Jeep gone :cry:

The parts of the jeep is worth much more than the jeep itself.

Motor $500-600, tranny $300-500, so on.

Too bad insurance will take it in for auction to get money back.

The other driver's insurance will pay but they pay only the book value of the vehicle.

When I checked last year, the book value for my Jeep was $830. I'm sure that it's less now.

oh my............. well I see that your Jeep has some accessories and stuff. I believe you can demand to get compensated for it.

My motorcycle insurance will compensate me for any damaged add-on accessories in case of accident so I hope you can do that. You can try to argue with them to pay up little more because of money and work you put in. :dunno:

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Reba said:
Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Stupid lousy insurance companies. What abt other driver who hit you should pay for the damages.
The other driver's insurance will pay but they pay only the book value of the vehicle.

When I checked last year, the book value for my Jeep was $830. I'm sure that it's less now.

Damn thats beyond fucked up. Maybe use that to put a down payment on a cheap car worth 2000 or so?

If the other driver's insurance has a rental coverage rider (not all do), then they will definitely pay for your car rental for whatever the specified time is. My car was hit by a driver running a red light some years ago. Because it was an 8 year old car and the damage amounted to more than $2,000, it was declared totalled.

His fault, his insurance company agreed it was his fault. His company paid my rental for two weeks, I think it was, until I bought a new car.

His insurance company basically could not have been nicer about the whole thing. I even said a rental wasn't necessary, I could use my husband's car. Nope, far as they were concerned, I was entitled to two (or maybe more - I can't even remember now) weeks' coverage and they would give me that. Regardless of whether I even actually rented a car for all that time!

'course now I can't even remember what insurance company it was, but they certainly stood by their policy and were very cordial and helpful to me. They gave me a fair price for my totalled car, too, which was even more important.

If the other driver's insurance has a rental coverage rider (not all do), then they will definitely pay for your car rental for whatever the specified time is. My car was hit by a driver running a red light some years ago. Because it was an 8 year old car and the damage amounted to more than $2,000, it was declared totalled.

His fault, his insurance company agreed it was his fault. His company paid my rental for two weeks, I think it was, until I bought a new car.

His insurance company basically could not have been nicer about the whole thing. I even said a rental wasn't necessary, I could use my husband's car. Nope, far as they were concerned, I was entitled to two (or maybe more - I can't even remember now) weeks' coverage and they would give me that. Regardless of whether I even actually rented a car for all that time!

'course now I can't even remember what insurance company it was, but they certainly stood by their policy and were very cordial and helpful to me. They gave me a fair price for my totalled car, too, which was even more important.
That was very nice. :)

I shall check into it.

The parts of the jeep is worth much more than the jeep itself.

Motor $500-600, tranny $300-500, so on.

Too bad insurance will take it in for auction to get money back.
Even the cop said, "Wow, those look like new tires!" :lol:

I think when they part them out that's after it's been declared a total, and the insurance company keeps the money.

Believe me, we will remove anything not bolted on (and maybe then some). :giggle:

It was pristine inside. Not even any wear on the fabric upholstery, and the headliner was perfect.

I think everyone here knows I have a rather anal personality, and I apply that to my material belongings, too. :lol: Everything is well maintained.

Sorry about your jeep, Reba. What year is it? Mileage are left?

I am so sorry to hear that. I know how much you really loved your jeep, Reba... :(

I am glad you're OK, at least. Thank goodness! :)

My aunt had a serious car accident a week ago. The driver who hit my aunt's Pruis. Her car was rolling over. She is having a few health issues from it right now, but she is having them looked after, and she said she is sure she'll be fine very soon.

I think when they part them out that's after it's been declared a total, and the insurance company keeps the money.

Believe me, we will remove anything not bolted on (and maybe then some). :giggle:

It was pristine inside. Not even any wear on the fabric upholstery, and the headliner was perfect.

I think everyone here knows I have a rather anal personality, and I apply that to my material belongings, too. :lol: Everything is well maintained.

funny - when I saw your pix, first thing I noticed was your tires. "dang.... I wanna steal them tires"

I would have offered to buy the transmission to help you out if it were an automatic. I need one now :)

I'm glad you are more or less OK. I know you liked your Jeep.

I am so sorry to hear that. I know how much you really loved your jeep, Reba... :(

I am glad you're OK, at least. Thank goodness! :)

My aunt had a serious car accident a week ago. The driver who hit my aunt's Pruis. Her car was rolling over. She is having a few health issues from it right now, but she is having them looked after, and she said she is sure she'll be fine very soon.
A rollover is scary. I hope your aunt will recover soon.

*gasp* I thought it was a stick!!!

If its a inline 4.0..... look below.

If you can part it out, I'll pay for the tranny and freight, just lemme know.
It is an inline 4.0 but if the insurance company totals it the Jeep will belong to them. Sorry. I would love to see it go for a good cause but....

My Cherokee was totaled this morning. I'm OK. Other driver's fault. Crash in front of my college. Driver side impact. Jeep went spinning in air.

Glad you are ok. I had a very HUGE traffic related fright last evening. Me and my roommate were nearly killed by a semi that couldn't stop in time.

Right as I thought I was going to die ... I screamed like a little girl. I am glad my roommate is profoundly deaf.

I looked like this guy:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92d1xtjXf8E[/ame]

Whoa! Glad you and your roommate are all right. Way too many accidents or near-accidents here!

Reba, Be happy you are okay and no hurt.

Just close the door and the welding on it then you are good to go. Use passenger door to exit/enter. :)

Back