Make me Deaf.

If you still want to be deaf, just get a cochlear implant. For an extra $1000, they will install a “backwards” switch that will suck the sound out of your head and transmit it back where it came from. Very useful at times. My wife leaves hers on all the time when I’m talking to her.

The title of this thread keeps making me think it says I want to be dead.

If you still want to be deaf, just get a cochlear implant. For an extra $1000, they will install a “backwards” switch that will suck the sound out of your head and transmit it back where it came from. Very useful at times. My wife leaves hers on all the time when I’m talking to her.

:laugh2:

As u can see, we are weird people here. :D

why you, a healthy person, want to be a deaf?.
clear.gif

She wants to be culturally Deaf.

Besides, I am a healthy as a deaf person.

She wants to be culturally Deaf.

Besides, I am a healthy as a deaf person.

That make a lot of sense as hearing people love to be in the Deaf Culture and loving the ASL. I wish the AGB (Alexander Graham Bell) groups and Audists would do the same like her. There is nothing wrong with being deaf. And the problem is they have never experience what is like to be deaf. So what the beef? Lipreading is sooo hard and speech can be suck, too. If she want to be in our Deaf Culture, then that is fine with me. She is welcome to ours. Eh, guys? :hmm:

That make a lot of sense as hearing people love to be in the Deaf Culture and loving the ASL. I wish the AGB (Alexander Graham Bell) groups and Audists would do the same like her. There is nothing wrong with being deaf. And the problem is they have never experience what is like to be deaf. So what the beef? Lipreading is sooo hard and speech can be suck, too. If she want to be in our Deaf Culture, then that is fine with me. She is welcome to ours. Eh, guys? :hmm:

Sure it's ok with me, but I think we scared her away. She didn't expect us to make jokes. :)

Sure it's ok with me, but I think we scared her away. She didn't expect us to make jokes. :)

yeah i think so too. well we aren't the entertainment for ASL or Deaf Culture and those are our language to communicate. nothing else. if she is interested in getting to know each of us then she would have talk to us here on this forum. :dunno: apparently she thought asl/Deaf culture are some entertaining which it is not. It is a simply language of ours.

Back