Mmm..more hearing people joining this AD

I have a convertible Mustang... but if I was in your area of Canada, I think I can only drive it 2 or 3 days out of the year. Rear wheel drive is fun in the snow, not so much fun when you really want to go somewhere.

donuts anyone? :giggle:

You brought back memories! Back in the 1950's when everything was rear wheel drive my dad used to skid a car on purpose to hear me squeal. We lived on a street that was oil & chip and no curbs. So . . . one time when we came home from the direction that put us across from where we lived he skidded the car landing directly in front of our house — we got out and went in. By the way he sold cars for a living so spent a lot of time in a car.

It was (and I think still is) the best convertible for the money! Obviously there is a bit of an opinion there. For a while it was the best selling convertible in the US.

Don't forget the hardtop (that might be the one for Sunshine).

Don't forget the hardtop (that might be the one for Sunshine).

Mine is an 06 mustang and I don't know of anyone that makes an after market hard top for it. HOWEVER.... if I do by chance ever visit Sunny, I will have to rent one! :)

Mine is an 06 mustang and I don't know of anyone that makes an after market hard top for it. HOWEVER.... if I do by chance ever visit Sunny, I will have to rent one! :)

I haven't kept track but for many years factory hardtops were available. In fact, where I live in S. Illinois, 60-80 miles east of St. Louis depending on where you measure from/to, I think I have seen more hardtops than convertibles.

Not a big Mustang fan myself, as I always think the 3rd generation Ford Mustangs are outrageously ugly but my car geek friends kept insisting they had better and stronger engines (also bigger).

On a bright side, Shelby Mustangs of the 1960s... :drool:

And 1966 Ford Mustang too!

It was (and I think still is) the best convertible for the money! Obviously there is a bit of an opinion there. For a while it was the best selling convertible in the US.

I have the opportunity to drive my Grandpa's 1965 mustang convertible. He has been wanting me to drive it, I just havent had the desire.

Red with white stripes. Sweet car. About 35k miles on it.

This is why I'm learning to drive stick, so I can drive my husband's 1964 Corvette. Oh yeah.

:D

Disclaimer: Not practicing in the Vette, (so car-lovers, you can breath easy) but in a 2011 Buick Regal. The Regal's engine is so smooth it's no wonder I can't hear the engine!

This is why I'm learning to drive stick, so I can drive my husband's 1964 Corvette. Oh yeah.

Disclaimer: Not practicing in the Vette, (so car-lovers, you can breath easy)
but in a 2011 Buick Regal. The Regal's engine is so smooth it's no wonder I can't hear the engine!

Whew! OMG I thought I was going to cry for a second there... My gf stated that she knows how to drove a stick shift... so I let her... :Ohno: suffice it to say, she refuses to drive my car again. whew.

You have a good point, I did not even consider what your perception of normal is. I'm sorry. I have a little trouble hearing myself, and though the tests came back 'normal' I ask what a lot and irritate people. It might be a problem with concentration but even when I am trying VERY hard to pay attention I miss things, and for the last several years have used subtitles. I guess normal is really subjective, isn't it?

You, my friend, are getting it!:wave:

Just being willing to say, "I did not consider from your perspective" is farther than most people ever get. They can't break out of their own little box long enough to even consider that another's perspective is different, and that the difference must be addressed.

I have the opportunity to drive my Grandpa's 1965 mustang convertible. He has been wanting me to drive it, I just havent had the desire.

Red with white stripes. Sweet car. About 35k miles on it.

Wow! A true classic! And only 35K? Amazing! Is he a collector?

Disclaimer: Not practicing in the Vette, (so car-lovers, you can breath easy) but in a 2011 Buick Regal. The Regal's engine is so smooth it's no wonder I can't hear the engine!

When did Buick start offering a stick in the Regal?

I come from the ancient perspective of the 1950's into the early '60's when my father sold Olds, Buick, Cadilliac (which I can't seem to spell tonight) and GMC truck. The only stick I can remember them having was along about 51 or 52 when there was a fire in the plant that made automatic transmissions and Dad sold one Olds with a stick in it. I was familiar with it from when it later got traded in. Then kinda followed GM since and only associated stick with Cheve.

Personally I started with a one afternoon drive when they had a Corvair come through the used car lot in the early 60's and I had asked my Dad to show me enough to get us back to town if I was ever with someone that got sick or hurt. That was all I had driven a stick until I bought a 1958 Cheve Delray in December of 1964. That car had been owned by one of the owners of a local trucking company where they did their own work on it. They put a truck spring on the clutch! And not from a pickup! One fun thing about it was to not tell a guys about that before they drove it and they would kill it every time when that clutch would spring back on them. Otherwise it was a pain to do things like hold it when getting caught on the up part of the subway under the railroad.

I've driven a standard all my life. I actually prefer it. I learned to drive on a 62 Ford Fairlane with 3 on the column.

My parents had two 65 Fairlanes. One white one wine.

My dad gave me only one shift driving lessons in his BMW. Guess he was afraid I'd ruin the transmission. I had to enroll myself in a driver's school at age 21 so I could learn to drive.

When did Buick start offering a stick in the Regal?

I come from the ancient perspective of the 1950's into the early '60's when my father sold Olds, Buick, Cadilliac (which I can't seem to spell tonight) and GMC truck. The only stick I can remember them having was along about 51 or 52 when there was a fire in the plant that made automatic transmissions and Dad sold one Olds with a stick in it. I was familiar with it from when it later got traded in. Then kinda followed GM since and only associated stick with Cheve.

We have the Buick Regal Turbo, definitely a sportier version with manual transmission. You're right, it is truly a rarity. GM brought a few Turbo's to the US from Germany - I'm assuming manual is more widely used in Europe?

My parents had two 65 Fairlanes. One white one wine.

This one belonged to my brother. It was white with red and white interior. I went from learning to drive his car to a Corvair with a stick.

Back