McCain Picks Palin!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 2 cents on the selection.....

one

Governor Palin appointed Wyvonne Martin Hill of Anchorage to a seat representing an organization that advocates for disabled Alaskans. Hill is an attorney for the Disability Law Center of Alaska, the federally mandated non-profit protection and advocacy agency for the disabled in Alaska. She has worked as a certified substance abuse counselor and has been a certified interpreter for the deaf, and she and her husband have a daughter who is deaf. Hill earned a bachelor’s degree in speech from McNeese State University of Louisiana in 1993, and a law degree from Louisiana State University in 2003

link to full artical

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/news.php?id=644

She also abused her office by getting a State Highway Patrol officer fired because she thought he was rude to her sister.

mccain probaly couldnt care less about Palin anyway. Looks to me like a strategical move to pick up hillary supporters away from the dems. Would YOU trust a former beauty pageant queen to help run the country? *smirk*

After reading about her I now wish she was the one running for president. She really knows how to get things done!

How would we know. This is her first term as Governor, and she is only 2 years into that term.

Governor Palin appointed Wyvonne Martin Hill of Anchorage to a seat representing an organization that advocates for disabled Alaskans. Hill is an attorney for the Disability Law Center of Alaska, the federally mandated non-profit protection and advocacy agency for the disabled in Alaska. She has worked as a certified substance abuse counselor and has been a certified interpreter for the deaf, and she and her husband have a daughter who is deaf. Hill earned a bachelor’s degree in speech from McNeese State University of Louisiana in 1993, and a law degree from Louisiana State University in 2003

link to full artical

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/news.php?id=644

The substance abuse counseling might come in handy, given who she is running with. Never know when Cindy might relapse.

mccain probaly couldnt care less about Palin anyway. Looks to me like a strategical move to pick up hillary supporters away from the dems. Would YOU trust a former beauty pageant queen to help run the country? *smirk*

LOL! "And my wish is for world peace and love!"

How would we know. This is her first term as Governor, and she is only 2 years into that term.

If you read the article to the link I posted, it shows a woman who knows how to pick people who are appropriate for the job and have skills to get the job done. Look at the qualifications of each individual and the list of appointees is very long. She rolled up her sleeves and got right to work.

She also abused her office by getting a State Highway Patrol officer fired because she thought he was rude to her sister.

Actually it is her brother-in-law that she tried to get fired from the position of State Trooper. Secondly there is still an on-going investigation into seeing if she abused her powers as Governor.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/08/29/palin_troopergate_scandal.html

I know that I have said that I was going to wait for the DNC and RNC to make my announcement of who I was going to vote for.

I went ahead and made up my mind as I am not impressed with the recent selection of Palin as VP.

I'm voting OBAMA!

Last edited:
Palin's a joke and McCain knows it.

At least all of the "inexperience" arguments against Obama are now voided with McCain's pick of someone far more inexperienced in Palin.

Except that I'm reading that most PUMAs (disgruntled Hillary supporters) will likely stay home instead of voting for either candidate.

Are you aware that Sarah Palin is pro-life? :)

Anyway.. wow, she have 5 children. son 18, daughter 17, 13, 7 and son 5-month.

Yes, she is Pro-Life.

Today, I read her oldest son is 19 years old, "She has a son serving in the Army. Palin's son Track, 19, is expected to be deployed to Iraq this fall"

She initiated an investigation on the incident and fired the person who made the call. She said the call was done without her knowledge.

straight_talk_express.jpg

What's left of the "Straight-Talk Express" after this. ;)

More information on Palin and "Troopergate".

Palin's first scandal began as family feud | ajc.com

The internal personnel investigation began in April 2005, long before Palin became governor and months before her October 2005 announcement that she was running for governor. The investigation into Wooten wrapped up in March 2006.

Troopers found four instances in which Wooten violated policy, broke the law, or both:

—Wooten used a Taser on his stepson

—He shot a moose without a permit, which is illegal. At the time he was married to McCann, who has a permit but never intended to shoot it herself.

—He drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.

—He told others that his father-in-law — Palin’s father, Chuck Heath — would “eat a f’ing lead bullet” if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

Wooten’s 10-day suspension was reduced to five after his union filed a grievance.

On July 28, the state Legislative Council, a bipartisan panel of senators and representatives, approved hiring an independent investigator to look into Monegan’s firing and any abuse of power. A few days later, retired prosecutor Steve Branchflower was named special counsel for the investigation, which he is currently pursuing by taking depositions from involved parties.

This month, as her administration gathered materials for the legislative investigation, Palin released a recording of a phone call in which one of her aides pressured a trooper lieutenant to fire Wooten. That contradicted her earlier claims that there had been no pressure. She said she was unaware of the conversation until the investigation uncovered it. She also disclosed that members of her administration had had about two dozen contacts with public safety officials about Wooten.

In the phone call, which was recorded by troopers, as they do routinely, aide Frank Bailey told the trooper lieutenant that Palin and her husband wanted to know why Wooten still has a job.

“Todd and Sarah are scratching their heads, ‘Why on earth hasn’t this, why is this guy still representing the department?’ He’s a horrible recruiting tool, you know,” Bailey told Lt. Rodney Dial.

Palin has put Bailey on paid administrative leave during the investigation. She said she never asked Bailey to make that call.

She has maintained that her decision to fire Monegan has nothing to do with Monegan’s refusal to dump Wooten.

The above was copied from the link you gave Byrdie. This officer sounds like someone who needed to be off the force. She apparently is trying to clean up the mess made by people who made bad decisions. But I'm glad this cop is gone.

I am so happy that McCain picked Sarah Palin for VP. She is very beautiful! I love her beautiful smile. I am sure that they will be great president than Obama and Biden. Sarah is the most experience in her own state than Liberal made up a liar about polar bear, against drill an oil.

Sarah Palin was a Pargent Queen of Miss Alaska long times ago. She is so bright as beautiful spirit ever I saw. She have a beautiful 5 kids. Her last son has down syndrome age 6 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back