ISP (internet service)

illustrator

Reaction score
What kind internet service are you on?

I am on SBC DSL 100MB :D

Of course, I add router that allow share with my bro's computer. ;)

I use RIT's OC3 internet connection. The connection speed here is GREAT! Try up to 5MB per second!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
I use RIT's OC3 internet connection. The connection speed here is GREAT! Try up to 5MB per second!

suck.. you lucky bastard! But, I will have to see when you will finally move out inot your own place. That mean, you would make a choice an ISP. :D good luck!

Originally posted by illustrator
I am on SBC DSL 100MB :D

Same here but 1.5mb

shared w/ 3 pc..

I have cable modem. I dunno what kind? :dunno:
This modem thing looks like a shark fin with green lights on it.

Originally posted by e
I have cable modem. I dunno what kind? :dunno:
This modem thing looks like a shark fin with green lights on it.

look at the cable bill! :D

I'm currently using DSL provided by FastAccess (BellSouth). I think I'll go back to cable-modem soon (Adelphia), so that way I'll be able to connect with my other computers at no charge.

My cablemodem at home is AT&T. Attbi.com is converting to Comcast.com. *sigh* I wouldn't think Comcast would provide similar service as the Attbi.com have. However, it's cool to have them since there's no contracts compared to DSL.

Yeah, RIT had great network when I was a student there before 2000, but students sucked when they intruded or abused other innocents in the network because of experimenting.

In comparison of University and real life at home, the real life at home with cablemodem is in peace of mind better than using university's network. I bet you would see lot of blocked college intruders trying to get in your system by the firewall IF you have logging enabled. :)

The point is using DSL or cablemodem are better than nothing and suitable for homes.

I currently use Optimum Online by Cablevision (so do you, Elyse), and I'm happy with the upload/download speed. The average speeds are:

Download: 9134 kbps
Upload: 950 kbps
URL: http://nyc.speakeasy.net

Here, Dial up with 24k modem speed. The last time I used to have Direcway. It total suck!

Originally posted by illustrator I am on SBC DSL 100MB :D

So, you have to pay extra to get the router to connect your SBC DSL to other computer(s)?

Back