Let's be honest

How do you know we're telling the truth in our responses?

You can't change the past.
Everything takes time, and time reveals how real are people on forums or turns in the fakes.

You can't change the past.
Everything takes time, and time reveals how real are people on forums or turns in the fakes.

I will say this... I am a member of three boards and on all three boards I know a lot of people on them. Well... this one being the least known but I am new here so... the other two... been a member for a decade and they are both local forums. This one is worldwide but the community is still small enough for some of us to know some others. I don't know anyone here directly but many of us know somebody who knows somebody.

Being a person who interacts with the members from his board in real life... there's no lying.

Unless background checks are made or you know someone very well personally, then some things said are speculative with the exception of referenced articles.

Hadn't considered the thought of knowing someone in real life on the same forum. I've met several active posters here, maybe around 5-10?
Yeah, it would make no sense to lie when I know they'll read my posts.

Have you (ever) lied or given a half-truth about yourself, who you are or what you do - online to a forum, or chatroom, email, so on?

Do you think you are more likely to lie or give half-truths to people you don't know (internet) or people you know (family, friends) via internet than in real life?
Have you noticed or seen someone else who lied online?

You don't have to post if you don't want to share, but I thought it was an interesting topic.

What about yourself, have you done this???

For me I just can't lied myself because of big brother is watching me. Of course they won't find out until if I get busted for doing something wrong, they will trace the history of communications everywhere on the internet to find if I lied. If they find that I lied to someone then I'll be "not trustworthy" in trial. But what find in one quote..."Telling the truth is easier to remember than lie"

Yes but in my defense I didn't realize I was that good looking.

Back