Little House on the Prairie

michael landon i afraid was piss artist and came on set as piss as newt many times,but was good.You can read laura ingliss books they very good

I don't like that show. =X

Isn't it strange that you do watch all of 1980's tv shows?

little house was 1970's very sugary like the waltons but as each story was true and base on her life..the story of laura parents was amazing and worth getting dvd out
laura thought her stories were unintresting so they no got published until she old woman her daughter was the one who pushed it....
if you want sentimental cry for an hour then well worth watching

I enjoyed watching all the seasons of LHOTP (1974-83). It was a good program. My daughter and I also read the Wilder's books.

little house was 1970's very sugary like the waltons but as each story was true and base on her life..the story of laura parents was amazing and worth getting dvd out
laura thought her stories were unintresting so they no got published until she old woman her daughter was the one who pushed it....

exaclty why i am not into the sentimental cry for many hours. LOL I am into thrilling, adventure mysterious anc comical movies.

Yeah, I think even the part about Mary's blindness and being sent to a blind school was true too..... If I remember correctly, it has been a long time.

Also, someone mentioned Pam Dawber (Mork and Mindy). Todayis her birthday.... 62! That surprised me a little.

The girl Nellie Oleson from the "mercantile" store makes me want to pull her hair, she's so mean to Laura.

I looked on amazon.com for the books. I think it will be a nice Christmas gift for myself. :)

The girl Nellie Oleson from the "mercantile" store makes me want to pull her hair, she's so mean to Laura.

I looked on amazon.com for the books. I think it will be a nice Christmas gift for myself. :)

she not in the end

When the town gets phones she eavesdrops on everybody.

Not really, when you consider our ages. Those shows repeated a lot too because of popularity so even if you didn't grow up when they were on, you got to see them: The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dike Show, The Bob Newhart Show, many of the Disney stories were from the 50's and 60's. Golden Girls had that kind of following with young children too because it was just funny. When you think of the garbage they call television now - why wouldn't you watch shows from this era....it just doesn't exist on this level anymore.

Not really, when you consider our ages. Those shows repeated a lot too because of popularity so even if you didn't grow up when they were on, you got to see them: The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dike Show, The Bob Newhart Show, many of the Disney stories were from the 50's and 60's. Golden Girls had that kind of following with young children too because it was just funny. When you think of the garbage they call television now - why wouldn't you watch shows from this era....it just doesn't exist on this level anymore.
I saw all those shows on their first run. Sometimes I see them syndicated now. I enjoyed them as originals, and now I enjoy them as classics.

I also enjoy black and white classic horror and mystery movies from the '30's, and lame science fiction movies from the '50's, not to mention cheesy semi-classic vampire/horror movies from the '60's. :lol:

I've enjoyed the silent classics since I was a teen. It was harder to actually view them at that time but I cherished them. The way light and shadow was used . . .

Sorry, I was digressing.

I saw all those shows on their first run. Sometimes I see them syndicated now. I enjoyed them as originals, and now I enjoy them as classics.

I also enjoy black and white classic horror and mystery movies from the '30's, and lame science fiction movies from the '50's, not to mention cheesy semi-classic vampire/horror movies from the '60's. :lol:

I've enjoyed the silent classics since I was a teen. It was harder to actually view them at that time but I cherished them. The way light and shadow was used . . .

Sorry, I was digressing.

I personally loved "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" with Michael Landon, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Creature Double Feature. I don't know who'd remember that series as it was unique I think for New England but I think Kung Fu Cinema was before that....those shows were a blast....:D

I personally loved "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" with Michael Landon, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Creature Double Feature. I don't know who'd remember that series as it was unique I think for New England but I think Kung Fu Cinema was before that....those shows were a blast....:D
Yep. When I was kid/teen the only time they showed those movies was late Friday and Saturday nights. It took dedication to stay up and watch them, especially since they were very grainy and poor quality on our family's rabbit-eared TV. :giggle:

I've started watching this show which is old from the 1980's and in re-reuns, but I really like it. It's about pioneers who settled in a tiny town called Walnut Grove in Minnesota. One thing that bothers me is the women wearing skirts and petticoats under their dresses when it's so hot out! Why why why?? Anyway, it's a very sweet show. Have you seen it?
That's how it was years years ago. Remember, as time goes by... less clothing is considered the norm. Women used to have to cover up as much as they could. They even wore super-sized hats that would partially cover their faces if they were to tilt their heads forward. Some places even had their version of "white man's bling-bling" where women would wear super-sized dresses (so big they can't fit through a normal doorway) while wearing super-tight corsets.

Guess so. I grew up watching almost all of those shows except little hose on the prairie. Golden Girls is my all time favorite tv show for years.

Back