Mayflower's Hamster Died

Sunshine, that animated .gif is perfect. Mayflower will love it when she sees it. :ty:

To be perfectly honest about it, we weren’t willing to spend hundreds of dollars for an operation on a hamster. It was Mayflower’s pet and she was fond of it, but the simple fact is that it was just a hamster. And as I already indicated, we attempted to euthanize her ourselves, but failed. We knew that it would cost $45 to have her put to sleep, because I had already called the vet and inquired about it. When the phenobarb didn’t work, we agreed that we would take her to the vet if it appeared that she was suffering. But she seemed fine up until a couple of days ago, and then she went downhill fast and quickly slipped away. I really already made all this very clear. I still cannot comprehend how you completed two undergraduate degrees.

You could have call me, I would have giving you $45 to put her to sleep or we animal lovers would donate to save her. Poor Maria.

sorry about Mayflower's loss of the hamster, may she rest in peace.

You could have call me, I would have giving you $45 to put her to sleep or we animal lovers would donate to save her. Poor Maria.

Can’t you read? We were willing to spend the money to have her euthanized. If she hadn’t died when she did, I most likely would have taken her in this afternoon. But she went from being a very active hamster to being a very DEAD hamster in an extremely short period of time—less than three days. Three days ago, she was still eating, building nests, and waddling up and down her little ramp. SHE WAS NOT IN PAIN. She basically just crashed and died all of a sudden. As soon as she stopped eating and became lethargic, we knew it was time and we tried to OD her on barbiturates. IT DIDN’T WORK. We would have taken her to the vet if she hadn’t died of her own accord. We did everything we could to make her comfortable in her last few hours. We built her a nest, and we kept her warm and quiet. What more do you want? She wasn’t Catholic, so we didn’t see the need for last rites. What should we have done—call the Make-A-Wish Foundation?

Now stop trolling in poor little Maria’s obit thread or I’ll start a collection to have YOU put to sleep.

Truly deep sorry about your lost love one....

Pet is always great memories treasured as stored it in your heart..

Sorry abt ur loss pet...

I know how u feeling thru.... hate to see loss pets....

I have 4 cats..I cant imagine..whenever they are gone.. it will break my heart ! !:tears: :tears:

M-:afro:

I'm sorry about your loss of your hamster, may Mayflower's Hamster rest in peace.

Awwww :( I'm sorry to hear about Mayflower's hamster being passed on due from cancer. May Maria rest in peace, she shall be missed. :hug:

Mayflower, :hug: Hang in there girl, I know what you're going through, I've been there myself, it took me a very long time to buy another pet after Maria, my hamster passed on.

We finally buried her yesterday. We laid her to rest inside her little purple plastic igloo house. Mayflower already has another hamster. His name is Hammy and he’s a cute little thing. This one is a long-haired golden hamster. When I get some time I’ll post a pic. :)

Aww Please tell your lovely wife, Mayflower that I'm truly sorry to hear about her hamster, I know what it like to lose a pet, and it's not a good feelings at all...

:hug: Mayflower :(

Thank you for your support and love. I thought it would have been easier than losing a dog, but it wasn't. I will cherish the memories and the pictures I have of her. She was my first hamster, which is why it was tough for me. My new hamster, Hammy is helping me with my loss. He is adorable. I will have to post a pic of him soon.

Thank you.
Love, Mayflower :ily:

Was that a fancy hamster? I have a hamster and she is black with white fur.
By the way, bless your hamster in peace.

Thank you for your support and love. I thought it would have been easier than losing a dog, but it wasn't. I will cherish the memories and the pictures I have of her. She was my first hamster, which is why it was tough for me. My new hamster, Hammy is helping me with my loss. He is adorable. I will have to post a pic of him soon.

Thank you.
Love, Mayflower :ily:

Aww yeah, same feeling exact, :hug: even my dad says it's only a mouse, but still she was my loveable pet. I do like that new name for your new hamster, hammy, it's cute what made you come up with a name like that? Does he look like a ham? :giggle: *Mwah*

Back