Just your thoughts and opinion on things.

If you call in advance, could the bus pick you up right in front of your homes? I know we have certain transits in our area, that picks up anyone that is in need at their homes.

in my neighborhood, buses are not allowed to go off-route. that means a person must wait at a designated bus stop in order to take public transportation.

having said that, we do have paratransit services in which a van takes people with disabilities door-to-door, but most of the time, a person using such services must ride several hours in a van (to pick up or drop off other customers) before reaching their destination. when i used to take this service, it wasn't uncommon for me to wait 1-2 hours for a van to pick me up or ride in a van for 3 hours before finally being dropped off at home. needless to say, i got fed up and started taking public transportation and cabs instead.

also, some paratransit services require you to call 48-72 hours in advance of your appointment. sometimes it's not always possible to do that which is another reason why i prefer to take the bus or a cab instead.

also, some paratransit services require you to call 48-72 hours in advance of your appointment. sometimes it's not always possible to do that which is another reason why i prefer to take the bus or a cab instead.

yea... no way in hell am I gonna wait in van for 3 hours just to get to home. :mad2:

yea... no way in hell am I gonna wait in van for 3 hours just to get to home. :mad2:

no kidding. what really used to frustrate me is when a van driver would be a few blocks away from my home (or pass it entirely) and have to go to the other side of town to pick up another customer. <mad> the only reason i know this happened to me was because the driver would tell me that he or she had to leave my neighborhood to pick up another customer on the opposite side of town.

I believe that we should be able to custom design what cable station selections we want and don't want, and pay for it that way. In this way, you don't have to click through stations you don't use.

I don't watch the Spanish stations, many of the sports stations, and the home shopping networks.

no kidding. what really used to frustrate me is when a van driver would be a few blocks away from my home (or pass it entirely) and have to go to the other side of town to pick up another customer. <mad> the only reason i know this happened to me was because the driver would tell me that he or she had to leave my neighborhood to pick up another customer on the opposite side of town.

Call your local Bus Transit, and have them add a bus stop closer to home.

I wonder if the ADA law would help with this?

If not then call your local news station, and explain about the busing situation. Usually the publicity will get the Transit people going. :D

In my opinion, professional sports players are paid way too much money!

Call your local Bus Transit, and have them add a bus stop closer to home.

I wonder if the ADA law would help with this?

unfortunately, where i live, the bus doesn't travel past my home. i'm lucky that it stops 8 blocks away along the 4-lane busy highway i mentioned since i live in a neighborhood that borders two counties (one county that provides public transportation and another county that doesn't except in the city limits).

If not then call your local news station, and explain about the busing situation. Usually the publicity will get the Transit people going. :D

that's not an option because the bus doesn't travel near my home. it only goes as far as the 4-lane highway, then turns around and heads back to the city.

unfortunately, where i live, the bus doesn't travel past my home. i'm lucky that it stops 8 blocks away along the 4-lane busy highway i mentioned since i live in a neighborhood that borders two counties (one county that provides public transportation and another county that doesn't except in the city limits).

Dang!

Between a rock and a hard place.

Dang!

Between a rock and a hard place.

i know. if it weren't for the one bus that does go as far as the highway, i'd *really* be stuck and wouldn't be able to go anywhere. we have alot of shopping centers in the area, but if i want to go to the city, there's no way i can get there except by cab.

I believe that we should be able to custom design what cable station selections we want and don't want, and pay for it that way. In this way, you don't have to click through stations you don't use.

I don't watch the Spanish stations, many of the sports stations, and the home shopping networks.

That is a great idea! I dunno if it will work due to the sponsors or ads needed to support cable telivision?

That is a great idea! I dunno if it will work due to the sponsors or ads needed to support cable telivision?

They will probably charge extra for letting us pick and choose. (custom) and
Pro-rate it by channels we get.

that's why people get satellite tv

In my opinion, professional sports players are paid way too much money!

omg SO TRUE. Look at professional athletes in other countries. they were :-o

yes that's sadly why our cable bills are "cheap." Same for movie tickets.

Since oil prices dropped. The food prices should as well. Due they claim to raise it because of the high gas prices.

It was, but now since they have kept them up that high and people paid anyway, they think they can keep them higher and make the difference in gas prices in profit instead.

Back