Mac VS. Pc – The truth illustrated

I was surfing on Google, and found another Mac clone unexpectedly. The Apple Company gave up to sue this company, Psystar, because of a patent issue.

What do you think of these two Mac computers?
Psystar Corporation - OpenPro Computer

The prices are a lot cheaper than the Apple's prices. But, what are the pros and cons?

Mac does have 4 buttons mouse now, it has been since few years ago.

You can find MHz speed via System Profiler in Mac OS 9, check out this link for help to find it.
Mac OS 9.x - Gathering System Information

I forget that my father has mouse with smallest scroll roll

Thank you for point at MAC's system profiler.

Are you blamed to Mac because it's limits and and outdate Os 9. How come you don't blamed to M$ for Windows ME (outdate)?

Keep complain about outdate OS and outdate hardware.

Let me complain for you. Why PC don't have 360 scroll ball button?

index360scroll220050802.gif

Smile.... I never install regular Win ME verison at our home computers.
Once, I had BETA Win ME then I think Windows ME is gay or queer. I prefer Win 2000 over Win ME.
Right now, I use Win XP Pro and Vista Ultramate.

I would not buy Apple - MAC is over price than PC.
Most time, I build my own PC system since 1977.

Sorry, I am not interested in 360 scroll ball button due to my rheumatoid arthritis. I prefer comfortable with my size of hand and less stress.

My hands and all joints (from jaw to feet) are fine just careful with my rheumatoid arthritis since Mother Day 2002.
Last Mother Day 2002, I got serious rheumatoid arthritis. Very pain, hard time walk up/down stair, hard time to get in car or get out from car, hard time with toilet paper to clean my ass. That's not funny. I never forget what happen.

Macs cost 3 times more than PC. :roll:

I agree.... My personal, I would love to buy Apple Mac laptop (notebook) but still over price. Not worth to lost my value in next 5 years. We have two laptops for under $400 (Core Duo) with 2mb memory and 120gb HD. (one for myself and one for my foster daughter)

I will not throw my money away (money into toilet then flush)

If brand new Mac laptop $500. I will take it.

Many time, I checked at The Apple Store (U.S.)
Still too higher price for me. Not worth to buy overprice laptop or desktop at apple.

darkage, you don't realize that Mac OS X is more than half cost than Windows.

And you want cheap computer which mean, it running slow-poke CPU, lack hardware and fade-out keyboard after spent more time to typing

I forget that my father has mouse with smallest scroll roll

Thank you for point at MAC's system profiler.

Smile.... I never install regular Win ME verison at our home computers.
Once, I had BETA Win ME then I think Windows ME is gay or queer. I prefer Win 2000 over Win ME.
Right now, I use Win XP Pro and Vista Ultramate.

I would not buy Apple - MAC is over price than PC.
Most time, I build my own PC system since 1977.

Sorry, I am not interested in 360 scroll ball button due to my rheumatoid arthritis. I prefer comfortable with my size of hand and less stress.

My hands and all joints (from jaw to feet) are fine just careful with my rheumatoid arthritis since Mother Day 2002.
Last Mother Day 2002, I got serious rheumatoid arthritis. Very pain, hard time walk up/down stair, hard time to get in car or get out from car, hard time with toilet paper to clean my ass. That's not funny. I never forget what happen.

I agree.... My personal, I would love to buy Apple Mac laptop (notebook) but still over price. Not worth to lost my value in next 5 years. We have two laptops for under $400 (Core Duo) with 2mb memory and 120gb HD. (one for myself and one for my foster daughter)

I will not throw my money away (money into toilet then flush)

If brand new Mac laptop $500. I will take it.

Many time, I checked at The Apple Store (U.S.)
Still too higher price for me. Not worth to buy overprice laptop or desktop at apple.

Sorry about your rheumatoid arthritis.

Enough with assume please. There is no $400 for Core Duo. Where you get it from? I am sure it's AMD which cheaper.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo, Laptops / Notebooks, Laptops & Accessories, PCs & Laptops

Lower price for Core 2 Duo is $700 for BRAND NEW.

Don't forget Macbook do have bluetooth, Wireless N, and built-in webcam.

If you want PC with bluetooth, wifi N, and built-in webcam then cost over $1k.

Newegg.com - 13.1" - 13.3", Yes, Yes, Yes, Intel Core 2 Duo, Laptops / Notebooks, Laptops & Accessories, PCs & Laptops

I believe some of you miss the link that Boult posted.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/08/07/toms-hardware-says-apple-and-pc-prices-are-equivalent/

To the average user, that seems true -- if you go to, say, a Best Buy or a Circuit City, and look at the Macs they're selling versus the seemingly equivalent PCs they're selling, then yes, you're seeing higher pricetags on the Apple stuff. But when Tom's lays out what you get out of each computer, the prices are generally the same. In fact, they even build an equivalent Mac Pro, and there's only a $5.67 difference.

Are you blamed to Mac because it's limits and and outdate Os 9. How come you don't blamed to M$ for Windows ME (outdate)?

I own G7 exactly same one and it's work fine with my macbook.

Keep complain about outdate OS and outdate hardware. :roll:

Let me complain for you. Why PC don't have 360 scroll ball button?

Like that.

index360scroll220050802.gif

Actually mostly we just click on the left button of mouse and hold it, moving it about. But that only work on specific programs like Google Earth, anyway.

lol.... lol..... mac vs. pc.... it just never ends... All I can say is ]mac and pc are different tools for different situations. PC is keyboard-oriented which is why it's suitable for business/programming environment. and Mac is mouse/movement-oriented which is why it's suitable for graphic design/game development/etc.

I like both mac and PC. I like Linux too. Hell I have all 3 computers! :laugh2: NUFF SAID!

Actually mostly we just click on the left button of mouse and hold it, moving it about. But that only work on specific programs like Google Earth, anyway.

I'm able to use left button and hold to make Zoom in/out and rotate on Google Earth on Mac. Hmm... Why bother saying that?

I'm able to use left button and hold to make Zoom in/out and rotate on Google Earth on Mac. Hmm... Why bother saying that?

Re-read The_Highlander's quote above my quote that you provide in your last post.

lol.... lol..... mac vs. pc.... it just never ends... All I can say is ]mac and pc are different tools for different situations. PC is keyboard-oriented which is why it's suitable for business/programming environment. and Mac is mouse/movement-oriented which is why it's suitable for graphic design/game development/etc.

I like both mac and PC. I like Linux too. Hell I have all 3 computers! :laugh2: NUFF SAID!

Agreed! I love OSX for laptop, I like Windows 2008 for desktop, and I like Linux for server and play around. Nothing to wrong with that. I like Windows 2008 over Vista.

Agreed! I love OSX for laptop, I like Windows 2008 for desktop, and I like Linux for server and play around. Nothing to wrong with that. I like Windows 2008 over Vista.

Windows 2008?? What's that? Gotta google it! unless you meant WinXP

Plus, once Macs are popular, watch out for the hackers. They *will* find a lot of exploits and vulnerabilities, like they already did with Windows (but MS already put out fixes on the 2nd Tuesdays of every month).

Also, Mac OS X 10 upgrades and updates costs like 140 bucks per 10.x update. With Windows, it's like a service pack - and it's free.
I bet crApple Hack-intosh isn't as secure as they think - and they charge you money for that update. Ridiculous, I tell you .... sorry to be blunt.

The OS X package cost $129.00 for one computer unless you want to install it up to five computers which cost 199.00. (At first, I thought it was 99 dollars for one computer.) It is only charge you for each full version. Sub-version is free for the updates.

I agree with you that any hackers could do that on Mac and IBM PC. I would say that it is even now. I was told that there is no major hack on Mac so far yet. But, I am sure that the Apple refuses to reveal the information.

Off the subject, on the news, Steve Jobs has a prostate cancer recently.

Apple Store (U.S.) - Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard

ah-ha.... you meant windows server 2008... interesting choice for desktop purpose. why?

The OS X package cost $129.00 for one computer unless you want to install it up to five computers which cost 199.00. (At first, I thought it was 99 dollars for one computer.) It is only charge you for each full version. Sub-version is free for the updates.

I agree with you that any hackers could do that on Mac and IBM PC. I would say that it is even now. I was told that there is no major hack on Mac so far yet. But, I am sure that the Apple refuses to reveal the information.

Off the subject, on the news, Steve Jobs has a prostate cancer recently.

Apple Store (U.S.) - Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard

Ever since OS X first came out in 2000 or 2001, there is still not a single virus among the millions of OS X users to this day. Only a couple harmless malware so far, but they were only to show that it could be done. But they were via Safari which since then has been fixed.

The reason why Windows is so vulnerable is because Internet Explorer is built so deep into the core of the system. On OS X, Safari is a standalone application that has nothing to do with the Finder.

Internet Explorer is the reason why it's so easy to attack the PC users.

Ever since OS X first came out in 2000 or 2001, there is still not a single virus among the millions of OS X users to this day. Only a couple harmless malware so far, but they were only to show that it could be done. But they were via Safari which since then has been fixed.

The reason why Windows is so vulnerable is because Internet Explorer is built so deep into the core of the system. On OS X, Safari is a standalone application that has nothing to do with the Finder.

Internet Explorer is the reason why it's so easy to attack the PC users.

no it's because there are more than 90% of market are window users. what incentive is there to create mac virus when there are too few mac users? But now mac market is expanding so expect to hear some major breach news anytime soon.

Back