I told her I was scared if I didn't like it something bad would happen. My daughter said " Mom,I'm pretty sure Jesus doesn't have a Facebook,nor is he tracking who likes him" I promise I'm not crazy,but living in the south and having religion crammed down your throat when your a young child will scare you for life. Don't get me wrong, I love Jesus, but in Tennessee you don't get told about the loving Jesus, only the fire and brimstone type sermons, at least in my experience.

I'm from NC and know what you mean! I grew up Baptist and was led to believe I'd go to hell for every little conceivable thing we did when we were young, had to repent with a hickory whippin'! :giggle:

I'm from NC and know what you mean! I grew up Baptist and was led to believe I'd go to hell for every little conceivable thing we did when we were young, had to repent with a hickory whippin'! :giggle:

The hickory whipping! I hated those! I'm 40 years old and the hickory whipping was so common when I was young. I vowed never to give my kids a hickory whipping, and I never did. I think hickory whippings are called child abuse these days!

And it made it worse when they sent you out to pick your own switch :|

And it made it worse when they sent you out to pick your own switch :|

I thought I was smart with that one time and picked a thicker one... So I got hit with the thick one and then told I had to go find the correct size so I could get a butt whoopin' with that instead! :laugh2: Ooooooh, good times good times. :eek3:

I haven't been to Facebook in ages, thankfully. I got so sick and tired of EVERYTHING I see here! Tired of people whining that "nobody cares", tired of hearing about how people were "cleaning out their friends list" when they had like 8000 friends!! ( You don't know all of those people stop adding strangers! ) Tired of it being a competition to see who was the biggest friend whore, tired of peoples stupid updates that they had to go grocery shopping or every time they went to the gym... or checking in EVERYWHERE THEY WENT! The "I bet nobody will have the courage to re-post this BS" The "Click like if you love Jesus" posts, and lets not forget the finding out a lot of my friends are secretly retarded and can't distinguish between their, there and they're, or its and it's... OMG ALL OF IT! I have never been happier and heard about less drama than I do now! It seemed to be something new and attention grabbing every freaking day! It was just far too much... I can't handle all that crap... I would just... I would lose it... :shock:

oh lord the hoax ones. I post the links from snopes. Some thank me but at least one friend gets ridiculously defensive.. "I only posted it because I thought it was cool and what it SAID!" "Well dude.. that may be true but yer still posting false information!!" (no I never said it lol wimp I am.

The games posts I hate- but most i know people can't control- thank heavens I can HIDE those little pesky things, you can also block them. I also have hidden some folks from my news feed to keep from seeing their crap. Others I've put into a separate list that I just visit once in a while- easier to scroll, roll my eyes and move back to the main feed lol.

One of my friends never use complete sentences on her status on FB. She uses 3 or 4 run on sentences on her status. No capital letters either. I think that is disrespectful.

Back