Just your thoughts and opinion on things.

Babyblue

Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion on something.

Don't need any links or proofs. I just want pure thoughts and opinions on issues.

This thread is open to all opinions. If this turns into a debate.

Then mods are welcome to move it to a debate thread.

Go on! Lets see some people opinions and thoughts.

One of mine is.

Cooking a good home cook meals is becoming a lost art. due to box dinners.

I agree that box dinners makes people less motivated to cook and also, I think they also contribute to the obesity and diabetics rise in America. That's why I avoid them..I cant stand the thought of all the sodium in them and putting all that in my body. My friend makes her family dinner from box dinners...told her that is not good for her kids. What do u think? Do you think parents who cook dinner from the box for their families are to be blamed for their children's health problems later on?

Opinion on anything? My opinion is the French are right about letting dogs go to restaurants and public places with people.

I would be happy if my dogs could go everywhere with me.

I agree that box dinners makes people less motivated to cook and also, I think they also contribute to the obesity and diabetics rise in America. That's why I avoid them..I cant stand the thought of all the sodium in them and putting all that in my body. My friend makes her family dinner from box dinners...told her that is not good for her kids. What do u think? Do you think parents who cook dinner from the box for their families are to be blamed for their children's health problems later on?

I agree. I am guilty of using box dinners at times. But I still know how to cook from scratch and make a good ol' fashion meal.

Having a pacifier above the age of two is ridiculous to me. I see two, three and even four year olds walking around with "Binkies" in their mouths. To me it is ridiculous. Just my Opinion.

Cooking a good home cook meals is becoming a lost art. due to box dinners.

yes... very true.... I think it's because of a very aggressive and well-funded tv commercials making us think cooking is foolish and a waste of time. :mad2:

Ohhh I didnt get the purpose of this thread..I thought it was discussing on what our opinion is of one topic..didnt realize u wanted us to post our opinions of different topics. Duh me!

Ok...I think spanking is ok and the law shouldnt get involved with parents' rights to spank their children. Sometimes, children need a good spanking every now and then. Just my opinion.

yep most def.

Ohhh I didnt get the purpose of this thread..I thought it was discussing on what our opinion is of one topic..didnt realize u wanted us to post our opinions of different topics. Duh me!

Ok...I think spanking is ok and the law shouldnt get involved with parents' rights to spank their children. Sometimes, children need a good spanking every now and then. Just my opinion.

oh.... woops.... hmmm I think kids should learn how to use cellphone properly. They are too attached and too addicted to cellphone. it's like a new cigarette for youths - it's a "fad" to yap away on cellphone.

i do. while parents are entitled to feed their children whatever they want, they don't have the right to sue a food manufacturer or fast food restaurant if their child develops health problems or obesity. my mother always cooked meals for me and i'm considered to be in excellent health. also, because of the way i was raised, i don't eat alot of junk food. the only thing i struggle with is drinking too much coke as i know caffeine isn't good for you. :(

i agree with shel's post about child discipline. it's sad that parents could discipline their children 25-30 years ago, but can't lay a hand on them today.

my opinion is that rapists and murderers (especially those who kill for the sheer joy of it) ought to be subjected to the death penalty *provided they are given a fair trial* and are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt

This thread is open for any opinions. From anyone.

Pure thoughts and what you think! :)

oh.... woops.... hmmm I think kids should learn how to use cellphone properly. They are too attached and too addicted to cellphone. it's like a new cigarette for youths - it's a "fad" to yap away on cellphone.

yep! on christmas my 12 year old nephew misplaced his cell phone. i was thinking to myself, "what on earth does a 12 year old need with a cell phone?" (unless the phone is only designed to call 911)

i do. while parents are entitled to feed their children whatever they want, they don't have the right to sue a food manufacturer or fast food restaurant if their child develops health problems or obesity. my mother always cooked meals for me and i'm considered to be in excellent health. also, because of the way i was raised, i don't eat alot of junk food. the only thing i struggle with is drinking too much coke as i know caffeine isn't good for you. :(

edit: oops! i didn't read carefully either -- although i agree with shel's post about child discipline. it's sad that parents could discipline their children 25-30 years ago, but can't lay a hand on them today.

my opinion is that rapists and murderers (especially those who kill for the sheer joy of it) ought to be subjected to the death penalty *provided that they are given a fair trial* and are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt

In my opinion, I think rapists and murderers should be wiped off from the Earth. I know that some of the reform but their victims are either dead or scarred for life. I dont think that's right.

In my opinion, gays and lesbains should have the same rights as straight people to marry.

I agree. I was at a family function yesterday and Our teen relatives were texting the whole time. :roll:

I am guilty of giving my daughter a phone with unlimited texting,but she is not allowed to use it at certain times. I set boundaries for her.

So that I agree with along with the hand held video games.

In my opinion, I think rapists and murderers should be wiped off from the Earth. I know that some of the reform but their victims are either dead or scarred for life. I dont think that's right.

In my opinion, gays and lesbains should have the same rights as straight people to marry.

i agree with your post 100% -- especially about gays and lesbians. why they don't have equal rights to marriage, i'll never understand.

besides, what difference does it make if a child's parents are gay? as long as a child is brought up in a loving home, sexual orientation should not matter.

i agree with shel's post about child discipline. it's sad that parents could discipline their children 25-30 years ago, but can't lay a hand on them today.

my opinion is that rapists and murderers (especially those who kill for the sheer joy of it) ought to be subjected to the death penalty *provided they are given a fair trial* and are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt

With out a doubt. The CPS protect our children from neglect and harm. But for the simple fact of disciplining your children, is questioned because they did not like the method you used is outrageous. (especially when the child was not harmed)

When a parent is the sole responsible person for the child's actions. such as getting sued when the child does something stupid. Then the parents are looked at as they are horrible. so it is a touchy subject.

I agree. I was at a family function yesterday and Our teen relatives were texting the whole time. :roll:

i don't understand why teenagers in the same room can't talk to one another, but decide to text instead. :hmm:

i don't think it's "cool" to be seen yapping away on cellphone. it's not like you're Donald Trump or some executive who has to make important decisions. so until you are.. you are just an insignificant, unimportant fish like rest of us so don't try too hard to look important. :laugh2:

hmm... I think FTC should ban pharmaceutical advertisements (on tv and magazines) again and they should be a hard-ass like UK on false advertisement.

With out a doubt. The CPS protect our children. But for the simple fact of disciplining your children is questioned because they did not like the method you used is outrageous. (especially when the child was not harmed) When a parent is the sole responsible person for the child's actions. such as getting sued when the child does something stupid.

**nodding in agreement** i plan to become a social worker (or therapist) and hope to reform the system in one way or another. one person can't do it alone, but i'm going to try and do the best i can.

i don't think it's "cool" to be seen yapping away on cellphone. it's not like you're Donald Trump or some executive who has to make important decisions. so until you are.. you are just an insignificant, unimportant fish like rest of us so don't try too hard to look important. :laugh2:

hmm... I think FTC should ban pharmaceutical advertisements (on tv and magazines) again and they should be a hard-ass like UK on false advertisement.

LOL I happen to disagree with that. I have a daughter, When she has her friends over both just, yap, yap, yap, and it is almost like I can not wait until her friends go home!!!

She is more quiet on the phone. Thank Gawd she is not the crazy texting type. She is more of a face to face kid..

Back