Last Movie You Watched?

Vampy, I was thinking about deciding to watching Precious, yeah thought it might be a real downer to watch, think id leave it to a later date. Planet 51 is Ok , it seems theres a quite a few films out recently which have 'reverse casts' i mean like goodies/baddies/ us/them is completely reversed, like Daybreakers is one such that I saw last night, i thought it was very good if not EXCELLENT, as somewhere along the line it cinematic/story potential waned off to a more formulatic treatment like but the time its 3/4 way thru the film the novelty has quickly wore off.. same goes for Planet 51.
the girl with dragon tattoo is bloody good!! see it... a little bit of sadistic violence are in it which is not appropriate to show younger people (while they LIke to tHINK ITS 'cool' to see the extreme as it 'deludes them they are seeing adults stuff hence making them FEEL like 'adults'...

Planet 51 isn't as good as Monsters, Inc- not even close...its ok...but not epic-great, Monsters, Inc has alot of well placed and well used plots which really fires the audience's imagination by contrast Planet 51, has a lot of re-cycled Hollywood 'standardsised ideas' from previous films of the past 30 years, it was very clever at that, it somewhat for the older audience (us) to play 'spot the famous cues', 'ah that was in Alien, or that was in Back to the Future', etc etc. Its displays of motiffs, montages, or virtual props were barely original....in so saying this, its a clever film, alot of effort to put it all together but it just didnt have the magic or emotional power of "Monsters, Inc"

"Unthinkable"
very graphic and does make ya think
but not for faint of heart

Thw Girl with the Green Dragon Tattoo....pure excellent and at 2 1/2 hrs is still great to watch....in subtitles

agree about the girl with tattoo, got some raw sadistic scene - cool!
greenzone just had this dragging-on pace, so its combination of all of it, acting is good, i got the plot but it was long winded...i guess its editing if anything, it surely lacked the extreme -fast editing of the bourne identity - apart from the tracking at night with devices (it was fast but not completely clear...)

thats my take on it, the story could be a bit tighter but im not sure how or where though. I liked the overall polt though because its the 'nearest' thing to hollywood has about the 'truth of media distortion' on war depiction - EXCEPT it wasnt about media but about that corrupt politician character played by Greg Kinnear (which he did superbly), its not entirely academic and not entirely truthful about how the media DOES play quite a significant part in brainwashing the masses..
then again i guess they avoided it because if media is roped in, then it could arouse confusion or even suspicion, so instead that film is shaped to be a 'flavour of the month' albeit way way later from the 2003 events, which does make you wonder?
I mean obviously no way they would have made this film back then as they (US Army) needed volunteers...

The Book of Eli (Blu-ray)
Disney's A Christmas Carol (Jim Carrey) (Blu-ray)
Disney's Dinosaur (DVD)
Ghost World (DVD)
The Shawshank Redemption (DVD)

The Book of Eli (Blu-ray)
Disney's A Christmas Carol (Jim Carrey) (Blu-ray)
Disney's Dinosaur (DVD)
Ghost World (DVD)
The Shawshank Redemption (DVD)

For your information, A Christmas Carol isn't available on either DVD or Blu-ray. I believe it's due to be released on the 16th of November.

For your information, A Christmas Carol isn't available on either DVD or Blu-ray. I believe it's due to be released on the 16th of November.
I do have the Spanish version in 2D.

6jhw5g.jpg

I recently watched The Haunting of Molly Hartley. Weird movie, but predictable. :)

Watched "Murderball" based on a couple posts that were made somewhere on this site. Was very interested in it and the people in it. Wish it had been longer. It left me feeling a bit unfulfilled, but was still a good documentary.

Back