Love or hate your job?

Jiro that is true here. Have son who is emt. Works a few days and off a few days.

Jiro that is true here. Have son who is emt. Works a few days and off a few days.

While it is nice to work few days on and few days off... I don't envy their schedule because it's either at nite or daytime. Your sleeping cycle can get screwy! :dizzy:

yea especially nighttime .. 12 hours shift for 3 days on and 3 days off. i kinda like that schedule better than 5 days on, 3 days off 2 days on 3 days off 5 days on... thats too confusing lol

but that really screws the sleep cycle up big time.

I love my job! :P

I love the people that I work with, the things that I learn, and the way the work keeps my mind challenged. The pay isn't bad either. :)

The things I don't like are the commuting (very stressful), and the uncertainty of employment. I never know if I will have work from one semester to the next. Sometimes I go all summer (three months) without a pay check. :(

I love my job for the most part. I hate being short-handed and being on my feet for 12hrs. I also hate working weekends. I love helping people and meeting new people.

I am in the similar bangwagon with DieHardBiker, I started in a shit job (which I still have it today) worked there for 3 and half years, (now 5 years) I moved into an apprenticeship ingo the australian government, and now, still there nearly 3 years later... and won't be looking for another job as my position is permenant. I am a I.T Officer. I love my job :)

I love my job because I am learning something new everyday. I love the English language since, I was a kid! Being interpreter knowing the English benefits what you are interpreting, especially, when big words are being spoken. I am an educational/freelance interpreter, each client I encounter with has different background than the other.

Hate is a strong word, I would prefer to use dislike, what I dislike about my job is when the hearing people ask me, Can he/she read lips? Can he/she hear? Its more of a work pet peeve.

I really love my job as a part time encoder on the net. i work at home and i really like it. I can work anytime I want anyplace no boss to monitor me

I guess I could say that I Love my job.
As an avid cave explorer my job is leading guided tours through a commercial cave (Ruby Falls in Chattanooga TN). It's easy work relatively speaking. Basically walking about 1 1/8th mile with each tour and about 3 tours a day.
Once in a while I do tours in Sign Language whenever a tourist is known/seen to be deaf (seen i.e. signing while waiting for a tour above ground). That makes my bosses love ME because I'm offering something "unique" to the public and helps them accommodate ADA regs as far as accommodations for the Hearing Impaired.
Basically the job is overall easy with an occasional hard day of physical labor when I'm asked to do some maintenance work in the cave based on my experience. Everyone is really good to work with and they are a bunch of great and often times funny group of people.
The pay is minimum wage but I also get tips (*ahem* hint to deaf groups wanting to visit... :giggle: ) which can be quite good on some days or so-so on others. Either way... I don't have to report them to the IRS.. heh heh. :naughty:

I love my job because I am learning something new everyday. I love the English language since, I was a kid! Being interpreter knowing the English benefits what you are interpreting, especially, when big words are being spoken. I am an educational/freelance interpreter, each client I encounter with has different background than the other.

Hate is a strong word, I would prefer to use dislike, what I dislike about my job is when the hearing people ask me, Can he/she read lips? Can he/she hear? Its more of a work pet peeve.

I know so many people who HATE their jobs with a passion. Yep, it is a strong word but if that's the case then those people have strong feelings about their jobs. I know this one lady who works on the assembly line...she comes home with swollen hands and feet. She hates her job so much to the point where she is desperate to find an excuse to get fired.

I worked for Jack int he Box for 3 years...I hated it so much because my hands would constantly get burned by the frying oil, I would stink of fried food and I was always so bored that one minute felt like an hour.

I know so many people who HATE their jobs with a passion. Yep, it is a strong word but if that's the case then those people have strong feelings about their jobs. I know this one lady who works on the assembly line...she comes home with swollen hands and feet. She hates her job so much to the point where she is desperate to find an excuse to get fired.

I worked for Jack int he Box for 3 years...I hated it so much because my hands would constantly get burned by the frying oil, I would stink of fried food and I was always so bored that one minute felt like an hour.

I was the same way with my job as a mail clerk at an Intermodal. I hated that job.

No comment on the grounds it might tend to incriminate my boss.

Yes, you are right some people do hate their job. I just made a choice to my reply to use dislike , personal preference, is it ok?

I had my job before and loved it! I enjoyed it. I am now forward to seek a new one in another state. :)

i love my job so much! im enjoying every piece of it..i love the people i work with and my boss, she is very fine and good lady..:P

I love my job. I hate gossip and bad weathers especailly drive on black ice and snow on the side of road.

yes police/EMT/nurse do work 12-hrs a shift but they work 3-4 days a week, I believe.
not bad compare to my husband's old job. Three shifts, 7 days of gravyard then two days off then 7 days of day shift then one day off then 7 days of swing shift then 4 days off. Then start all over again after 4 days off. Of course he missed his old job. oh well.

I know this is an old thread but I am a-bumping it!

I absolutely adore my job, I help the (legal term) 'developmentally disabled' lead independent lives. I assist them in finding jobs and homes. I teach them how to budget money, shop wisely, etc. It is a huge accomplishment for me when I help them not need me anymore LOL. I work in the ILS field (independent living services) not the SLS (supported living services) field which makes all the difference in the world.

I look forward to working every single day, sometimes I get paid merely to watch movies with them O_O I could get paid to go to strip clubs BUT I pass that up! But seriously, who gets paid to go there? Cushy job indeed!

Know whats an even better job? Being a Mommy!

And... that's all folks!

P.S. Will have new clients any day now so I wont be online as much, don't worry :P

Yes, you are right some people do hate their job. I just made a choice to my reply to use dislike , personal preference, is it ok?

Oh sure...I thought you were telling us that hate is a strong word to use to apply to our jobs. My bad. :D

I'm really hate my job due too many bosses, strict sick leave policy, some bosses are pure asshole and some are really dumb because I asked them about need set the price tag and they said don't know, that embarrassed me and really lousy pay, not enough for comfortable life needed.

Back