Just your thoughts and opinion on things.

hmm... I think FTC should ban pharmaceutical advertisements (on tv and magazines) again and they should be a hard-ass like UK on false advertisement.

i couldn't agree more!

these kinds of ads only serve to encourage people to self-diagnose themselves and 9 times out of 10, a person really doesn't have what they think they do.

i've come across people who think they're bipolar simply because they get angry. sorry, but that's not what having bipolar means. one must also experience mania (high energy levels, extreme happiness, restlessness) and severe depression (or a milder mania known as hypomania and mild depression) as well.

i'm thinking of one particular commercial for a bipolar med that makes me roll my eyes every time i see it. worse yet, the commercial doesn't even advise you to see a *psychiatrist* for diagnosis (since doctors generally don't prescribe psychiatric meds).

Ohhh I didnt get the purpose of this thread..I thought it was discussing on what our opinion is of one topic..didnt realize u wanted us to post our opinions of different topics. Duh me!

Ok...I think spanking is ok and the law shouldnt get involved with parents' rights to spank their children. Sometimes, children need a good spanking every now and then. Just my opinion.

I have to agree with you because today kids are spoiled and don't behave. They NEED displine! I was spanked, punished, etc and now I'm a good boy. :P The CPS don't allow spanking or punishing your kids that they used to do in the past. *shrugs*

yep! on christmas my 12 year old nephew misplaced his cell phone. i was thinking to myself, "what on earth does a 12 year old need with a cell phone?" (unless the phone is only designed to call 911)

My daughter has a cell phone since she was 8 courtesy of my ex hubby. I disagree with it. Too late now but I dont allow her to yap away on it when she is with us. Luckily, she loves to read more than anything.

The school district in our county still allows corporal punishment. :) With a parent permission signed slip. (with a wooden paddle)

Go figure.

The school district in our county still allows corporal punishment. :) With a parent permission signed slip. (with a wooden paddle)

Go figure.

lol wtf? permission slip to spank their kids? lol that's funny. i also think people (yes even adults) are too hooked on blackberry/SK/iphone wherever they go. they were so quick to check it even when talking to people :mad2:

My daughter has a cell phone since she was 8 courtesy of my ex hubby. I disagree with it. Too late now but I dont allow her to yap away on it when she is with us. Luckily, she loves to read more than anything.

i've heard of 5 year olds having cell phones. i don't have children, but if i did, i would only allow them to have a cell phone that dialed 911. if i could survive without a cell phone when i was that age, so can they. :P

Go figure.

For real?????? I was spanked by my teachers when I was very young and I didnt experience any traumatic memories. LOL!

Go figure.

at least your school district allows children to be punished by principals like they used to be. if i had children, i'd seek out a school district like yours *and* give them permission to spank my child.

at least your school district allows children to be punished by principals like they used to be. if i had children, i'd seek out a school district like yours *and* give them permission to spank my child.

or you could send them to a strict boarding school in UK :laugh2:

i've heard of 5 year olds having cell phones. i don't have children, but if i did, i would only allow them to have a cell phone that dialed 911. if i could survive without a cell phone when i was that age, so can they. :P

My ex thinks my daughter should have all the latest gadgets..it sucks to have shared custody cuz he has different views on how to raise our daughter than I do.

I think men should let the women make on the decisions in raising children! J/K!

lol wtf? permission slip to spank their kids? lol that's funny. i also think people (yes even adults) are too hooked on blackberry/SK/iphone wherever they go. they were so quick to check it even when talking to people :mad2:

yup!

I have to admit I am guilty of that from time to time. Due to I get messages from my brother in Iraq.

I see his name on my phone and I expect the world to halt for me :)

Sorry!

For real?????? I was spanked by my teachers when I was very young and I didnt experience any traumatic memories. LOL!

neither did i. i even had my mouth washed out with soap in front of the entire class in 5th grade for lying about going to my violin lesson and i suffered no emotional trauma because of it. oh, i almost forgot. that was the same teacher who used to smack us upside the head if we got the answer to a math question wrong -- i survived though.

My ex thinks my daughter should have all the latest gadgets..it sucks to have shared custody cuz he has different views on how to raise our daughter than I do.

I think men should let the women make on the decisions in raising children! J/K!

i do too! one of my sisters allows her 14 year old daughter to have a cell phone. that i can understand, but a 5 or 8 year old? NOT.

neither did i. i even had my mouth washed out with soap in front of the entire class in 5th grade for lying about going to my violin lesson and i suffered no ill effects because of it.

wtf? i'm horrified. i don't really support that kind of punishment because nowaday - more and more people have allergic reaction to anything. I remember my friend in elementary school has an allergic reaction to soap so he accidentally washed his face with it and half of his face was swollen and red for a couple days.... it looks like an acid burn.

yup!

I have to admit I am guilty of that from time to time. Due to I get messages from my brother in Iraq.

I see his name on my phone and I expect the world to halt for me :)

Sorry!

:laugh2: hey that's an exception so you're exempted from my tirade :laugh2: but only for those who had to answer trivial messages like - "WAT U UP 2?" "OMG LOLZ!"

I think men should let the women make on the decisions in raising children!
J/K!

Oh Shared custody sucks!

I feel shared custody is too confusing for a child. IMO

One set of rules is better than two. Eh?

Child needs consistency. Than having two separate household telling them the rules. A child should be allowed to visit the other parent. But I really despise shared custody. One week at Moms and one week and Dads and keeps rotating. so the rules rotates and the household rotates a bit too hard on a child I think.. Really hard for a child to adjust to that.

Oh Shared custody sucks!

Child needs consistency. Than having two separate household telling them the rules. A child should be allowed to visit the other parent. But I really despise shared custody. One week at Moms and one week and Dads and keeps rotating. so the rules rotates and the household rotates a bit too hard on a child I think.. Really hard for a child to adjust to that.

:werd:

Oh Shared custody sucks!

No...we dont have a schedule like that..she is with me 3 weekends of the month and on all breaks/vacations.

something just occurred to me. when i was in preschool, my teacher used to put me on the opposite side of the room by myself whenever i used to have crying fits or temper tantrums. perhaps my parents should have sued the school district for hindering my social skills like they do today...

Back