Meds & the Pharmacy.....

I wouldn't count every time I pick up from pharmacy, however when it comes to controlled substance or something that you would get high, yeah that is when I would count.

For example, I won't personally count these like antibiotics as addict won't care for these medicines.

Hydrocodone (Vicodin) is something addict would try steal, grin.

Yes, because it's my neighborhood pharmacy. But I'm aware now of their "little game"....so if ever I do need a prescription again for pain, I'll go "inside", pour the pills out on the counter, and personally count them.

Well for someone like me who don't know much about drug world, I probably won't know which medicines are valuable and which one's not, lol.

Very easy, it should be labeled as controlled substance, and usually it would have label warning when working with machinery or drive, that is WHEN you know it is something Addicts would go after.

Well for someone like me who don't know much about drug world, I probably won't know which medicines are valuable and which one's not, lol.

Very easy, it should be labeled as controlled substance, and usually it would have label warning when working with machinery or drive, that is WHEN you know it is something Addicts would go after.

There are plenty of prescriptions that are not controlled substances in which a warning sticker for driving or operatine machinery risk is on the bottle. An easier thing to remember is if a pharmacy distributes any controlled substance to a customer ID is required.

There are plenty of prescriptions that are not controlled substances in which a warning sticker for driving or operatine machinery risk is on the bottle. An easier thing to remember is if a pharmacy distributes any controlled substance to a customer ID is required.

Hey Doug O

What is the name of that anti-inflam pack one takes it for 6-7 days and it starts with like 7 pills the first day and decreases by one each day???

The same Pharmacy (Walgreens) just recently arrested several pharmacy workers there for "pocketing" prescriptions....it had not crossed my mind that it would happen to me!

That doesn’t surprise me one bit. I have a pharmacy technician’s license, and believe me—some of the people who were in my class with me are the last people on earth you would trust around pharmaceuticals. One of them actually came to class drunk several times, and freely admitted that he smoked pot and drank to the blackout point every day. I even did a PowerPoint presentation on the subject of professional drug diversion as my class project—you can see it and read it if you’re interested:

Slides
Text

Even pharmacists themselves pocket drugs. Always count when you have a prescription for anything that can be abused, especially narcotics. A lot of those Walgreens employees were probably taking them to sell, not to use themselves.

Last edited:
That doesn’t surprise me one bit. I have a pharmacy technician’s license, and believe me—some of the people who were in my class with me are the last people on earth you would trust around pharmaceuticals. One of them actually came to class drunk several times, and freely admitted that he smoked pot and drank to the blackout point every day. I even did a PowerPoint presentation on the subject of professional drug diversion as my class project—you can see it and read it if you’re interested:

Slides
Text

Even pharmacists themselves pocket drugs. Always count when you have a prescription for anything that can be abused, especially narcotics. A lot of those Walgreens employees were probably taking them to sell, not to use themselves.

Absolutely true! I knew someone many years ago who was a pharmacy tech. He also was a drug addict and would steal meds from the store pharmacy itself. He had swiped a pad from his Dr. Then, he'd write a "prescription" myriad of meds, sign his Dr's name, and get the med. We're talking scripts for tussionex (a narcotic cough syrup) and several tranquilizers. He was also an alkie on top of this! We ended up drifting apart because his drug use was so bad and he didn't seem to want help. I don't know what happened to this guy, but I can guess he's either dead or in jail. He actually got caught stealing from the store he worked at and was fired. Might have been legally charged, but I can't recall.

Moral of story for everyone: If you're given a controlled substance, make sure you've got the right number of pills! There ARE some honest people out there, but there are also people out there who's only reason for being a pharm. tech IS the easy access to their drugs of choice!

Some examples of controlled substances:

Pain meds. (vicodin, percocet, codeine, ect)
ADHD meds (adderall, ritalin, ect)
tranquilizers (valium, xanax, ect.)
Muscle relaxers (Soma is a controlled substance in a number of states).

There are probably more, but these are the popular ones that comes to mind.

They're sucks at the chain stores for the RX meds.. because if they're not a RX licensed techies tends to steal the RX and hack the RX computers as the "Frauds" on the patient's insurances that's not good to steal a RX meds and hacked up the insurances..

I recommend go to the clinic RX or hospital RX it's better safer than chain stores. I don't trust any chain stores..

Park NIcollet never steal or hacked up on my RX accounts, they're a clinic that I go for every 3 months to check up before I pick the RX up at my clinic.

Just the other day, I had surgery on my hand, and the doctor gave me 20 pain pills....1 every 6 hours if needed for pain, (Hydrocodone).
I picked up the prescription via the drive-thru...and went home. I didn't need a pill until late that night when it started throbbing, so I took one...and finally fell asleep.

In the morning, I looked at the prescription bottle and it said "20"....I counted them and I only had 11 pills!

I keep all my meds in my dresser drawer....and called the Pharmacy to let them know that they had "shorted" me of 8 pills.....I got the "run around", and of course there was no way to prove it.

The same Pharmacy (Walgreens) just recently arrested several pharmacy workers there for "pocketing" prescriptions....it had not crossed my mind that it would happen to me!

Next time I have to pick up any prescriptions, I know to "count" the pills at the counter, in front of the worker who runs the customer service desk.

I just read this and that is good advice. Several years ago I broke three ribs while skateboarding and hyperextended my arm. I was in a lot of pain. I refused to go to the hospital but my roommate pretty much kidnapped me and took me to the ER. (There is nothing that can be done for broken ribs and takes months to heal - all you can do is wrap it).

They gave me a prescription for something and I can't remember what it was. I don't like taking any medication, its just an old habit.

However, I remember only taking 4 of the pain pills they gave me and it was super strong stuff. I remember some Gally students asking me if I had any left and offering to buy them for $100 a pill. I refused to sell them and remember thinking "WTF?"

im sezuire but i went to medicine shoppe for refill and prescription paper from dr

but im using medicare or medicaid all the times when im visit dr or hospital if i have problems they i have with my mom who is nurse have questionare..

Back