Let's be honest

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Have you (ever) lied or given a half-truth about yourself, who you are or what you do - online to a forum, or chatroom, email, so on?

Do you think you are more likely to lie or give half-truths to people you don't know (internet) or people you know (family, friends) via internet than in real life?
Have you noticed or seen someone else who lied online?

You don't have to post if you don't want to share, but I thought it was an interesting topic.

tumblr_mkx00qPXpR1rkk59qo1_500.jpg

You decide.

Ether, we want to make entertainment or keep their private without reveal that he or she is Bill Clinton or Allison Bynes.

Or just being show off what they're not really are...

I yam who/what I yam....however,,there are some things I don't or would not reveal....

You don't know everything about me, but everything you know is true.

Nah I've never lied nor would I. I'm probably a little too free with the truth probably lol. But when you always tell the truth you don't have to try to remember anything ;)

The only thing about me that isn't "real" is my screen name.

Like Botts, what I post about me is true but I don't post everything there is about me.

As a younger kid, yeah. These days, no. I am what you see.

I have posted truth and have at times revealed too much.

I give away TMI..that is my honest truth!!

anyway...yes, I give everything with my honest words even though that I giveaway sarcastic or giving away their belief of being gullible...

But this is who I am.....

Have you (ever) lied or given a half-truth about yourself, who you are or what you do - online to a forum, or chatroom, email, so on?

Do you think you are more likely to lie or give half-truths to people you don't know (internet) or people you know (family, friends) via internet than in real life?

You don't have to post if you don't want to share, but I thought it was an interesting topic.

What's there to lie about lol :P

ive always told the truth and same sometimes share too much...also not sure if people have picked up on it but my username was changed a few months ago due to a stalker..most people should know me old screen name from my posts ... :)

All the time. You see... I am the Matrix.

What's there to lie about lol :P

On this other forum I was on for 10 years, (since 2003), there was this one active member who made a duplicate account and pretended to be a girl.

That guy pretended to be a younger 20's girl and talked a lot with the forum members over 1-2 years and established an identity. Because he got 'hit on' from other members on his girl account (attractive fake photo) he made an online relationship between his main account and his separate account like they met in real life relationship and got together.

Later on, we think that he got tired of faking his duplicate account, the guy posted on his main account that the girl got killed in a car accident. When he posted photos of her as 'internet memorial', he used photos of someone else (some random girl) on the internet and someone on that forum recognized the girl in those photos and busted him. Needless to say he got banned for awhile but he was let back after confessing and sitting out several years.

I used to lie about myself when I on the internet in the early days, where it was cool to look cool online back in the 90s. I was acting like a punk kid, said stuff and pretend to act big and tough and get people to challenge me.

After being on a long time though, ever since 1994-1995 on dialup, over the years I just realized it's easier to be myself than act to be something I am not, definitely not in real life. Honesty's always the best policy!

On this other forum I was on for 10 years, (since 2003), there was this one active member who made a duplicate account and pretended to be a girl.

That guy pretended to be a younger 20's girl and talked a lot with the forum members over 1-2 years and established an identity. Because he got 'hit on' from other members on his girl account (attractive fake photo) he made an online relationship between his main account and his separate account like they met in real life relationship and got together.

Later on, we think that he got tired of faking his duplicate account, the guy posted on his main account that the girl got killed in a car accident. When he posted photos of her as 'internet memorial', he used photos of someone else (some random girl) on the internet and someone on that forum recognized the girl in those photos and busted him. Needless to say he got banned for awhile but he was let back after confessing and sitting out several years.

5874DD9728431EEF98F07BE273260_h316_w628_m5_cRXjydPCX.jpg

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/CB/5874DD9728431EEF98F07BE273260_h316_w628_m5_cRXjydPCX.jpg
Yeah, exactly, something like that guy. That one was messed up, I still think he had a play in it. People these days sure like to fake a lot more than in the past.

Back