Make me Deaf.

corkymp

Reaction score
Hey I am so excited to learn about Deaf communities and ASL. I would like to find someone who is willing to help me learn about all this and practice with me. I have a webcam and I can find some way to communicate with you, if you're interested please email me parryfamily6@live.com

:ty: SO MUCH!!!!

What was the title for? You want to be deaf? I don't think you do.

I think he means he would like to be part of the community because he thinks we're cool, not mean he wants to be deaf.

Yiz

i can see that he made lots of posts that obviously he is interested in being part of the deaf community. thats nice. corky, i hope you do read the whole threads so you would know what's going on this forum. :D

Corky is female, I looked at the profile picture.

Sadly she put her email address out. She will probably start to get scammers.

Blare music really really loud in your car (at maximum volume), and drive for about 12 hours and then maybe you'll be deaf.

Blare music really really loud in your car (at maximum volume), and drive for about 12 hours and then maybe you'll be deaf.

12 hours? too long. how about this - place firecracker next to your ear and.... well - call 911 before you do that :)

Loghead said:

12 hours? too long. how about this - place firecracker next to your ear and.... well - call 911 before you do that :)

:rofl2:

Deaf people are just like hearing people except they cannot hear fully. Some sign. Some do not. Some are cool. Some suck. There are nice deaf folks...and cruel ones. We're nothing more than just a group of people who has dealt with deafness one way or another. To generalize deaf people under one category is asking for some unpleasant surprises. ;)

In El Paso, a guy who was a tank mechanic in the Army lived down the street from us.

Apparently there was some explosion while he was standing on a tank. He ended up deaf, and the Army retired him on a disability.

So there is another option for the OP>

Oh no....now I feel kind of stupid =D yes I am a girl, and i just meant in "Deaf" as in part of the Deaf community, still hearing, just "Deaf". Yea I really really really want to actually sign with someone who knows the language fluently. I've only met deaf people once, they were nice even though someone had to translate for me at the time. And actually I havn't gotten any emails at all ( =[ ) so once again if you're bored just email me (PLEASE).

Stick around. It takes awhile to become a part of the community. And be prepared to reverse a lot of your thinking.:giggle:

Stick around. It takes awhile to become a part of the community. And be prepared to reverse a lot of your thinking.:giggle:

Hey! I swear she is right about Deaf. I know I am awesome. :lol:

Back