Man tattoos dog...

Lau2046

Reaction score
I think the only good that comes out of this story is that the guy's face is plastered over the internet....wish I could say the same for the Vet....

'My dog is cooler than yours!': Outrage as Tattoo inks love heart on sedated dog then BRAGS about it on Instagram

• Brooklyn artist Mistah Metro tattooed design on pet's shoulder
  • Dog was under anesthetic after having surgery when tattoo was done
  • Activists condemned actions as cruel and demanded pet be taken away
By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 18:38 EST, 5 March 2014 | UPDATED: 19:35 EST, 5 March 2014

A Brooklyn tattoo artist has been criticized by animal rights groups after he inked a design on his dog while it was sedated at the vet.

Mistah Metro, who works for NY Ink star Chris Torres, posted an image of his dog on Instagram, showing the animal still under sedation after having surgery.

But his tattoo has led to backlash online, with animal lovers condemning Mistah Metro for marking the dog for his own amusement.

article-2574267-1C12067F00000578-863_634x405.jpg
Whenever you see this image, tap to view all the images in a gallery
Ok

+4

Ink: Artist Mistah Metro tattooed a heart on his dog while she was under sedation after having an operation

Mistah Metro, who works at the Red Legged Devil tattoo parlor Torres opened after starring in the hit reality show, put a red heart with an arrow through it, and the names Alex and Mel, on his dog's shoulder.

In a boastful Instagram post, he wrote: 'One of the many reasons my dog is cooler than yours! She had her spleen removed yesterday and the vet let me tattoo her while she was under.'

Although it is not illegal to tattoo a dog, the ASPCA condemns the practice for anything other than identification purposes.

'Tattooing an animal for the vain sake of joy and entertainment of the owner without any regard for the well-being of the animal … is not something the ASPCA supports,' a spokesman for the group told the New York Post.
Torres, who has tattooed actors and musicians including Marky Ramone and Anna Paquin, also moved to distance himself from the tattoo, saying his shop played no part in it.

article-2574267-1C12067A00000578-527_634x194.jpg
+4

Post: Mistah Metro posted the picture on Instagram, explaining his dog had just had to have her spleen removed

article-2574267-1C1213E900000578-61_634x625.jpg
+4

Backlash: Tattoo artist Mistah Metro has been condemned for inking his dog

'The dog wasn’t tattooed at the shop - what [employees] do on their own time isn't my business,' he told the Gothamist.
Torres opened the tattoo parlor where Mistah Metro works, after the reality show he featured in came to an end. Clients pay up to $200 an hour to get a tattoo there.

Animal welfare scientist Emily Patterson-Kane, of the American Veterinary Medical Association added: 'We can't say a tattoo is going to do enormous damage to an animal, but we do look at whether a procedure is therapeutically necessary first - if it's not, that's not the vets goal.'

article-2574267-1C123ABC00000578-898_634x632.jpg
+4

Defense: Chris Torres, star of NY Ink and owner of the tattoo parlor where Mistah Metro works, says his shop played no part in the artist's actions

Many Twitter users were appalled by the tattoo, calling for the dog to be taken away from his owner and making threats against Mistah Metro.

'How does a vet let u tattoo ur dog while still under anesthesia?? Pic is either edited or you're sick & shouldn't have a dog!' @MTLCanadiensTV tweeted.
'I can't believe you're a tattooer and I genuinely hope you never work again,' another Twitter user, @xsylveon, said.

Here he is again:

Brooklyn tattoo artist inks own dog and posts photo on internet, sparking outrage

Mistah Metro revealed on Instagram that he gave his brown and white pooch a heart-shaped tat with an arrow through it and a ribbon around it reading ‘Alex’ and ‘Mel.’ The bodywork was needled onto the dog’s right shoulder while it was out cold in a veterinarian’s office.

Comments (42) By Erik Badia AND Bill Hutchinson / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, March 5, 2014, 6:30 PM

1​

Print Share This URL:

tattoo6n-5-web.jpg
Vine

Brooklyn tattoo artist Mistah Metro is under fire after proudly posting photos of work he did on his pet dog.

A Brooklyn tattoo artist is sparking howls of criticism after proudly posting the latest ink work he did — on his dog.
The artist, known only by his nickname Mistah Metro, revealed he gave his brown and white pooch a heart-shaped tat with an arrow through it and a ribbon around it reading “Alex” and “Mel.”
The bodywork was inked on the dog’s right shoulder while it was out cold in a veterinarian’s office.
“One of the many reasons my dog is cooler than your! She had her spleen removed today and the vet let me tattoo her while she was under,” Mistah Metro barked on Instagram.
The photo was republished on website Gothamist, triggering so much flack the tattoo artist took the photo down.
But just two hours after the photo vanished, it was posted again on Instagram by someone claiming to be mistahmetro7.
“Had to delete my account and make up another, some people just don’t appreciate anything! It’s an ANIMAL with a tattoo,” the poster bristled.
RELATED: CATE BLANCHETT, AMY ADAMS VISIT TATTOO PARLOR AFTER THE OSCARS

tattoo6n-1-web.jpg
Instagram

'One of the many reasons my dog is cooler than your! She had her spleen removed today and the vet let me tattoo her while she was under,' Mistah Metro barked on Instagram.

After attracting even more condemnation, the photo was taken down again Wednesday night.
Mistah Metro, who didn’t immediately respond to an email from the Daily News, works at Red Legged Devil, a tattoo shop in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn.
Chris Torres, the owner of the shop, refused to give out the artist’s name, but tried to distance himself from the controversy.
“Nothing happened at the shop,” Torres told The News. “The dog didn’t get tattooed at this shop. It has nothing to do with this shop whatsoever.
“I’d appreciate it if everyone left me alone,” Torres said.
But Torres took to Twitter to try to silence critics.
“You guys are aware that the ASPCA tattoos dogs & cats once they’ve spayed or neutered them, right?” Torres tweeted.
PHOTOS: WHEN BAD TATTOOS HAPPEN TO HOLLYWOOD STARS
tattoo6n-3-web.jpg
mrmetro777 via YouTube/YouTube

Mistah Metro, a Brooklyn tattoo artist, says he had his dog put under at a vet's before giving the pet some new body art.

Torres also shot back at those who slammed him for allowing Mistah Metro to keep working at his shop.
“People are still offered jobs after being pedophiles,” he said in an interview with Gothamist. “I don’t know why everyone is treating this kid like he raped a 12-year-old.”
But animal lovers bombarded Mistah Metro’s Instagram account with angry messages.
“Are you on crack? That’s f---ed up,” one commenter posted.
Another described the dog tattooing as “horrid."
“Seriously, it didn’t ask for it!” the poster said of the dog. “What kind of human would do that.”
On his website, MistahMetro.com, the artist describes himself as a New York native “in every sense of the word.”
“In his early youth Metro received much of his influence from watching his grandfather paint,” his website says. “He continues the family tradition in his own forms of expression. There seems to be no boundaries on the different mediums Metro uses on this artistic journey.”

I wish the dog could do the same to his owner and put a tattoo on the guy forehead saying " My Owner is a JERK!"

That's insane, and if it develops into a skin condition, the dog could bite and lick it incessantly risking open sores and all. :crazy:

That's insane, and if it develops into a skin condition, the dog could bite and lick it incessantly risking open sores and all. :crazy:

Yeah , it could get infected very easy , you know how dogs loved to roll around in gross things. That is animal abuse.

That's so messed up! :crazy:

wow. just when I thought I've seen it all. wow.

Sorry bout might be sounding ingorant but they do tattoo dogs for ID before microchip , same with ferret ears they also tattoo farm animals as well use hot iron to BRAND and sear the flesh?!?!?!

I dont see this any different than branding most horses and cattle and whatnots!

PLUS for this issue is it pointless to tattoo an animal in this fashion when all of the hair is gonna grow back?

Sorry bout might be sounding ingorant but they do tattoo dogs for ID before microchip , same with ferret ears they also tattoo farm animals as well use hot iron to BRAND and sear the flesh?!?!?!

I dont see this any different than branding most horses and cattle and whatnots!

PLUS for this issue is it pointless to tattoo an animal in this fashion when all of the hair is gonna grow back?

When I got my hearing dog Finlay I was told they used to put a tattoo on the dog ear but they stooped doing that b/c people that steal service dogs would cut the ear off . :( And when dogs are ID with a tattoo it's mostly some numbers that done under their hind leg where it can't be seen or get so dirty when it's healing. Dogs loves to roll around in dirt and dead animals
and when they do that they'll really get their shoulders right into the dirt or dead animal .

You need to re-read the article because the ASPCA addresses that. In humans, tattoos may be become infected and people may have an allergy to the ink which they can't know about until after they're tattooed and it becomes a nightmare when it happens; it is animal abuse to give them piercings and tattoos. Massachusetts is trying to make this practice illegal, Thank God. An animal doesn't exist for you to use as a billboard.

I've had a number of pure breeds in my day.
All had tats on them in the ear. Prior to me purchasing them. which is a standard practice. Or at least it was. Maybe that's changed
I'm not sure why that would be considering ok but this guy should be lynched
The wee pooch was under sedation and thus most likely felt no pain.
So I dunno im not sure im following the outrage here.

Wow.
(Lights cigarette inhales deeply, exhales some, In the shape of HOLY SMOKES)
Good to see you ohmylight
Wink

That vet should be investigated and shut down.

I would not want to bring my pet to a vet that allowed this to be done to a dog while down . We had a shady vet in the next town over and she is gone now. The office is under a difference name now.

I would not want to bring my pet to a vet that allowed this to be done to a dog while down . We had a shady vet in the next town over and she is gone now. The office is under a difference name now.

Why not.
Vets are qualified doctors to animals. If anyone should be present it is a vet. Vets put down animals every day, I don't see why sedating a dog for a tat is such a horrible dead
If the animal felt no pain I fail to see the outrage here.
Outrage is fine
But think critically about it though. What exactly is so so horrible about giving dogs tats when pure breeds receive them every damn day anyway
Is it that this guy was an artist rather then a business man selling dogs as chattel? As breeders do?
Where is the outrage founded here

Tattoos for identification is one thing; tattoos to satisfy a man's vanity is another. I'm totally against tattooing animals for decorative purposes.

But why?
It doesn't matter to the pooch? I we accept tats for id why not tats for art?
I'm just tryingt o figure it out that's all

Back