Kazaa

WhoCare

Reaction score
Did you know that Kazaa is no longer for free??
I went to Morpheus and I learned its sooooooooooo bad programs. I don't trust Morpheus.
Do you know any kind like Kazaa can I find?/
Thank you.

Morpheus? Are you referring to DC++? DC++ is a good program. All file-sharing programs are risky... including Kazaa. It's just a matter of using your best judgement. I use DC++ and never had problems with viruses. I use it to connect to a hub on campus so I'm connected to other RIT students whose connection is super-speed! :thumb:

VamPyroX said:
Morpheus? Are you referring to DC++? DC++ is a good program. All file-sharing programs are risky... including Kazaa. It's just a matter of using your best judgement. I use DC++ and never had problems with viruses. I use it to connect to a hub on campus so I'm connected to other RIT students whose connection is super-speed! :thumb:

What do you exactly mean in file-sharing programs as being risky?

Banjo said:
What do you exactly mean in file-sharing programs as being risky?
You never know exactly what you are downloading. It could be anything. For instance, a friend of mine was looking for a video on DC++. He found a long listing and decided to pick the one that had the least memory. It was a 1-hour anime video, and they typically range from around 100 MB to 200 MB in size. He found only one that was 25 MB so he downloaded it. It turned out to be a virus. If he was wise, he would have downloaded the one that 10 people had instead of the one unique one that was attention getting. That's what I mean by being risky.

VamPyroX said:
You never know exactly what you are downloading. It could be anything. For instance, a friend of mine was looking for a video on DC++. He found a long listing and decided to pick the one that had the least memory. It was a 1-hour anime video, and they typically range from around 100 MB to 200 MB in size. He found only one that was 25 MB so he downloaded it. It turned out to be a virus. If he was wise, he would have downloaded the one that 10 people had instead of the one unique one that was attention getting. That's what I mean by being risky.

Oh yes, I know what you mean by that.

WhoCare said:
Did you know that Kazaa is no longer for free??
I went to Morpheus and I learned its sooooooooooo bad programs. I don't trust Morpheus.
Do you know any kind like Kazaa can I find?/
Thank you.

you said you looking for another like kazaa so here I know two website is www.overnet.com and www.mesh.com that's all ;)

VamPyroX said:

Humm... I am intrested. what is web address?

Christo said:
you said you looking for another like kazaa so here I know two website is www.overnet.com and www.mesh.com that's all ;)

Thank you Christo.
I downloaded Overnet program and I found it is really sucks!! Its too damn slow. Kazaa is great but I know I took a risk. Because I'm stupid.

WhoCare said:
Humm... I am intrested. what is web address?
DC++

I use DC++, bit torrent and Streamload to get whatever I need. I refused to use or install any kind of p2p beside these three. I have same reasons as VamPyroX have.

Actually, you can still get kazaa for free. http://www.oldversion.com/, pick the kazaa lite version becuase that one doesn't have any spywares or adwares at all, it's much better than the regular kazaa.

My younger brother uses eDonkey for his file sharing addiction.

Richard

FYI -- I just found out that IMESH, OverNet and a few versions of KaZaa are spywares. Just have to be aware of which ones. I use a spyware-free version of Kazaa and it is...Kazaa Lite K++, Version 2.4.3

WaterRats13 said:
FYI -- I just found out that IMESH, OverNet and a few versions of KaZaa are spywares. Just have to be aware of which ones. I use a spyware-free version of Kazaa and it is...Kazaa Lite K++, Version 2.4.3

Yeah, I agree.
When it completed download, I always use Ad-ware and spybot.

Back