Love

S

SoundWave

Anyone can define the 'Love'?
My neice asked me this question today.

SoundWave said:
Anyone can define the 'Love'?
My neice asked me this question today.

How old is your niece? The definition of love is very relative.

meggie.. this is funny cuz when i saw this a few minutes ago.. i asked myself the same qq too! i wouldnt be surprised if she was between 5-10 yrs old.. am i right, soundwave? :)

There is a great book I highly recommend (though it is for older than 5 or 10) called "The Art of Loving" by Erich Fromme. If you are trying to understand love, or learn how to love better, it is a great place to start. Plus it is short!

It is funny cuz I just asked my 9 years old what the define the love?

He says "When a person who thinks the world of that person, and wants to marry that person that is a define of love"

I said to him, What about Mommy who loves you very much does that mean I wanna marry you?

He says "No, That means you stuck with me rather if I am bad or good" LOL!!!

Cheri said:
It is funny cuz I just asked my 9 years old what the define the love?

He says "When a person who thinks the world of that person, and wants to marry that person that is a define of love"

I said to him, What about Mommy who loves you very much does that mean I wanna marry you?

He says "No, That means you stuck with me rather if I am bad or good" LOL!!!
Hahaha, that is funny but true.

I strongly believe that while some of us have a definition of love from a very young age, others spend their whole lives searching for it. Not to say they're unloved, but perhaps they haven't been exposed to it as much as those who have no trouble defining it. It isn't an overnight thing - it is quite complex to some while easy for others. Children, though - have that unconditional love that I really admire.

Meg

She is 15 years old. She want to know what love means because her first boyfriend asked her,

Just my thought for Soundwave!

"Love" is a multifaceted word, difficult to define because it means many things to many people. We cannot say that love is only one thing, this thing or that thing. Despite the fact that even Freud could not define Love, we offer you our thoughts about what love means.

Love can be defined as a warm attachment, enthusiasm or devotion; an unselfish, loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another. When viewed with the goal of world peace in mind, this definition fits very well. As does the explanation that love is compassion, kindness, caring, politeness, listening, positive offering, allowing, understanding, accepting, giving, and smiling. Love is the reason for creation.

Love is one of the most pure and beautiful feelings/emotions/experiences of life; what you experience creates your definition of Love. When love is experienced, it is learned, it then can be expressed in our subsequent conduct in this world, thus becoming our own definition of Love.

I would have to say that "love" is something that can't be defined perfectly nor can it be measured. That's the problem that many couples have. One will ask the other if he loves her. When he says, "yes"... she will then ask, "how much?" Of course, it ends up not being "enough" for her. :roll:

Malfoyish said:
I strongly believe that while some of us have a definition of love from a very young age, others spend their whole lives searching for it. Not to say they're unloved, but perhaps they haven't been exposed to it as much as those who have no trouble defining it. It isn't an overnight thing - it is quite complex to some while easy for others. Children, though - have that unconditional love that I really admire.

That is so true. It is easier to understand love if you have been loved as a child . . . and for those who weren't well loved, they struggle to understand it. Some can learn -- and others maybe never quite find their way.

Its a powerful statement for why good parenting is necessary.

Back