Mmm..more hearing people joining this AD

I'm actually thinking about buying a X5....

I'd love to have one of the new Thunderbirds. They are so retro looking. My all time dream car would be a restored '55 T-bird, but the new ones are close in appearance. Alas, can't afford the payments right now.

I love Toyota Celicas as well and I can see myself buying a Celica.

I can't afford it though :(. It would be cool to have a Lamborghini Gallardo covertible. *sniff*

Hey, we can always dream. I keep saying, "When I win the lottery, I'm gonna buy ________( insert item here). Problem is, I'm not going to win the lottery because I am too cheap to play!:giggle: I hate throwing money away on a piece of paper with some numbers on it, lol. Every now and then I'll buy a scratch off and figure it's my contribution to the school system.

My dad gave me only one shift driving lessons in his BMW. Guess he was afraid I'd ruin the transmission. I had to enroll myself in a driver's school at age 21 so I could learn to drive.

I never did take Driver's Ed. in high school. My dad had me sitting on his lap steering before I could reach the pedals. Then actually driving on back roads before I was old enough to get a license. Then they dropped using stick equipped cars for Driver's Ed. at our high school the semester before I would have taken it. We got to use his Olds demonstrators (he had two a number of years and a few three when people wanted the car he was using) like the family car so there would have been no insurance advantage for me to have taken it (the company carried more coverage than an individual could ever afford to carry).

I never did take Driver's Ed. in high school. My dad had me sitting on his lap steering before I could reach the pedals. Then actually driving on back roads before I was old enough to get a license. Then they dropped using stick equipped cars for Driver's Ed. at our high school the semester before I would have taken it. We got to use his Olds demonstrators (he had two a number of years and a few three when people wanted the car he was using) like the family car so there would have been no insurance advantage for me to have taken it (the company carried more coverage than an individual could ever afford to carry).

Lucky you. My parents refused to teach me how to drive.

Lucky you. My parents refused to teach me how to drive.

Welllllll Dad was used to doing it. They probably don't as much now as then but he started selling cars in the 1930's at least and part of getting some sales was teaching family members of those buying how to drive.

Welllllll Dad was used to doing it. They probably don't as much now as then but he started selling cars in the 1930's at least and part of getting some sales was teaching family members of those buying how to drive.

Ah. I wonder if any of them gave him heart attacks while he was teaching them how to drive.

Not a big Mustang fan myself, as I always think the 3rd generation Ford Mustangs are outrageously ugly but my car geek friends kept insisting they had better and stronger engines (also bigger).

On a bright side, Shelby Mustangs of the 1960s... :drool:

And 1966 Ford Mustang too!

Shelbys make me :drool: too.

I think this car is cool.

2011_mazda_mx-5_miata-pic-2610397414381181356.png

It's not very practical though.

Ah. I wonder if any of them gave him heart attacks while he was teaching them how to drive.

Nope! But the bottom dropped out of the car business during WW II and we moved to Twin Falls, ID where a guy who had originally lived where we did had started a jute (don't think I spelled that right) box service business (customer would insert coins to play records - part of service included changing the records in it) and asked dad to go in with him. He had problems that were thought to possibly be heart be it was later decided that it was altitude sickness. Twin Falls is down in the Snake River Valley and you can't go almost anywhere without going up into the mountains and maybe back down!

Nope! But the bottom dropped out of the car business during WW II and we moved to Twin Falls, ID where a guy who had originally lived where we did had started a jute (don't think I spelled that right) box service business (customer would insert coins to play records - part of service included changing the records in it) and asked dad to go in with him. He had problems that were thought to possibly be heart be it was later decided that it was altitude sickness. Twin Falls is down in the Snake River Valley and you can't go almost anywhere without going up into the mountains and maybe back down!

Juke box?

Back