Laundry

Laundry

• Hang clothes outside in summer time/dryer in winter time?

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Use Dryer in summer and winter time? Why?

Votes: 51 58.6%
  • Hang clothes outside during summer and winter time instead of Dryer? Why?

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters
Thank you for make list of your utilities used.

AnnyGuy said:
Ok, my water/sewer/trash isn't included that I'm not paying for these. I pay electric & gas, it comes together as one on same bill.

Here it goes:

Account Charge - $10.72
Del Chg - Company Supplied Gas 23.00 @ $.13355000 $3.07
Gas Charge 23.00 @ $.76775982 $17.66
Total Service Amount $31.45
State Gas Revenue Tax $0.55
Municipal Charge $0.97
State Commerce Commission Tax $0.03
Total Tax Related Charges $1.55

Gas used per KWh, Gallon or cbm?

Meter Reading
Previous - 36209
Present - 37311

Reading Difference

Total Engery Charge 300.00 KWH @ $.07707000 $23.12
Total Engery Charge 802.00 KWH @ $.05947000 $47.69
Account Charge - 1 Phase $8.41
Instrument Funding Charge 1,102.00 KWH @ $.00910000 $10.03
Instrustment Funding Charge Credit -$10.03
Total Service Amount $79.22
Municipal Charge $3.87
State Electricity Excise Tax $3.64
Total Related Charges $7.51

I work out to compare your monthly bill with my annual bill.

You used 1,102 electricity KWh per month which means is you only pay 0.08 cent per KWh including tax/charges , that is terrible cheap than mine... I paid 0.22 cents per KWh including tax/charges.

You used electricity KWh too much than me.

I will work out on your Gas used only if you give me which used, you have KWh, Gallon or cbm per Gas.

GalaxyAngel, your post about utilitiy used is bit confused... I will try again... Can you please type and copy the list of your bill written then I can work out how much you used per KWh..

GalaxyAngel said:
:hyper: ~you're cheaper than mine..

*howl*
*howl*
you said annual a year cost comes in the bill... I figured 687.20/12 mos = 57.26 per monthly payments..

Really Cheap! I want that...

Here's
Natural Gas:
Gas @ 29.5000 c/M3= $121.28
Transportion to Gas @ 5.1630 c/M3= $ 21.23
Storage @ 0.9544 c/M3= $ 3.92
Delivery to you @ 5.6161 c/M3= $ 15.76
Delivery to you @ 5.6287 c/M3= $ 7.33
Monthly Charge @ $ 14.00
Total $183.54

Electric:
Summer Block 1 0.058000 360 $20.88
Summer Block 2 0.067000 112 $ 7.48
Winter Block 1 0.050000 288 $14.39
Delivery $34.26
Regulatory Charges $ 4.96
Debt Retirement Charge $ 5.18
Other Charges
overdue interest Charge: $ 4.79
Your Water/Sewer Charges:
Distribution Charge Water $14.50
Sanitary Sewer 2006-02-01 1.200000 54 $64.80
Storm Drainage 2006-02-01 $ 5.84
Water Charges 2006-02-01 0.726500 54 $39.23
GST (Good Sales Tax)15% $ 6.10
Total $222.41

GAS/Electric total together: $405.95/mo average mostly up to $500.00

Expensive.. compare Germany is reasonable price!

See what I work out for GuyAnne because he added how many KWh he used per month.

I didn't see in your post how much KWh you used per month. Could you please write down how many electricity KWh you used per month, Gas (KWh, cbm or gallon) per month, also Water/Sewer as well then I can work out for you how much you used per month to compare with my bill...

Liebling:-))) said:
See this example:

t851005kd.jpg

You hang your underwears outside? Everyone would know what color panties you wear. :whistle: Even President Bush. :giggle:

No it is not sucker.. I don't mind doing laundry.. I was raised to do my own laundry.. .

Since I live in a apt so not suitable to hang clothes outside. so I use dryer in the laundry center on the complex.

But when it comes to owning a house, of course I will use washer and dryer. no need to hang clothes. since newer dryer are more advanced and economical.

When I watch tv commerical, I do drool somewhat when I see ads about dryer.. they looks awesome. oh well. :D

Cheri said:
You hang your underwears outside? Everyone would know what color panties you wear. :whistle: Even President Bush. :giggle:
LOL when I was in Holland (Netherlands) The rental we lived in (rented by my former company) only have a washer that is in the kitchen! right under the stovetop! No there is no oven just microwave/minioven yeah kitchen is small but that is different story.. so anyway...

since there is only washer in the house so we have to hang them dry. I won't do it outside so I dry them in my room right by the window. that for whole 6 months! I make sure I wash them more often or I won't have any room to hang eh..

Boult said:
LOL when I was in Holland (Netherlands) The rental we lived in (rented by my former company) only have a washer that is in the kitchen! right under the stovetop! No there is no oven just microwave/minioven yeah kitchen is small but that is different story.. so anyway...

since there is only washer in the house so we have to hang them dry. I won't do it outside so I dry them in my room right by the window. that for whole 6 months! I make sure I wash them more often or I won't have any room to hang eh..

You don't have dryer??

volcomskatz said:
You don't have dryer??
The house that my company rented in Aalsmeer, Netherlands (near Schipol Airport) does not have dryer... just washer) so I used a portable clothesline I use to put my clothes to dry..

Here at home in my apt in tucson, there is no washer/dryer hookup so I had to walk to the apt complex's laundry building.

Boult said:
The house that my company rented in Aalsmeer, Netherlands (near Schipol Airport) does not have dryer... just washer) so I used a portable clothesline I use to put my clothes to dry..

Here at home in my apt in tucson, there is no washer/dryer hookup so I had to walk to the apt complex's laundry building.

Same here, I have walk to 1st floor building, that where laundry room was located or go to laundromat.

We cannot hang out clothes out to dry. We never could, but I would love to have that option.

I can hang my clothes out to dry on my balcony but I need a pole to hang on my balcony so I can hang my clothes on there. Just haven't bothered to because we have very large dryers that are only $1 and can fit 3-4 loads in one.

i washed clothes and hanged clothes outside in summer time.. sometimes in winter time. few times i did tried that and it freeze dried.. i was like cool? lol :) save electricity.. can put fabric softener to keep it soft?? :P but i do use dryer most of times in winter.. i would dry the load of clothes..

fresh smell .. i love hte smell from outdoors... ahhhhhh :)

SmileyGin said:
i washed clothes and hanged clothes outside in summer time.. sometimes in winter time. few times i did tried that and it freeze dried.. i was like cool? lol :) save electricity.. can put fabric softener to keep it soft?? :P but i do use dryer most of times in winter.. i would dry the load of clothes..

fresh smell .. i love hte smell from outdoors... ahhhhhh :)

Very true, I love fresh smell when I hang clothes outside. I only use dryer for winter time... I compared and prefer hang outside... FRESH SMELL mmmhhhh....

I washed 3 times a day and hanged the clothes outside last Saturday. It dried within one hour due hot weather.

Liebling:-))) said:
Thank you for make list of your utilities used.

Gas used per KWh, Gallon or cbm?

I work out to compare your monthly bill with my annual bill.

You used 1,102 electricity KWh per month which means is you only pay 0.08 cent per KWh including tax/charges , that is terrible cheap than mine... I paid 0.22 cents per KWh including tax/charges.

You used electricity KWh too much than me.

I will work out on your Gas used only if you give me which used, you have KWh, Gallon or cbm per Gas.

GalaxyAngel, your post about utilitiy used is bit confused... I will try again... Can you please type and copy the list of your bill written then I can work out how much you used per KWh..

Yep, thats when I had old air central unit (it keeps running non-stop, not normal). I just had new air central unit installed few weeks ago so I think that will help cut down lot usage of electricity. :fingersx:

By the way, it doesn't show how much usage for gas so I don't know. :dunno:

I decided to tell you how to save your oil or electric furnace bill. If I go to work and no one is at my house, I always turn my furnace off. (Oh yes everyday - no problem.) It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to make the water hot after I turn it on. In fact, currently I have a little more than 1/4 of oil in the tank which is not too bad - especially save our earth environment! :) I also saved my money pretty good so far for two years. You should do the same thing...

:dunno: Pretty don't know why you don't understand.. but I followed and copied this hydro bill Electric and union gas(natural gas for heater/hot water)
Here's kwh

GalaxyAngel said:
:dunno: Pretty don't know why you don't understand.. but I followed and copied this hydro bill Electric and union gas(natural gas for heater/hot water)
Here's kwh

That's good because some Gas use prices on KWh, cbm or gallon. Now you answer KWh for Gas... That's good. I'm going to work out on your bill later.

*bump for the newbies* :P

How'd you know I was this bored?

We live at the edge of a very large plane, and get extremely high winds at all times. Our chairs must be bolted down to avoid blowing away on a normal day. If we hung our clothes out, the clothes would act as sails and blow the clothes line away. It rains 9 months out of the year anyway.

I did buy a clothes drying rack once and experimented with drying clothes in the house to save money, but the air became so moist that water was running off the windows and puddling on the window sills, and the whole house smelled like a dryer vent.

:)

Back