Man sets fire to home by microwaving socks, undies

rockin'robin

Reaction score
LONDON -- Note to self: A microwave is for leftovers, not your boxers.

British firefighters say they saved an apartment from destruction after its domestically challenged resident tried to dry his wet socks and underwear in a microwave oven.

The Dorset Fire and Rescue Service says firefighters rescued the man from his home and extinguished the kitchen blaze Monday.

The fire destroyed the appliance along with the two pairs of underwear and socks inside it, and caused smoke damage to the apartment in Weymouth, a town on England's southwest coast.

"The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them," the Dorset firefighters said in a statement.

Man sets fire to home by microwaving socks, undies | firstcoastnews.com

I knew a guy that almost had a fire from his toaster. The toaster was kept under the cabinet and the toaster got so hot it almost set the wooden cabinet
on fire.

I also had a client who daughter wanted to kill some fleas in her house so she set off 13 fleas bombs and when she got back home the house had blown up!
The woman did not turn off all the gas , there a warning on the gas too. That is one way to get rid of fleas !

I knew a guy that almost had a fire from his toaster. The toaster was kept under the cabinet and the toaster got so hot it almost set the wooden cabinet
on fire.

I also had a client who daughter wanted to kill some fleas in her house so she set off 13 fleas bombs and when she got back home the house had blown up!
The woman did not turn off all the gas , there a warning on the gas too. That is one way to get rid of fleas !

:laugh2:

A friend leaves a pan full of grease in her oven....and I told her that one day she might forget the pan in there...cut the oven on for baking or whatever, and the pan could catch on fire.....she ignored me anyway....so it really happened to her and her kitchen caught on fire...

Never leave dirty pans or pans full of grease in the oven....easily forgotton, and if you cut the oven on to pre-heat for cooking, it could catch on fire.

My parents were lucky they didnt get arrested for fire fraud..they set the house on fire b/c the house was in bad shape and the house was remodeled. :lol:

LONDON -- Note to self: A microwave is for leftovers, not your boxers.

British firefighters say they saved an apartment from destruction after its domestically challenged resident tried to dry his wet socks and underwear in a microwave oven.

The Dorset Fire and Rescue Service says firefighters rescued the man from his home and extinguished the kitchen blaze Monday.

The fire destroyed the appliance along with the two pairs of underwear and socks inside it, and caused smoke damage to the apartment in Weymouth, a town on England's southwest coast.

"The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them," the Dorset firefighters said in a statement.

Man sets fire to home by microwaving socks, undies | firstcoastnews.com
Stupid and gross.

My parents were lucky they didnt get arrested for fire fraud..they set the house on fire b/c the house was in bad shape and the house was remodeled. :lol:
You think that's funny? They absolutely should have been arrested for that.

Wirelessly posted

Some people do the oddest things lol

They should have been arrested for arson and insurance fraud. They should have hired demolitation people because you said the house was in bad shape. :roll:

You think that's funny? They absolutely should have been arrested for that.

Hey, I agree with ya.. I was very young at the time and had to camped out in my grandma's back yard on school nights. I had to get up at 4:30am.

They should have been arrested for arson and insurance fraud. They should have hired demolitation people because you said the house was in bad shape. :roll:

what I meant is in living room there was a huge hole in the ceiling b/c the shingles were very bad. someone in the family was very upset about it. :lol:

your parents are not happy what you just told everyone in public. :eek3:

Are you serious? or try to impress Rockin Robin about how cool are you?

Say '■■■■?.....:giggle:

I had to insert the censorship due to vulgar words.

I don't want Reba looks in it. :lol:

It is stupid to dry the clothes in microwave and the clothes are belong to dryer machine, not microwave.

on fire.

These people are fine candidates for Darwin Awards! ;)

Stupid is as stupid does!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe" ~ Albert Einstein.

When I was teenager, I tried to microwave the hamburger with aluminum foil and it went on fire so I tried to put on fire with bottle of water so had to threw the burned hamburger in trash. I cleaned the big mess and never put any aluminum foil in microwave.

There was other incident when I was young adult, probably 19 years old, I tried to soften the Blue Bonnet butter in microwave for making the cake but went on fire because it was wrapped with foil. I was like WHAT??? and had to buy butter that wrapped with wax paper that's microwave safe.

dscn0576.jpg

Back