learning sign language

Tamra McKee

Reaction score
Hi, I have been learning sign language, I Would like to meet some people who are willing to help me learn more, I am self taught from a deaf friend, but have not seen her for awhile, I live in Northern Kentucky, I am a mom of 5 and a wife.

I heard of a story about two women talking in sign language to some men. One woman was trying to tell everyone she was hungry in sign language but she was new at it. So instead for signing "she is hungry " she signed " I am
hony !" Her friend tried to tell to stop , with her elbow . The men were very interested !

:wave:Hello and welcome to AD, I am "re learning" sign language from twenty years ago and I don't think it's any easier, like starting from the bottom. So stop by and say hello anytime and enjoy your visits here!:cool2:

As a mother of 5 - how in the world do you find the time???? I am sooo impressed. I have 5 also, but got 2 with husband - ha!

Oh - Welcome to AD!

Hi...!!

i am new here...i have always liked sign language. But because i dont have any friends who know sign language, i don't have anyone to practice with me. So i dont dare to start up the course.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, Tamra Mckee and Jun iii. I hope you both have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Welcome Tamra and June_iii

I've been teaching myself ASL online thru LifePrint.com and also I use ASLpro.com and SigningSavvy.com. I also need practice conversing in ASL... learning from a book or online is just not the same. LOL

Lauren

:welcome: to AD! Have you checked out any Deaf events in your area?

i heard of a story about two women talking in sign language to some men. One woman was trying to tell everyone she was hungry in sign language but she was new at it. So instead for signing "she is hungry " she signed " i am
hony !" her friend tried to tell to stop , with her elbow . The men were very interested !

wtf....

Back