Lock the debate threads?

Magatsu said:
Honestly... I think it is time for us to have two separate subforums (Spiritual and Christianity) under On-topic Debates to resolve this problem.

So you christians can discuss whatever you want... while we, spiritual people can discuss whatever we want without having to deal with yours or you have to deal ours.

Thus, the problem is solved (probability - 90%)
An interesting concept. However, what is to prevent "Spiritual" people from posting in "Christian" threads, or "Christian" people posting in "Spiritual" threads? And what about atheists? Where can they post?

Knowing the nature of people's personalities and strong opinons, I doubt that the heated debate problem can ever be fulled resolved. We just have to learn to live with it.

Simple solve with Admin. or Mod. via PM if you feel it's not right. See either they lock your thread temporaily or permenatly.

Reba said:
An interesting concept. However, what is to prevent "Spiritual" people from posting in "Christian" threads, or "Christian" people posting in "Spiritual" threads? And what about atheists? Where can they post?

Knowing the nature of people's personalities and strong opinons, I doubt that the heated debate problem can ever be fulled resolved. We just have to learn to live with it.
You have a good point but about atheists, they can just post in On-topic Debate forum, not these subforums?

I think that problem will never solve until we find a solution to resolve this problem. Until then, certain topics will always be locked in certain timeframe.

I don't like the idea for Christianity and other for Spirituality.

We need to start of the "Religious Debate Thread."
All people can post under Religious Debate thread but it focus on the Relgious topic that's all.

We need to involve everyone so we can understand other people's view. Remember this, the Religious topic is always hot and sometime out of control but it is normal thing.

Crazymanw00t said:
I don't like the idea for Christianity and other for Spirituality.

All people can post under Religious Debate thread but it focus on the Relgious topic that's all.

We need to involve everyone so we can understand other people's view. Remember this, the Religious topic is always hot and sometime out of control but it is normal thing.

But I want to discuss Buddhism or Sufism etc. That is not Christianity. That is Spirituality. I dont want to get bashed if I post about what I believe in in Christianity Thread because they will tell me it is NOT Christianity to begin with and run me out.

Also, it should not be all about Debate. I want to discuss, not debate because it gets me nowhere.

Meg said:
But I want to discuss Buddhism or Sufism etc. That is not Christianity. That is Spirituality. I dont want to get bashed if I post about what I believe in in Christianity Thread because they will tell me it is NOT Christianity to begin with and run me out.

Also, it should not be all about Debate. I want to discuss, not debate because it gets me nowhere.
Beautiful statement :thumb:

Crazymanw00t said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you there Crazyman is because when I started on with a poll to have a Religious forum being added here in AD is because I did not want to see any Religious threads under debate forum, Religion should not be something to debate about, it should be respected no matter what they may believe in, every person believe in different types of Religions, and ALL belief should be R E S P E C T period!!!

At that time when I set that poll up I thought it was going to be a Religious forum where we can discuss whatever belief it may be as long it not to debate against one another for however they choose to believe in...If the Christianity is going to be under the debate forum then I want absolutly no part of it because I only want to be able to discuss it not to debate against the views and beliefs that may be different from my own....Now, I'm having second thought about this whole thing!....It such a shame when people can't respect others for what they believe in... :(

^Angel^ said:
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you there Crazyman is because when I started on with a poll to have a Religious forum being added here in AD is because I did not want to see any Religious threads under debate forum, Religion should not be something to debate about, it should be respected no matter what they may believe in, every person believe in different types of Religions, and ALL belief should be R E S P E C T period!!!

At that time when I set that poll up I thought it was going to be a Religious forum where we can discuss whatever belief it may be as long it not to debate against one another for however they choose to believe in...If the Christianity is going to be under the debate forum then I want absolutly no part of it because I only want to be able to discuss it not to debate against the views and beliefs that may be different from my own....Now, I'm having second thought about this whole thing!....It such a shame when people can't respect others for what they believe in... :(

You got it very wrong. Debate is something that a person and other person discuss of their different views and gain the knowledges from other's views. It has nothing with the "Respect." Debate is not a place to conquers other people's views. It is a place to share the views / experinces / opinions / feelings / thoughts / ideas / plans / etc. It is also other place to challenge some of views from others. Some of them may not agree and they expresses their views and that may made you think that they disrespect you. That is something you need to think about it.

Do you want a example of real debates? Did you watch the President's debate and that is the debate. Both express the views and they rebuttal to each other for their views. Some were disrespect and other were respect comments. Bush and Kerry had emotional fight over their debates and it is normal.

What I am trying to say to you ^Angel^, maybe you aren't used to the real debates. Therefore you may thought some of comments disrespecting you but they were doing the "rebuttals" or "challenges your views" to you. Otherwise you may really dislike that comments and you labeled them as disrespect to drive them out of your way but actually they were fine. It is normal for everyone to do like that.

------

I am saying that I do not support the idea of one thread for only Christianity and other thread for other religious. But to have whole religious into one thread so all other religious people can debate with their views. For example, Abortion is not SIN and that thread should be inside the Religious Thread because it focus on the issue with the SIN.

Other suggest for this website to make it look nice and at same time it acts like little of Nazi's system.

You could ban all religious topic on this website.

Many other Forums and they bans all religious topic to prevent debates on their forums. It works for them.

That's my .02 cents.

I get what Angel's saying; maybe the words "Opinion", "My Belief(s)" should be inserted so that it is understood what is within......

World POPClock Projection

According to the International Programs Center, U.S. Bureau of the Census, the total population of the World, projected to 2/9/05 at 0:01:17 GMT (2/8/05 at 7:01:17 PM EST) is

SOURCE FOR Population

AND in this WORLD:

Religious ARE NOT only for Christains But just remember there are SOO MANY DIFFERENT type of religious in christains as well.. Here's the Link:

Major Religions of the World

rel_pie.gif

These are in SAMPLES why I avoid Religious because I can't change PEOPLE"s Beliefs in their own religious or so.. I don't mind to learn YOUR religious but I refuse LET people CHANGE ME or MY FAMILY into different religious.. So Everyone is Different DAILY!!... Why can't WE ALL Just back off a bit, don't try to change on some of us or quote from the bibles because some people seek in different beliefs... that probably explain why so many locked up or some posts removes.. that is IN MY OPINIONS!

Last edited:
Debates are fine as long as there are no name-callings or bashing. Plain and simple.

If a debate thread is closed it was done for a reason, or the creator of the thread asked for it to be locked.

Crazymanw00t said:
You got it very wrong. Debate is something that a person and other person discuss of their different views and gain the knowledges from other's views. It has nothing with the "Respect." Debate is not a place to conquers other people's views. It is a place to share the views / experinces / opinions / feelings / thoughts / ideas / plans / etc. It is also other place to challenge some of views from others. Some of them may not agree and they expresses their views and that may made you think that they disrespect you. That is something you need to think about it.....

How am I very wrong in this Crazyman, all I've ever seen so far is bashing, insulting, namecalling other members just cause they believe in something else OR they may not believe in something you believe in, like I said, what happened to the " respect " ?....That something YOU would need to think about...

I am still standing on what I said above, any types of Religious should not be under the debate forum...I'm not going to sit down and watch members going back and fourth at eachothers and letting a flame war started, only if someone was holding a pack of matches :giggle: ...

Ok I understand your view.

I have a small debate with that logic issue of "the word of respect" for you.

One of group that is very aganist to the homosexual's way. They supports to call them fag or whatever. With the homosexual's side and they said it is very disrespect thing to call homosexual. Conclusion: the anti-homo group said that the word of fag is proper thing to label for homo people because they are satan's soliders or whatever. Therefore you will have two different views on one word with "fag." One say it is proper label and other say it is disrespect label.

How does that relate with my topic? All debates will have same problems with that kind thing looking at how express words for their believes / views / or opinions.

Back