Letterman regrets last week’s show, apologizes to wife on tonight’s show

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread needs to get locked and you need to get locked up at ward institution too.

:locked: :locked: :locked:

:lol: Time to put this thread into a straitjacket.

2v1nul0.jpg

*it's a pix of characters from Sesame Street singing "MAHNA MAHNA DO DO DO DO DO DO"

Not talking about ratings. I'm talking about how he won't be doing any of this making fun of other people's infidility as a joke on his show.

you really don't know Letterman, eh? of course....you've never seen his show. I can easily tell you that he will do so. that's letterman to you.

I think showing us that famous people do make mistakes and are not perfect is a nice dose of reality. While I don't celebrate in their mistakes and misfortune I can bring them to a level that is more human and know in spite of my mistakes as a human I will get through them one way or another, much like Letterman. It's how we learn from our mistakes and others.

There is nothing wrong with talking about headlines, isn't that what this section of the board is for?? Or did I miss the boxing ring sign somewhere? Expessing opinons is what talking is all about, personally attacking isn't talking or contributing, it's just plain old mean. How hard is it to just ignore a topic you would rather not know about or ignore a poster's topic that you obviously have a beef with? Some people actually enjoy the topics being brought up and would like to discuss them but find the threads littered with personal attacks and fighting, kinda defeats the purpose of the board. To have a different opinion is one thing but name calling and belittling the OP for his interests like I said is just plain old mean and getting quite old. Some of these topics are quite interesting to some but become stale when we see the same ol same ol fight going on, there fore making the board stale too. just my .02 not that it counts for much around here as a lurker.

Exactly. So true. We're all human but it sure didn't help his wife. It's easy to talk about the person making the mistake but people do not realize the consequences of their actions on their spouses, their families, friends, acquaintences and so on. It's rather a very selfish thing Letterman did.

Yep, I agree whole-heartedly about going off topic and such.

you really don't know Letterman, eh? of course....you've never seen his show. I can easily tell you that he will do so. that's letterman to you.

Yep. Used to watch Leno, Colbert, Mercer, Letterman, King and O'Brien in unviesity every night while I was doing my homework. Definitely his style.

Prefer Colbert and Rick Mercer though...

Leno...once in a while. Colbert...rarely but he has a way with words. Letterman? Well, his actions speak that.

Exactly. So true. We're all human but it sure didn't help his wife. It's easy to talk about the person making the mistake but people do not realize the consequences of their actions on their spouses, their families, friends, acquaintences and so on. It's rather a very selfish thing Letterman did.

Yep, I agree whole-heartedly about going off topic and such.

ok discussion's over. he's a selfish pig who cannot keep the snake in his pants. done!

time to lock this up! :)

:naughty: thanks for pix!

Does kokonut expect everyone to be perfect, or what? Even the Olympian gods have their flaws...

He certainly does not have that expectation for self. Perhaps he should begin there.

Hey, Souggy, no one is perfect. Though there is a time and place to know right from wrong.

Olympian gods? Well, that's nice when trying to compare myths versus reality. You do know they're mythical imaginations, right?

And Dave will have to deal with this, and yes, life moves on, But I can guarantee you he won't be making any jokes about other people infidility since he now tasted it with bad repercussions.

That's good. He has learned from his mistakes. Shame that some on AD aren't as bright.

Kokonut has appointed himself arbitrator of all that is good and virtuous. Apparently, that does not include the Greek and Roman* gods. Never mind that Greek civilization is the basis of all Western civilization.

*You may recall that the Romans adopted the Greek gods and renamed them. Constantine adopted Christianity as part of the Holy Roman Empire during the decline of the Roman Empire. The Emperors knew that the Roman Empire was declining and it was useful to turn attention to the afterlife instead of the here and now.

Kokonut has appointed himself arbitrator of all that is good and virtuous. Apparently, that does not include the Greek and Roman* gods. Never mind that Greek civilization is the basis of all Western civilization.

*You may recall that the Romans adopted the Greek gods and renamed them. Constantine adopted Christianity as part of the Holy Roman Empire during the decline of the Roman Empire. The Emperors knew that the Roman Empire was declining and it was useful to turn attention to the afterlife instead of the here and now.

Evidently, the history of Western Civilization was not a part of his college education.

I think showing us that famous people do make mistakes and are not perfect is a nice dose of reality. While I don't celebrate in their mistakes and misfortune I can bring them to a level that is more human and know in spite of my mistakes as a human I will get through them one way or another, much like Letterman. It's how we learn from our mistakes and others.

There is nothing wrong with talking about headlines, isn't that what this section of the board is for?? Or did I miss the boxing ring sign somewhere? Expessing opinons is what talking is all about, personally attacking isn't talking or contributing, it's just plain old mean. How hard is it to just ignore a topic you would rather not know about or ignore a poster's topic that you obviously have a beef with? Some people actually enjoy the topics being brought up and would like to discuss them but find the threads littered with personal attacks and fighting, kinda defeats the purpose of the board. To have a different opinion is one thing but name calling and belittling the OP for his interests like I said is just plain old mean and getting quite old. Some of these topics are quite interesting to some but become stale when we see the same ol same ol fight going on, there fore making the board stale too. just my .02 not that it counts for much around here as a lurker.

Exactly. Problem is when the table is turned, they don't like it when "their" celebrities are the du jour topic of the day. And so, they get all hissy and personal in the course of this process. We look at their mistakes and realize he's human. The Sanford case discussed in AD went on for days but it was under the guise of political and govt irresponsibility. Accountability and personal responsibility are a topic often discussed here when it involves celebrities and politicians. Letterman will have to put up with this because he made his own mess, he'll have to walk in it for now.

:lol:

Usually people percieve gods as perfect, yet the most famous ones (the gods of ancient Greece) were just imperfect beings with human-like traits and behaviours, with supernatural power, who are immortal; so they are still imperfect.

Hell, I recall one account in Philosophy whereabout how ancient medicine started, and the class recited a piece that Homer wrote about Hades being wounded in battle and had to tend to it, even though he is immortal.

That's a nice little history review but this is about Letterman. Let's not get personal here, I appreciate your effort in this.

Exactly. Problem is when the table is turned, they don't like it when "their" celebrities are the du jour topic of the day. And so, they get all hissy and personal in the course of this process. We look at their mistakes and realize he's human. The Sanford case discussed in AD went on for days but it was under the guise of political and govt irresponsibility. Accountability and personal responsibility are a topic often discussed here when it involves celebrities and politicians. Letterman will have to put up with this because he made his own mess, he'll have to walk in it for now.

Sanford case was entirely different, expecially given the charges and sanctions against him for illegal use of government funds. Again equating politicians and entertainers. We keep telling you that they are not the same thing, but you are so suck up Limbaugh's rear end that you can't understand the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back