Mac VS. Pc – The truth illustrated

Yup, that's right.

Everyone can get Mac if they want too, even Mac Mini is good price for low income families.

You know that I have Mac G4 desktop. I got free from our company.

Our company were not happy with Mac. Tired of freeze up or slow process. They was going to put in trash but I took it to home. Still need keyboard for apple.

G4 is pretty old like 7 years old. Need to clean inside case to less heat (avoid freeze and slow) , upgrade ram, and what OS version?

G4 is pretty old like 7 years old. Need to clean inside case to less heat (avoid freeze and slow) , upgrade ram, and what OS version?

I bet it's Mac OS 9. :lol:

Mac OS 9 and earlier Mac OS X (up to 10.3) are more buggy and issue than 10.4 and 10.5.

Power Mac G4 has been released in Jan 1999.

Neither machine is better than the other since both have advantages and disadvantages. Games and photography have become too popular for computers. MACs are highly rated for photography and graphic designing. PCs are highly rated for games. MACs have incompatibility issues and PCs have virus issues. MACs are limited for upgrades and customizations and PCs have merely unlimited options for upgrades and customizations. Both machines varies depending on what category you're lookin into.

MacPC.jpg

:lol: that is good one. True, i have one Macbook Laptop. I love mac. I feel i am very comfortable with my macbook. But, I have to more learn about strange word in English on mac, because I am a german ;)

Macs cost 3 times more than PC. :roll:

Not always, look at tech spec.

Dell XPS One is cost more than iMac.

Most gaming PC laptop are cost more as MacBook Pro.

It's depends on tech spec, all Mac use Core 2 Duo and other high end Mac use Xeon since PC use varies of CPU, such as Celeron, Pentium D, Core Duo, Xeon, Athlon, Sempron and Phenom, both of Celeron and Sempron are cheaper but very slow.

I would turn to Mac anytime if it has the 2 buttons-mouse for right-click (or left-click for left handers). Totally in a heartbeat but unfortunately, I'm used to PC. In fact, I do have a macbook but it's used once in a while when it comes to editing with pictures and/or videos. And also, some programs that are designed for Mac only like for instance: Pwnage which always releases first before WinPwn, a similar version with different codes for Windows. =P

So, I can't really choose Mac or Windows since they are two different system platforms. They do both have pros (strength) and cons (weakness). So they are good, depending on what and why I plan to use for. I would recommend Mac but again, I would still say go for Windows, too. On the safe side, let's just say get BOTH and the battle's over and OLD. It's nothing new. The rivalry between them just rekindled and started on competing against each other. Who knows, Mac accused Windows of stealing their ideas or was that Windows' ideas? You can dig in by researching, say, GOOGLE or yahoo, whatever engine search you are using. =P

:lol: that is good one. True, i have one Macbook Laptop. I love mac. I feel i am very comfortable with my macbook. But, I have to more learn about strange word in English on mac, because I am a german ;)

Your computer can convert into German texts instead of English. I am not sure about the keyboard. Maybe, you could buy a German keyboard from Apple store (??).

On System Preferences, select "International." Then, you choose "Deutsch." I think that you have to move "Deutsch" above the "English" in order.

Having used a Mac a few times at a college computer lab, I can tell you for sure that surfing with Safari is a major headache. The mouse would move in a weird way.

Plus, once Macs are popular, watch out for the hackers. They *will* find a lot of exploits and vulnerabilities, like they already did with Windows (but MS already put out fixes on the 2nd Tuesdays of every month).

Also, Mac OS X 10 upgrades and updates costs like 140 bucks per 10.x update. With Windows, it's like a service pack - and it's free. Sure you might go with that "But it have new features!" argument, but Windows service packs do that also. Win 2000 SP3 added that "Set Program Defaults" app, Win XP SP2 added a LOT of new features, albeit for free! Win Server 2003 SP1 also added a lot of new features - free. Win Vista SP1 - well that was a standard service pack, BUT it greatly improved the performance over Vista RTM.

I bet crApple Hack-intosh isn't as secure as they think - and they charge you money for that update. Ridiculous, I tell you .... sorry to be blunt.

Having used a Mac a few times at a college computer lab, I can tell you for sure that surfing with Safari is a major headache. The mouse would move in a weird way.

Plus, once Macs are popular, watch out for the hackers. They *will* find a lot of exploits and vulnerabilities, like they already did with Windows (but MS already put out fixes on the 2nd Tuesdays of every month).

Also, Mac OS X 10 upgrades and updates costs like 140 bucks per 10.x update. With Windows, it's like a service pack - and it's free. Sure you might go with that "But it have new features!" argument, but Windows service packs do that also. Win 2000 SP3 added that "Set Program Defaults" app, Win XP SP2 added a LOT of new features, albeit for free! Win Server 2003 SP1 also added a lot of new features - free. Win Vista SP1 - well that was a standard service pack, BUT it greatly improved the performance over Vista RTM.

I bet crApple Hack-intosh isn't as secure as they think - and they charge you money for that update. Ridiculous, I tell you .... sorry to be blunt.

I bet you did use Safari 1 or Safari 2, Safari 3 gave a big performance improves over previous generation and faster as FF3, in case, Safari is faster than FF3 on some websites.

OS update at 10.X has nothing to compare with SP update at most time, Apple is always update 10.X.X at no charge to fix the bugs, stability issue and performance improve since 10.X is biggest update, much bigger than just SP, Update from 10.4 to 10.5 is very huge change with new 300 features but SP for Windows is just fixes the bug, performance improve and small new feature. Upgrade from 10.X to 10.X is closely compare to from XP to Vista but nowhere is same.

In last 7 years ago, upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 is free due alot of bugs and newly first OS based on UNIX, after that, it's cost $130 for upgrade from 10.2 thorough to 10.5.

For security, Mac OS X isn't anywhere like closer to Windows due UNIX based and more security, such as you will asked for password to install or something is hidden or weird.

Today, I checked memory and OS. They have 1 GB memory and 9.x verision.
I am not sure how to find how much Mhz?

One thing, I complain about Mac's mouse does not have roll scroll and two buttons.

I like my PC's mouse with extra buttons and roll scroll. One left side blue button for backward. Mac Mouse is too limited!
logitech_mouse.jpg

Macs cost 3 times more than PC. :roll:

assumed too much?

Never heard of price/performance ratio?

Toms hardware is my favorite since 2001. I always trust on it. It's good web site.

I would turn to Mac anytime if it has the 2 buttons-mouse for right-click (or left-click for left handers). Totally in a heartbeat but unfortunately, I'm used to PC. In fact, I do have a macbook but it's used once in a while when it comes to editing with pictures and/or videos. And also, some programs that are designed for Mac only like for instance: Pwnage which always releases first before WinPwn, a similar version with different codes for Windows. =P

So, I can't really choose Mac or Windows since they are two different system platforms. They do both have pros (strength) and cons (weakness). So they are good, depending on what and why I plan to use for. I would recommend Mac but again, I would still say go for Windows, too. On the safe side, let's just say get BOTH and the battle's over and OLD. It's nothing new. The rivalry between them just rekindled and started on competing against each other. Who knows, Mac accused Windows of stealing their ideas or was that Windows' ideas? You can dig in by researching, say, GOOGLE or yahoo, whatever engine search you are using. =P

Mac already have more than two buttons for mouse in long times ago. Also there is four buttons.
softwareprefs120060718.jpg

"Service Pack" is big joke and never fixed anything like Windows XP have issue with bluetooth for connection to keyboard and mouse it keeps lags and Vista have issue with transfer speed after SP1. I installed over 100 computers with Vista SP1 for drivers to copier/printer and Vista take 5 mintures to done and Windows XP take 10 seconds to done. What the fuck? "SP" is big joke again.

Read this.
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/software...d-upgrade-hell-or-onestop-shopping-233540.php

"Service Pack" is big joke and never fixed anything like Windows XP have issue with bluetooth for connection to keyboard and mouse it keeps lags and Vista have issue with transfer speed after SP1. I installed over 100 computers with Vista SP1 for drivers to copier/printer and Vista take 5 mintures to done and Windows XP take 10 seconds to done. What the fuck? "SP" is big joke again.

Read this.
Windows Vista vs. Mac OS X Leopard: Upgrade Hell or One-Stop Shopping

So sorry to tell you, but in my case Vista SP1 has improved for me, even the transfer speeds.

Maybe it's your comps' configurations. Mine does the transfer *in a snap*, literally.

One thing, I complain about Mac's mouse does not have roll scroll and two buttons.

I like my PC's mouse with extra buttons and roll scroll. One left side blue button for backward. Mac Mouse is too limited!
logitech_mouse.jpg

Your Power Mac G4 must be 7-9 years old, it means you are very behind on future of new tech on Mac.

Mac does have 4 buttons mouse now, it has been since few years ago.

You can find MHz speed via System Profiler in Mac OS 9, check out this link for help to find it.
http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=70

Just let you know, Mac OS 9 is more buggy, unstable and security holes, you can buy Mac OS X Tiger (full version) on ebay if you have slower than 867 MHz on G4, if faster than 867 MHz then go buy Leopard, Mac OS X is much more stable and better performance over Mac OS 9.

Mac OS 9 is just very legacy OS now, Apple ended the support for Mac OS 9 in 2002.

So sorry to tell you, but in my case Vista SP1 has improved for me, even the transfer speeds.

Maybe it's your comps' configurations. Mine does the transfer *in a snap*, literally.

Well, I have minor bugs on Vista after SP1, such as game disc was unable to autorun after watch DVD movies, Aero issue (it went flash and changed into dull blue window) and Windows update issue (it stopped working in random time, both of them could fix via looking for solution by MS without any reboot but DVD/CD issue aren't, I have reboot my computer to get work so normal.

logitech_mouse.jpg

Are you blamed to Mac because it's limits and and outdate Os 9. How come you don't blamed to M$ for Windows ME (outdate)?

I own G7 exactly same one and it's work fine with my macbook.

Keep complain about outdate OS and outdate hardware. :roll:

Let me complain for you. Why PC don't have 360 scroll ball button?

Like that.

index360scroll220050802.gif

Read again. Do you believe I owned 100 computers? Oh please. They are my customers at over 100 different locations. They own Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba,custom computer, etc..

http://www.alldeaf.com/computer-isp-programming/52228-slow-file-copy-delete-move-vista.html
Read this and how come you dont help RichardDeaf to solve the problem? If do then explain what's cause issue?

RichardDeaf is IT for many years and he own powerful computer than your computer and still issue with transfter.

He said,
This issue has been reported since Vista was rolled out to public.. Even Vista SP1 didnt fix that!

His computer spec is

2.4Ghz Quad Core CPU
GeForce 8800
4GB RAM
1TB Drive
BluRay Writer.

I thought SP1 fixed but I was wrong.

logitech_mouse.jpg

Dang, you looking at the ancient computer. How come you didn't look at PC with Windows ME with frickin cheap CPU?

Back